Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2017 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she's put on weight since the weddings and is in denial. I've been there, done that ? and this is no criticism, just an observation. She does appear to need to look in a full length mirror before she goes out, and move about too, to see how things are (or are not) fitting.

I can certainly sympathize with being in pain. However, she looks lovely here. but the jacket spoils it. Next time, leave it at home. :D

Okay, this is better than what she's worn lately. The black with the diamonds is perfect, and the dress fits. :flowers:

Sarah is looking good and I quite like the lift the jacket gives her. Interestingly, I am beginning to love her flat shoes. Who'd have thought.

Not bad at all...much improved!

LaRae

It looks like a walk of shame moment (even though it's not). I can't imagine what she's thinking fashion wise.

LaRae

Perhaps you could google flappers or flapper girl. During the so-called Roaring Twenties, it was the fad to wear elaborate, frequently fringed, shift dresses, sometimes with an egret-feathered headband. They danced the Charleston, waved long cigarette holders about, drank champagne... This is certainly what I would wear to a Great Gatsby-themed 20s party.

I'm well aware of vintage fashion and Flappers. That doesn't mean Sarah is wearing a good representation of said design.

LaRae

Probably wasn’t made by Chanel or Worth, but for a costume party it was a fair representation of the flapper dress of that era...

There are ways for mature women who aren't skinny to look utterly fabulous in a 1920s style. Unfortunately, Sarah's choice definitely wasn't one of them. I don't know what fairy dust she has on her mirrors but if I were her friend, I'd clean it off & try to help her see what she really looks like & how to make the most of herself.

A longer dress would still have worked, I've attended a number of 20's themed/Gatsby themed parties and all the ladies have looked elegant and in keeping, it can be done.

There are ways for mature women who aren't skinny to look utterly fabulous in a 1920s style. Unfortunately, Sarah's choice definitely wasn't one of them. I don't know what fairy dust she has on her mirrors but if I were her friend, I'd clean it off & try to help her see what she really looks like & how to make the most of herself.

I agree. Sarah could've pulled out a fantastic flapper girl look if that were the theme of the party or what she wanted to aim for, but she gets it oh so wrong 90% of the time.

The fit is much better than some of her more recent outfits but she looks like she's going to a funeral or memorial service.

Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2017 -

The fit is much better than some of her more recent outfits but she looks like she's going to a funeral or memorial service.

Maybe she wanted to wear some subdued colours because this day is also the anniversary of Dianas’ death. She once called Diana her best friend. Maybe she didn’t feel like wearing bright colours today.

Maybe she wanted to wear some subdued colours because this day is also the anniversary of Dianas’ death. She once called Diana her best friend. Maybe she didn’t feel like wearing bright colours today.

Yes that's a good point & I hadn't thought of it.

I doubt that was the reason; the two hadn't spoken for years at the time of Diana's death.

I doubt that was the reason; the two hadn't spoken for years at the time of Diana's death.

However I don't think that was by Sarah's choice--Diana had had one of her miffs and cut Sarah, as she did so many others.

This dress seems to be her fit but I'm not amused by the color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom