Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 4: March 2010 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
April 27, 2010 - Marie at the arrival of the Russian president and at the dinner

Dinner - in a long red dress which fitted well and teh color was anice choice for her, not sure what was going on with the hair, was it pulled back or open and pushed back? anyway, it did not look good with a tiara at all.

Arrival ** Close Up - This hat needs to be worn with hair up. The outfit is not bad but its not good.

She has to be a 'lady in red' - I think she looks stunning in red. :flowers: From what I can see I like the dress, though I'm not sure about its material.

Second outfit isn't my cup of tea at all. I agree, dazzling - that hat needs an updo.

I feel badly for Princess Marie. It's as though she's left to cope with protocol and personal styling on her own. And she's up against some stiff competition. For example, at the airport arrival yesterday, she was the only royal lady not wearing gloves. Catastrophic? No, but that combined with the bad hair, mismatched hat and outfit and, from what I can see, no coat (perhaps that is a short jacket), really makes her look out of place. Like she didn't get the memo or something. If I were she, I would be really frustrated at this point. Obviously, we don't know what advice or help she's been given, but it appears sometimes to be little or none. And she seems such a sweet and delightful person! :flowers:

I like this red dress that Marie wore last night - it isnt like some of her sleepwear gowns that she has worn recently., Buit she does favour the more slinky gowns rather than the traditional "full skirt" ballgowns

I have to agree with you, lumut, re the first pic of Pr. Marie. Also the color of the gown does nothing for her. It just washes her out... A shame that this an official portrait.

I like the red gown on Marie, though the design is too simple. Anyway, she seems to prefer this type of gowns and as long as she picks beautiful colours and nice materials, it's more than fine.

During the arrival she looked like a total mess, I'm afraid. Bad outfit, messy hair - thumbs down!

That arrival outfit has to be Marie's worst yet. The shiny material makes it look like a cheap knock off. Didn't Marie wear the red gown during the Queen's birthday celebrations? It's alright, but it still doesn't have the elegance of the other Royal woman's especially the Princesses.
It's a shame, Marie is a pretty woman and whoever is advising her on her wardrobe has horrible fashion sense.

I believe this is a different red dress. The other had some detailing on the straps. They seemed "pulled" together at the top of the strap. She looks great in red! Her arrival outfit really was a miss. The dress looked shiny and the hat....no.

That arrival outfit has to be Marie's worst yet. The shiny material makes it look like a cheap knock off. Didn't Marie wear the red gown during the Queen's birthday celebrations? It's alright, but it still doesn't have the elegance of the other Royal woman's especially the Princesses.
It's a shame, Marie is a pretty woman and whoever is advising her on her wardrobe has horrible fashion sense.

This is the birthday dress
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Gala
different material or shape.

The arrival outfit was horrible and boring. :ermm:

I don't like this suit either. There's definitely something off, apart from this horrible bag, I mean...

Well for starters, I would say that it is too tight? perhaps... I meant the skirt.

Is that what it is? Only Pr. Marie would be able to answer that, I fear.

My first look went on the material of the skirt. And then to the jacket. The whole outfit looks rather cheap, IMO. The shoes don't match with it and that bag is indeed ugly. This is 'thumbs down'. :ermm:

The outfit is just okay, it still isn't in line with what Marie could wear. It needs altering for a different fit and never mind the shoes and handbag, does she even check in a mirror at the total picture. I can't help but compare her to Mary and Marie usually looks like the poor cousin.:)

I don't know why she didn't wear grey shoes with this outfit. Any shade of grey would do. White shoes would be okay too to match her white top.

White shoes before Memorial Day! Horrors, shanaz. But at the very least, that would maybe be better than the ones she is wearing..

White shoes before Memorial Day! Horrors, shanaz. But at the very least, that would maybe better than the ones she is wearing..

Err yeah but... Memorial day only works for the States, I'm not even sure when that is :whistling:

But anyway, the other day stuck on traffic I was thinking about Marie's case. She is such a lovely lady, she always seems to be enjoying herself and having a lovely time with her husband and this hole business of being a princess that she almost makes me forget about the outfits.

It looks like she tries and tries, but she just keeps missing it, it doesn't seem like she has professional help or is she does it sucks! and she founds her self experimenting with outfits and at the same time trying not to look like Mary, but IMO , what works for the CP could actually work for Marie, because their frame is similar (not identical), Mary's skin is clearer( but it wasn't before) they both have simlar hair type, color, eye color and they are about the same age. In that visit to Paris we saw her pull out the parisian glam, and constantly we see elements of things that can work, but they end up not doing so and it's a shame.

We keep saying she is learning but she hasn't improved much and she has been a princess for what? almost two years. She does need a little bit of help, perhaps lend her another tiara punctualize this and that and she will be wonderful!!

White shoes before Memorial Day! Horrors, shanaz. But at the very least, that would maybe be better than the ones she is wearing..
Memorial day is a US-American holiday and is not celebrated in Europe. So there is no rule to avoid wearing white shoes or something like this.

We don't celebrate Memorial Day, however the shoes are nude not white. :)

Princess Marie's outfit Tivoli during the Russian Return Event
Billed-Bladet - Returarrangement i Tivoli

A nice outfit except for the shoes which don't match and the too dark bag.

Horrible outfit for a dinner. The shoes are quite nice.

The whole outfit for the return dinner is horrid - from top to toe, every single item she's wearing is badly made, badly matched, wrong for the occasion, and wrong for her.
I have no idea why she keeps wearing shades of grey all the time anyway; with her coloring she should actually avoid them.
She's been a Princess for two years now, so the 'she's still finding her way' argument is becoming pointless. She's making the choices, and her choices of wardrobe and styling for the whole Russian state visit were pretty awful.

May 9, 2010 - Marie on a tour in a well put together outfit. I like the jacket.

Full View ** Full View 2 ** Close Up

Later that day, the couple attended an award ceremony, Marie in a recycled black cocktail dress and a recycled black coat. She looked really nice, the dress does fit nicely.

Coat ** Dress

i liked the 1st outfit so much; the coat , the bag even her hair looks fresh and neat :) the best outfit so far

I think the events were on different days.
The black coat makes Marie look frumpy, it reminders me of Sargeant Pepper.

From what can be seen of the dress it looks lovely, although I have not seen a full length photo as yet.

The black coat & dress are both fantastic! She looked really good.
As to the first outfit, I liked the grey jacket and the bag (is it a genuine Hermes bag?). Her trousers looked awful IMO.

I like the first outfit, particularly the fact that she wears gloves. Not sure about the trousers and the necklace.

The black coat looks quite nice & elegant, but I dislike those shoes. :ermm:

I like the first outfit, particularly the fact that she wears gloves. Not sure about the trousers and the necklace.

The black coat looks quite nice & elegant, but I dislike those shoes. :ermm:
:previous:

Yeah I agree the coat is nice, not very springy but still, the matchy-matchiness of the shoes and the coat is plain baaaad choice, and I'm not so sure about the dress, I think it doesn't feet her right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom