Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful deep red; Charlene looks great when wearing colors.

WOW! I am coveting that coat. Looks like cashmere, or perhaps vicuna. A prime example of my daywear fashion philosophy --- let fine fabric be the main detail.

Lovely! And thank you, Kitty, for drawing attention to the cloth - it does look as you say. I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. And I agree - yes - 'let fabric be the main detail'!

The monochrome, though - in this instance - I would have lessened with maybe a white undergarment to relieve the red. That's me. But it looks like she is going for the monochrome - it means she does not grab attention with what she is wearing. As Chanel advised - we are noticing Charlene, the woman, and not the dress.

BTW I was watching 'The Fashion Police: SAG Awards' with Joan Rivers and a guy and 2 other women last night - and what fun! I thought, can there be a more frothy past time than fashion critique? Ha! ;)

Colour! :) :

Princess Charlene at an inauguration in Monaco today, February 1, not wearing her usual
black or beige, but red - a very nice change!

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Last edited:
Lovely color but the cut of the coat is quite boring & old IMO.

Wow See what colors does for Charlene. Magnificent!

I'm not a fan of these coats but I really like this color!

Great color, great woman :D

Yes this is a very good shade for Charlene. I also like her current way of styling her hair which suits these classic coats and tailored dresses.

I love that coat. The color is vibrant and lovely on Charlene.

Great color, great outfit. Better than beige.

I :heart2::heart2::heart2: the coats Charlene has been wearing. They are "retro" which is kewl, not "old fashioned" which is not kewl.

I like them whatever color they are in.

Last edited:
She looks great in red.She should wear it more often.

I love the color on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous red coat and all the coats are classic and beautifully tailored. Like her hair and gloves too.
Still would have liked a brooch.

I do have one bugaboo - usually to do with makeup. Generally I never have a complaint about Charlene - but the lipstick here - can someone comment on why lipstick these days is so shiny? My question may be surprising but I am soooo not into makeup - very much behind the times. What's the thinking about such shiny lipstick? She's a pretty woman - its not like it makes her look less so - but it for sure photographs awkward. :ermm:

Yay...Colour! The red outfit is really lovely on Princess Charlene...I agree a brooch or necklace would have looked really good.

Finally some color!
Now I hope she experiments with pinks and purples.

Princess Charlene visited the national council in Monaco today February 2, 2012,
wearing a female suit she's worn before on December 16 during a school visit

- back to black ;) but nice.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I am happy to see her so much.... I love the boots by the way !

She looks very nice...and I do love their wedding picture in the background.

I love the red coat. So elegant and vibrant.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dark red outfit is perfect - classy & elegant.

Not liking the boots of the second outfit, they look quite out of place for me.

I love these boots. And I really like this outfit!

The outfit seems to fit very well but ruined by a Mathilde & Maxima influence of over the knee boots.

A lovely, classic black suit. Hair pulled back into a very simple yet elegant style, which has almost become Princess Charlene's signature look. The deep bronze shaded boots make an interesting contrast to the outfit and they do work extremely well here. In a nutshell, Charlene is as chic and beautiful as ever. Prince Albert must be feeling very proud indeed.

Last edited:

(...)

Charlene is one of the few young women performing this role of Princess that is a consistent pleasure to watch. Whatever the truth, she appears as relaxed and without ego (as in 'look at me'). Her fashion sense - what appears to be her chosen style - is elegant, calming and 'grown-up'.

Last edited:
Great pictures of Princess Charlene and Prince Albert, she seems to be relaxing in the royal public role a bit more these days!

I think she is looking nice of late and I like her choice of designer in her last few appearances not all Chanel all the time she's doing well... and nothing ott.. I like the red and the black and well all of it.

Princess Charlene visited the national council in Monaco today February 2, 2012,
wearing a female suit she's worn before on December 16 during a school visit

- back to black ;) but nice.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I don't like this outfit . The black suit and brown boots don't go together at all. And I also think, that Charlene has to avoid black color, she looks tired and exhausted on the photos:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom