Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 3: August 2009 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this dress is the longer version of the one Marie wore at the concert in honour of Prince Henrik on his birthday.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2010/PPE10010108.jpg

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2009/PPE09061051.jpg

That came to mind when I sew the dress.
I think is by the same designer but the fabrics seem to be different.
The long version looks like to be organza with chiffon where the shorter dress looks like just chiffon also the top part is different.

I think the new dress wouldve been nicer if it was more figure fitting and the gatherings on the bust wouldnt be so wide (reaching her top waist)

So it would be a dress from Malene Birger

While Marie looks lovely, the dress is a bit sugary, a little like a Barbie dress.

For me Marie is going down the sweet "The Princess Diaries" route too much. She almost looks like a Disney character in this outfit.

For me Marie is going down the sweet "The Princess Diaries" route too much. She almost looks like a Disney character in this outfit.

I have to agree. If she had worn long gloves she really could have passed for a look-alike of Disney's Cinderella. ;) I really love these soft colours on Marie and I think it's a lovely gown, but I also would prefer it a bit more figure accentuated.

Looked like a dress which was meant for her to wear when she was expecting. I like the shaded color and the white fur with it.

To me Princess Marie look she like was trying to hide her figure or is pregnant again. I would have like the gown more fitted, but the overall impression of the gown and white fur was very elegant.

I did not like Princess Maries's necklace with the rest of her jewelry and her purse would have looked better if it was a different color. The bag seemed to blend with her gown.

Princess Marie being new to the royal scene really has style sense. I can not wait to see her style mature like Princess Mary.:);):)

More photos from PPE Agency. Princess Marie is the snow princess!
Very pretty and elegant! This very pale pink color suits Princess Marie's personality and the material is similar to other dresses that she has worn!
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

I love the color :wub: Whole outfit is very fresh and delicate-as Princess Marie is. It suits her perfectly. But I don't like the jewelery an the hairstyle (last year it was better).

To me Princess Marie look she like was trying to hide her figure or is pregnant again.

That came to my mind, too. On the other hand, she's free to choose
as loose gown as she feels is comfortable for her.

Overall her appearance was pleasing, but I agree, there was a lot of the dress/her figure hidden. Marie is slightly limited as to what she can do with her hair with only having one tiara. i wish we could see what sort of straps her dress has

That came to my mind, too. On the other hand, she's free to choose
as loose gown as she feels is comfortable for her.

That's true. But, when one wears a gown styled in empire waist, it immediately sparks rumors about possible pregnancy. Add to the fact that Marie recently had her baby, and many a times, ladies get pregnant pretty close to their first child. Also, us royal watchers are always on the lookout for possible pregnancy of our royals. :)

I love the pink empire waist dress. She looks very feminine and comfortable. She actually wears this style very well, many people including myself can't wear this style. The tiara and the hair are lovely.

More photos from PPE Agency. Princess Marie is the snow princess!
Very pretty and elegant! This very pale pink color suits Princess Marie's personality and the material is similar to other dresses that she has worn!
I love pink and I love mink fur,so I like the pink dress and the white mink fur.She looks lovely but the hairstyle on her back,ruins the whole dress,because the long braid is not appropiate to wear with a long evening dress,imo:whistling:

Fresh, young and gorgeous! I'm sorry that the sash of the order of the Elephant is hiding the embroidery at the waist but I'm sure the dress will be recycled!

Princess Marie also has not received the family order (portrait of QMII surrounded by pearls and diamonds) as yet! My ultimate wish is that she should have worn her wedding earrings - I can't understand how she could not have worn those gorgeous diamonds for almost 2 years!! She has had plenty of opportunity to do so - what's she waiting for?

But other than that...she looks absolutely gorgeous!

She looks very pretty. I like this color on her and also the "one shoulder" part of the dress.

I'm not a fan of golden stuff on clothes, in this particular case I think it doesn't match her tiara, I would have liked a different combination of colours cause she looked really beautiful and the fit of the dress is wonderful

Beuatiful look from Marie, the dress was very pretty but it had too much going on.
The gathering in the front with the one shoulder and the gold work. The one shoulder was a winner, but the gold work was placed in teh wrong place IMO, maybe if it was on the shoulder starp wouldve looked nicer.
I love the hair, its fun, its young and its very elegent at the sametime, especially with the tiara.

Marie looks lovely and for once she is wearing a dress that doesnt look like lingerie. I agree though that there is too much going on, the bonbon colour of her dress is eyecatcher enough, no need for the massive goldwork and gold clutch what clashes with the silver tiara. No gold and silver clutch would have been sufficient for a stunning look.

Marie looks great I like the dress and colour.

I like the look - there are a lot of things combined together, but still she looks radiant. The dress is great, even with gold thing, the tiara nad haie are nice, the make-up is simple and elegant.
Well done!

Love this dress - Beautiful colour and she looks gorgeous.

The cut of the dress is very lovely. I also quite like the soft blue colour.
Imo the golden oraments are a bit too much and don't go quite well with the jewelry and the sash. I agree that there's just too much going on.
Apart from that it was a good look.

The dress fits her like a glove and the color is stunning on her. She looks absolutlely beautiful. I would love to see the dress without that darn sash (such a distraction). This is a great look for her, fashion forward and graceful. Marie's hair and makeup are wonderful as well. Well Done Marie!

Dont like the gold pattern on the centre of the dress as it is too much already with the one shoulder look but the colour and flow of the dress suit Marie
She really does favour these pastel colours

This gown is stunning! Overall, the gown, tiara and hairdo have an old Greece-style for me, which I like a lot. I agree about the golden pattern, though. It´s ok in the dress, but doesn´t look good at all with the silver tiara, IMO.

She looks absolutely radiant.:flowers: And I totally agree, the dress fits her like a glove.The golden embroidery is the only bad point.

She looked amazing to me. The dress suited her perfectly and the colour was beautiful with the gold detail and grecian style. The only small dislike it the silver tiara and the gold detail to me it clashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom