Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 3: August 2009 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this particular look is just wrong :nonono: And what is even more disappointing is the fact that she might never afford a personal stylist. The couple's financials don't seem to be great right now, so Marie has to try more :ermm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl
Princess Marie opened the Asian-Europe Classroom Network Conference today:
http://www.tvsyd.dk/kryds-og-tværs-p...limakonference
JV.dk - Nyheder fra Sønderborg - Nordborg - Augustenborg - Sydals - Broager og Gråsten

I love the jacket, the collar is modern and original, Marie is very elegant, her hairdo suits her very well also :)
progress.gif

I too thought the bangs looked stringy, and the back of the hairdo looked sloppy and unkept . Usually, I like P Marie's hairstyles, but not this time.

…which hairdo?
She looks as if she had just stepped out of the shower, having forgotten to shampoo her hair along the way, just squeezing it sloppyly into a rubberband.
The outfit itself is very drab, and neutral colors are the least flattering for Marie’s coloring anyway. Altogether not a very appropriate appearance:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9571/217550480500.jpg
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/918/prinsessemarieklimajs.jpghttp://img5.imageshack.us/img5/918/prinsessemarieklimajs.jpg

The jacket looks nice and fits her properly. I loved the earrings!
The rest of the outfit/look isn't that attractive, imo :ermm:

Oh no, the overall look seems quite untidy to me. :ermm: I hope for a better view on her outfit, but the hair doesn't look good... The only thing I find nice are the earrings.

I quite like the jacket, but agree that the hairdo looks rather odd :ermm:

…which hairdo?
She looks as if she had just stepped out of the shower, having forgotten to shampoo her hair along the way, just squeezing it sloppyly into a rubberband.
The outfit itself is very drab, and neutral colors are the least flattering for Marie’s coloring anyway. Altogether not a very appropriate appearance:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/918/prinsessemarieklimajs.jpg

what shower? her hair rather looks as if it hadn't seen water or shampoo in a week.
overall an unkempt look, i can see the point not to be drawn into a fashion competition with mary but no need to go to the other extreme and turn up to events with the look "i couldn't care less".

she really doesn't have a style IMO, she keeps trying things and they don't work. I don't think she will be given alot of official appts, which is maybe what she wants.

…which hairdo?

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/918/prinsessemarieklimajs.jpg
I could not agree more ... While Princess Marie's outfit per se fitted her well, the muddy brownish colours, which made Princess Marie look tired, and unkempt hairstyle spolit the look for me. She should have put more effort to make a perfect undone hairstyle.

I like the collar and fit of the jacket. I do wish that it had more color, but it is one of the nicer jackets I have seen her wear. The hair is just awful though. It looks very greasy and unkempt.

Nov 6, 2009 - P.Marie in a whitish/grey coat and black dress underneth and a hat.

Coat looks abit too big & long but overall the look cant go wrong, its safe but the hat should go.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Close Up

Nov 6, 2009 - P.Marie in a whitish/grey coat and black dress underneth and a hat.

Coat looks abit too big & long but overall the look cant go wrong, its safe but the hat should go.

If we did not all know that Mary was in Vietnam you would think it was her. In every way.:whistling:Coat, hat, hair and dress. 100% Mary

:previous:

I had absolutely the same feeling when I watched the pics - very Mary-ish outfit of Marie, especially the hat... ;)

I have to agree with the other posts a similar Mary look. Marie does look very elegant and I do like the hat.
It must be difficult to find your own niche, stylewise, when you are constantly compared to an elegant sister-in-law like Mary but she seems to be finding her way.

Something about the hat that destroys the look. Marie has very similar face to Mary so I think she should look good with hats.
Comparing to the other box hats that Mary wore - the white hat during one of the pre-wedding ceremony and the mauve hat - this one is not right.

I really like this outfit for Marie! It's very elegant and suits her well!

Does anyone have a clue about the designer??

Love the outfit - I think the hat comes down too far - Marie is so petite that it hides her eyes and makes it look like she is disappearing under it.

The hat is too large and unflattering on her. The coat must even be a few sizes too large - was it fitted on a woman six feet tall? - and its fabric looks cheap and stiff, as if it was cut out from cardboard.
In other words, I don't like this outfit on Marie at all. She's drowning in it, so it has the unfortunate effect of children playing 'dress up'.

i actually didn't think that was a mary outfit at all but all the contrary. it's safe, but i don't think the colour of the coat is the best for her, however, i'm quite keen on the hat and earring combination, just not with that coat. like boris, i also have the impression i hides her face too much and the combination with the coat hides her even more. it's a strange outfit in my opinion, but again it's quite a formal event where she can't use something very sophisticated but rather something classic. not my favourite, but appropriate. i'm looking forward to seeing the hat in another configuration.

She does look a lot like Mary in this picture. :whistling:

A brooch or necklace might have finished the outfit IMO Just would have given it something extra.

Mary and Marie look very much alike anyway, not only at this event. I agree that Marie is in a difficult position therefore she seems to have decided not to bother. The outfit is ok but incredibly bland and dull. The hat looks like an old lamp shade and I hate the dark tights. The coat is average, all in all very uninspired. But it suits the impression that I have of Marie whenever I see her out and about: royal duties and looking (re)presentable are a necessary evil that came with the marriage and cannot be avoided so miminum effort has to do. Unfortunately one has at least to show up at events in order to obtain taxpayers' money to lead a nice and privileged life, if this wasn't the case we wouldn't see much of housewife & mother & lady of the manor Princess Marie in public.

This is a nice and decent look. I wouldn't blame her for learning a few things from Mary. On the contrary, I consider it really smart. The hat doesn't flatter Marie's petite face, though.

This is the best Marie has looked in ages IMO.... whether the coat is too long or the hat too big this is a far more flattering look and far more appropiate for her position.

I like this coat. It needs to be a tad shorter, but it is elegant. Even though it looks like a lampshade, I do like the hat. It is cute on Marie, and I like the color. The only thing that I really don't care for is her use of bronzer on her skin. Her skin looks somewhat orange.

The hat, IMO is 3 sizes too big, and the coat is 2 sizes to big. Not a fan of the stockings either. Tan & Black safe fashion choices. Boring, IMO

Everything is nice except the coat, too big and too long for someone 'petite' like Marie. Lovely hat.

I like the coat - for me it fits her, and the color is nice as well...I didn't like the hat at the beginning as it seemed to look like a lamp shade... But from a distance it's quite acceptable. Don't mind the stockings and shoes at all ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom