The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 11:44 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Besides the weird headpiece, Sofia looked very nice. That dress fit was great, the pumps and clutch were a perfect match and her hairdo was nice. A classic and elegant look.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Besides the weird headpiece, Sofia looked very nice. That dress fit was great, the pumps and clutch were a perfect match and her hairdo was nice. A classic and elegant look.
At first glance the hairpiece looked off but it has grown on me. Overall great look for Princess Sofia.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:21 PM
Nobility

Neck down everything pretty and proper. The hair not so much, this coiffure does nothing for her face and the hairpiece I think is a little too much for the occasion.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Nobility

Classic and elegant look. I'm undecided about that hairpiece...its gigant and it seems to require different kind of setting/hairstyle. But overall great look by Sofia.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The hair piece is not pretty, but the dress looks great on her. She looks lovely in white.

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 02-20-2017, 02:32 PM
Commoner

She looks always good in simple well-fitting clothes, this one makes no exception. I think she just needs to courageously try new hairstyles and different kind of hairpieces and jewels. Very nice!
Old 02-20-2017, 02:58 PM
Majesty

Princess Sofia on banquet tonight!

I like her dress but not so much how put the tiara!

http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...l-700x1048.jpg
Old 02-20-2017, 03:48 PM
Commoner

Again beautiful simple gown, with nice little details. I just find that tiara very ugly, big and weird shaped, more like a crown, hopefully she doesn't wear it again anytime soon. But it's nice to see her wear the family jewels, hope she'll continue to try different tiaras. Overall I think she looked very beautiful today!
Old 02-20-2017, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia buys new gowns all the time. She could invest in classic gowns with good material and recycle them. This gown looks ok from the front
https://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/cf...0bda7b/680.jpg
But not from the back
http://media.shootitlive.com/UEmOJRa...expressen/2674

And her hair is a mess like so often.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The idea is good but execution very bad, too shiny material, as so often with Sofia, the dress is too long and badly fitted.
Hair as usual with unflattering middle parting and it looks like lots of extensions have been used.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Courtier

Daytime dress: Very nice, and I also like the hairpiece!

Evening gown: Blue is nice on her, but the tiara has a strange placement on her head, and the purple isn't great with navy blue. Not a disaster, but certainly not her best.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sofia buys new gowns all the time. She could invest in classic gowns with good material and recycle them. This gown looks ok from the front
https://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/cf...0bda7b/680.jpg
But not from the back
http://media.shootitlive.com/UEmOJRa...expressen/2674

And her hair is a mess like so often.
How unusual that you don't like what she's doing/wearing... :)

She hasn't been royal for that long. I'm sure she'll recycle dresses further along the line. If she doesn't recycle this one, I won't miss it, though.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I love this whole look on her. The tiara makes it, but not of course, if you are a traditionalist. I like a twist and I think her eyes look great with the navy/purple combo, so I think this is great.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:10 PM
Nobility

I think that lately she's been trying to over compensate some people's previous perception of her dressing in a gaudy way. Perhaps in time she will find a balance. Evidently she was not born with a natural elegance (most people weren't) but people can and do learn in time how to dress smartly, especially when they have monetary resources as she does now.
The correct positioning of a tiara is something she has yet to improve.
All in all, her outfit was ok.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:27 PM
Royal Highness

Welcome: white dress is elegant. Too bad about the hairpiece which seems better suited for an evening event or another hairstyle. The ornament might look better with more hair behind it.

Banquet: pretty blue. I'd prefer the front panel under the collar instead of over. I appreciate she wore another new-to-her tiara despite the awkward placement.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd like to see some better pics of the navy dress...my initial reaction is I really like it.

LaRae
Old 02-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

That tiara is difficult to wear. She needed the Swedish hairdressers help. The gown is ok
Agree that she has made an effort to be very covered up since her marriage, much more than her mil and sil
Old 02-20-2017, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the stones in the tiara...the setting is throwing me off or how she's wearing it..something about it I don't like.

I do think she has to deal with a big double standard when it comes to dressing (which is weird to me considering how 'progressive' Sweden is). If she'd worn a dress like Maddie has on people would be calling for her head.

LaRae
Old 02-20-2017, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Sofia looked fantastic during the day. The simple well tailored white dress looked great. The only miss was the awful headpiece. Reminds me of something cp Mary wore, didn't like in her either.

This evening mixed emotions. From the front it looked lovely. Again the simpler style suits her. I like the added detail at the collar and belt. The color is lovely.

But from the back it doesn't look good. It looks I'll tailored, and like I have seen before looks like she us walking on her hem.

I love the amathyst tiara but I don't like it on her. I think if positioned better and with a better hairdo it would suit her. The amathyst said suit her darker hair. Also not a fan of the amathyst with the navy blue dress.

But over all a pretty good day.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:57 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

This is a nice gown, I love the color on her and the embellishments around the neck is lovely. The downside of her look was her hairstyle with the tiara. Her hair should've been pulled up and her tiara to sit more forward on her head, it looks like it's slipping off the back.

Tags
princess sofia, princess sofia eveningwear, princess sofia style, princess sofia's daytime fashion, princess sofias hats