Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a very pretty top and it goes well with the white trousers. A nice day look. However, I felt the trousers were too long and spoilt the look somewhat. A simple necklace and earings would also have completed the outfit as her neck and shoulders do look very bare in the photograph.

Last edited:
I wonder how Charlene got those huge shoulders. People say it is from swimming but I have no idea how that could affect the width of your shoulders. I must say the top makes her head look abnormally small. Anyway, I think she looks great and even if she does have broad shoulders it is very rarely that she doesn't make it work. The color of the shirt goes very well with her skin tone. The only thing I would change is make the shirt longer down and make the pants tighter around her waist. I think she looks rather good.

I believe that it come from strong exercizing-swimming. Stephanie also has the same type of enomeous shoulders. Usually quite all swimmers gor broad shoulders.
This is the reason I hate when Charlene wears strapless tops, orizontal lines show ALL the width of her shoulders. In opposite, vertical lines make he upper body look smoother.

Although this isn't a favourite outfit for me, looking at the other female guests she appears to have got the dress code about right. The colours are very Riviera chic. Perhaps a long necklace or even a pashmina would have helped take the emphasis off those famous shoulders

I don't think it's flattering on her.

Her wardrobe seemed pretty in tune with other guests at the event. Seems to have been a relatively casual event.
Can someone please explain why women in particular seem to have such a problem with Charlenes shoulders/athletic physique. Her body looks great to me.

Can someone please explain why women in particular seem to have such a problem with Charlenes shoulders/athletic physique. Her body looks great to me.

There is no problem with the shoulders but there is no need to emphasize them, either. Strapless tops or dresses do exactly that, the outfit is reduced to ALL SHOULDERS, and the wide stripes emphazise even more.

There is no problem with the shoulders but there is no need to emphasize them, either. Strapless tops or dresses do exactly that, the outfit is reduced to ALL SHOULDERS, and the wide stripes emphazise even more.

Absolutely correct

Princess Charlene at an event in La Turbie, France, today, September 29, 2011, wearing a combination
of a recycled top, coat and pants in light colours. The highlight of her outfit is the buttonhole, without
it it may have looked boring, but this way it looks great altogether.

** Side view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I believe that it come from strong exercizing-swimming. Stephanie also has the same type of enomeous shoulders. Usually quite all swimmers gor broad shoulders.

Or it could be DNA. I don't think it's that big of a deal. She has a gr8 body.

The pants she wore with that strapless top look too big on her.

I would like the outfit if the jacket was shorter. The long jacket is dragging her down, even though she's tall. I like the shirt underneath quite a lot.

Im not a fan of strapless for royals at an official event or during the daytime. The top looks more evening look that daytime. She looks like she is going to trip over in those long pants which don't flatter her. Charlene does tend to do better at more official engagements than at normal official events IMO.
Agree that this outfit is nice but not for this event. She is wearing a much different type of outfit than the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like the outfit if the jacket was shorter. The long jacket is dragging her down, even though she's tall. I like the shirt underneath quite a lot.

I agree.
Charlene looks somehow exhausted, the hair is quite messy.

The grey coat and pants were a good colour on her but the coat was too long and the pants too flared liked the gold dress and the black nails.

I'm not sure how I feel about the dress. The color is good and the cut is nice, but there's something that bothers me about it. Her hair and makeup look nice.

Apart from the painted nails, everything is nice and Charlene looks gorgeous, but for some reason I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Watching Charlene develop in her role as princess, I wonder if her niche among the 'younger' generation might lie in her being the 'glamorous royal' -- for me, there is a modern elegance about Charlene but also (or perhaps it is the same) an understated glamor.

What color are her nails? Is that black or perhaps a dark blue? I have seen a lot of girls wearing nails like that and it always looks pretty too me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like her look and must say that the fringe really suits her, IMO.

I find the dress too shimmery, if that makes any sense. The way the light hits the dress makes too much reflection.

I'm not sure how I feel about the dress. The color is good and the cut is nice, but there's something that bothers me about it. Her hair and makeup look nice.

The whole look is gone wrong for Charlene. The dress, the make up and the hair looks like she was trying a bit too hard. The dress itself is pretty but the color with her make up does nothing to her. I really like her shoes.

I do love the bronze shade which really suits Charlene. Stunning shoes as well. However I am not certain about the actual dress. Although an Akris design, a very bad cut, not so well made and not a flattering design for her figure. Definitely not a good choice this time Charlene.

Last edited:
She had a very beautiful dress yesterday, I liked this dress and the shoes also. Here, I think that what Charlene could wear is always criticed here, you do not know anything about the mode, I do not know your age but I think you are all a little old fashion.

Mermaid1962 said:
I find the dress too shimmery, if that makes any sense. The way the light hits the dress makes too much reflection.

Agreed plus it is very wrinkled....which adds to the overall unflattering look on Charlene....

I don't like the pants but apart from that it's all great.
Long hair make her look younger.

I like her dress and strangely for one my age, her nails. I'll pass on the shoes though. I really love her new hair style. The fringe really softens her face and makes her look more delicate somehow. Quite lovely.

Nice dress and sandals for Charlene and the fringe makes her look very pretty!

Not a fan of the dress.I don't think it's flattering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom