Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2009 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this grey coat on the queen, interesting jewelry brooch too.

The white suit is absolutely wonderful on her; I love her little hat perched on her head. Snow Queen indeed!

That's a beautiful teal gown worn with her gray fur; I really like the lace overlay. She looks majestic and elegant as always.

Last edited:
That shade of green is goregous! I love the lace.

Queen Margrethe's evening gowns are always so regal. She looks lovely and I really like the color. :flowers:

Queen Margrethe attended a meeting with the State Council today, wearing a very nice blue
female suit and a fur coat, although I dislike fur, I must say it looks quite elegant on her this way.

** Full view with the coat ** Full view **

What a beautiful fur coat. HM looks very elegant. The colour of the suit is very nice.

Another beautiful outfit from HM and the color is wonderful; the style of that fur coat is also lovely.

Last edited:
Agree that the green lace evening gown is majestic on the Queen- the fur is stunning as well! I am surprised she didn't mix any emeralds with the outfit!

I love the fabric and the color of the dress,but I don't like the shoulders.

Once again, a very regal and majestic look for her. A perfect portrayal of a Renaissance queen in that deep, plush midnight blue and flowing skirts.

I am surprised by the last two days' dresses. She is such a fan of strong colors yet the two dresses are so dark.

I like them both though. Majestic is a good word.

There is something very timeless about the navy velvet evening gown, I really like it on the Queen!

I was surprised and disappointed the Queen didn't go with more of a color-themed wardrobe for her Jubilee. She did so well with the all-white ensemble with the ruby jewels. I just wish she had continued it forward.

Queen Margrethe's first two outfits on her throne anniversary day, January 14:
a dark coat with a colourful scarf and a wonderful white female suit under a
white coat - Snow Queen Margrethe :)

** Outfit 1 full view ** Outfit 1 upper part **

** Outfit 2 with the coat ** Outfit 1 full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I don't care for the first outfit, nothing special.

I really liked the snow white outfit and found it was a nice idea. Hat and fur looked nice and regal, too. Though I must say that such a white outfit of course makes a not so nice contrast to her teeth in close-ups. :whistling:

Queen Margrethe tonight attending Gala Performance at the Concert Hall

Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up ** Side view ** Back view

The Queen looks really elegant. The lace green dress is gorgeous

Margrethe can pull of a lot of stuff I usually don't like. For example I'm not mad about lace dresses, but a tall women like her looks fab in them. I really like this dress and together with the fur she looks definitely absolutely regal!

Queen Margrethe at her gala dinner this evening, January 15, wearing a wonderful dark blue velvet gown
- very majestic.

** Full view ** Side view 1 ** Side view 2 **

Velvet can easily look a bit cheap, but this one is another good example as to how the posture and personality of a woman can make such a dress look regal. I like it!

She looks so regal in the velvet dress with all of her magnificant jewels!
In photos the dress almost looks black but when the light hits it a certain way you can see that it's blue.

Margrethe has the carriage, height, personality and bearing to carry off a lot of styles that many can't. Given that, the midnight blue evening gown was dramatic and regal and gave her the air of a Renaissance queen. You can't ask for more than that!

Wow! Margrethe certainly knows how to nail the Gala Dress look. I am not a fan of lots of lace but I think she has just made a convert. The dress looks divine and only she would wear a totally green dress and finish it with the breathtaking Danish Emerald Parure and make it work! :cool:

Last edited:
Definitely a magnificent gown and the shade suites Queen Margrethe to perfection.

Yes she looks great.I love that color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom