The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

The black and both of them here are lovely and a far better choice than the ball which I am still trying hard to get over..

Old 03-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
The black and both of them here are lovely and a far better choice than the ball which I am still trying hard to get over..
I agree with you. The black outfit is very elegant.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Another look in black at a presentation and reception in Monaco today, March 28:

** With a coat ** Upper part/Side view ** Upper part **
Old 03-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Gorgeous! This neckline suits her really really well
This suit is very pretty, although for me a little boring. But much better than some things that I've seen. A colored or textured shirt under the suit would have been nice. Or even a really cool necklace. Her make up looked better, no so over done.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Another look in black at a presentation and reception in Monaco today, March 28:

** With a coat ** Upper part/Side view ** Upper part **
Another lovely and elegant look.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree. Some jewelry would be nice. But, she is lovely.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

A scarf, necklace or brooch would have broken up that unrelieved black.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks quite elegant though I agree with some of the others, some kind of jewel, scarf etc would have been nice. But Charlene has made monochrome her signature style as Princess.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
She looks quite elegant though I agree with some of the others, some kind of jewel, scarf etc would have been nice. But Charlene has made monochrome her signature style as Princess.
I agree with the monochrome style, it's a great observation although I prefer to see her in pastel colors.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 03-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Royal Highness

Yep, this is the Charlene I like. I just prefer to forget last week's ensemble.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Jewelry, pretty please.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danishla View Post
I agree with the monochrome style, it's a great observation although I prefer to see her in pastel colors.
I think monochrome in pastels or even strong colors would be lovely on her. When it's monochrome black, it definitely could use a shot of a color accessory, or at least jewelry!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I think you will just have to accept that Charlene is not a big fan of gilding the lily with lots of bling, which judgng from my nieces of a similar age is not unusual. When I asked them why they never wear any of the jewels they inherited or received as gifts they told me that such jewels were more for older ladies and that they rarely wear more than stud earings or a gold chain. Pearls were definitely considered "old lady" but for a really grand event they would wear small diamond earings at most.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Her suit is nice but it would be better with a necklace.

We saw she had beautiful jewels, and it is a shame she does not wear them.

I hope she will wear the 'ocean' one day, princess Grace wore tiares during some ceremonies since her death her daughters did not wear anymore tiares. It is a shame.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert and Charlene attend the Million Dollar Boxing Championships in Monte Carlo.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ivgodv.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/juzbpw.jpg
Old 03-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Who's wardrobe did she borrow this from?

It is way too big for her. And black? Why black? There is a whole palette of colour waiting for her - and she chooses black.

Or maybe that was all that was in the wardrobe of whoever she borrowed this from!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Depending on how close to the ring they were sitting and how bloody the fight was, black wouldnt show the blood.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

good thought but it is awful. I wore something similar in c1979. But if I was 32 now, I wouldn't

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

That coat is too big, too long and way too dowdy! That reminds me of my maxi coat I wore back in the '70s, but at least mine was fitted and had a cute faux-fur collar.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Who's wardrobe did she borrow this from?

It is way too big for her. And black? Why black? There is a whole palette of colour waiting for her - and she chooses black.

Or maybe that was all that was in the wardrobe of whoever she borrowed this from!
I share your thoughts here. This is one horrid look. I think the coat would have been lovely if it were fitted properly, and a bit shorter. A scarf of a nice, bright color would have been a great addition too. Like you, I'm wondering where exactly she obtained this particular 'creation'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
That coat is too big, too long and way too dowdy! That reminds me of my maxi coat I wore back in the '70s, but at least mine was fitted and had a cute faux-fur collar.
Again, completely agree (though I've never seen a maxi coat, but I'm sure yours looked lovely on you [it certainly sounds like it was a really nice piece]).

Closed Thread

Tags
charlene, monaco, monaco royal, princess charlene, princess charlene daytime fashion, princess charlene eveningwear, princess charlene fashion