Spanish Infantas's Fashion and Style Part 2: April 2011 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was only well dressed when she was married because her ex husband worked for haute couture .

I don't agree,Elena's dress sense has improved and remained good,granted she still has her disaster moments like the horror above :D

Oh My Lord !!!!!:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
I can not believe that Infanta Elena wore this ghastly ensemble. There isn't a single redeeming piece in this sloppy ensemble.

Last edited:
^^^Except the color, for me. Otherwise, it's hideous and I can't understand why she's slinging a mop on her back.

Last edited:
The color looks awful, too, in my opinion. It ages her, washes her out, and generally looks like a remnant from a 1980s bridesmaid dress. Yikes!

I don't care what designer labels they wear, both Infantas always look like dowdy housewives to me.

JMHO, of course.

I don't care what designer labels they wear, both Infantas always look like dowdy housewives to me.

JMHO, of course.
I have to agree. Elena can throw a little caution to the wind when she wants to, but Christina (especially lately) has just looked tired and blah. No spunk in her trunk that's for sure. Queen Sofia has enough spunk for them both though. I just love her bohemian take on some outfits, especially all her bracelets, I'd love to get into her jewelry drawer (vault).

Infanta Elena during the visit of the Dutch Royal Couple in Madrid today, September 18. Her outfit is not bad, but it gets out of line with all other ladies wearing dresses/skirts and light colours - she's a bit dressed like the fourth gentleman of the meeting ;)

** Full view ** Upper part **

The ensemble is baggy. The pink sailor t-shirt does not match the look. I am sure there are more feminine and better tailored pieces in Infanta Elena's wardrobe.

Disappointing outfit choice by Elena given it was a visit by the King and Queen,the Infanta can do lot better.

Elena at the first edition of the "International Contemporary Art Fair: SUMMA" in Madrid yesterday, September 19, wearing a peace of art herself ;):)

** Full view **

I actually think the dress has an interesting pattern and the color suits the infanta very well. I also like her hair style for the occasion. I just think this type of cut on her jacket looks too small on her (perhaps because of her wide hips?). I admire the fact that she is not afraid to wear different styles . . . :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The dress isn't beautiful at all, it is far too busy pattern IMO. And Elena's hairdo doesn't do her any favours, it makes her look at least 10 years older than she is. Her jewellery doesn't suit with her outfit and she has too much different kind of necklaces and bracelets. This outfit could be look good on someone, but not on Elena.

Isn't this a repeat outfit from Elena? I recall seeing her wear it before,perhaps at the Anniversary Mass for her grandfather the late Count of Barcelona.

The shoes look odd!

I do like Elena's use of accessories,the pearls,earings and her grandmothers Fleur de lys brooch and incomplete contrast to the minimal look of her sister in law.

I do like Elena's use of accessories,the pearls,earings and her grandmothers Fleur de lys brooch and incomplete contrast to the minimal look of her sister in law.
i thought her brooch clashed badly with the outfit.

Elena at the 'Un Juguete, Una Ilusion' campaign presentation at Radio Television Espanola Headquarters on November 7:

** Full view **

Last edited:
:previous:
You are absolutely right. Infanta Elena had better ensembles when Don Jaime, shall we say, advised her.

The ensemble per se is all right. The Chanel bag and shoes are nice. Infanta Elena's hair could be better. As for jewellery, Infanta Elena seems to wear every piece she has at once.

Last edited:
Elena looks nice and I would've said she looked elegant, although her jacket didn't do it for me. I agree with Al_bina on her hair, it's looking a little wild. But who am I to criticize, when my hair looks just as bad. :D I know that it's hard to get frizzy hair to look perfect. Also about the hair, it looks like it was windy in Palma de Mallorca, as there's a photo of Letizia's hair blowing in her face a little. I can't find it right now, but I saw it on the 'Easter Holiday 2014' thread. Perhaps that's the explanation for Elena's wild hair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom