Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 13: November 2015 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All Charlene's choices have been hits though on various levels. I was not a fan of her short hair at first bit it has grown on me. I have no problem with the colors she wears and think she wears them well and I like her habit of wearing big scarves...though I thought Monaco was one of those places that only has one season...hot.
In close up photos she does look to have a lot of wrinkles and seems close to suffering from what Stephanie and Caroline have.

:previous:Any woman who spends lots of time in the intense Mediterranean sun is eventually going to suffer the consequences. Contrast the complexions of Charlene, Stephanie and Caroline of Monaco with the flawless skin of their Royal counterparts in Northern Europe-Mathilde of Belgium, Stephanie and Claire of Luxembourg.

However, Princess Grace of Monaco spent roughly half of her life in the Med, and she retained her beautiful skin until her death in her early 50's. She was also a non-smoker unlike her daughters and Princess Charlene. So, I do believe that cigarettes are a key factor in the premature and rapidly aging complexions of Charlene, Caroline and Stephanie.:sad:

Whoever is tailoring Charlene's coats is a master. She has really been hitting it out of the park with her coats for years!

Lovely. But inappropriate for a visit to refugees camp. A simple pair of trousers with low profile shoes and a coat would fit better.

Judging from these pictures I'm not sure that Albert and Charlene actually toured the camp itself. It looks as though they were instead meeting members of the Monaco red cross who are working there in which case the men's suits and Charlene's clothes are fine.

Last edited:
I like the grey coat outfit although I'm not an enormous fan of wedge heeled boots. I like her hair at this event as well.

I'm less keen on the cream coat outfit - I'm one of the few people who doesn't like her never ending parade of neutrals.

Once, or actually twice more, Charlene looks amazing. I love the grey long cardigan, it looks perfect for watching the rugby and her black with white coat looks really flattering on her.

While I love Charlene in colour and I would dearly love to see more, (remember that beautiful pink chiffon silk she wore in the UK?), she knows how to really rock both pastels and deep shades, it does not diminish how well she wears neutrals or how flattering and elegant she looks in them.

A lovely selection of pictures of some of Charlene's outfits - I loved all of those apart from the National Day one - where she looked, to me, like she was about to whip out a paint palette and brush.

We'll have to disagree on the neutrals; I don't think she wears them well or that they flatter her, a lot of the time I think they make her look washed out.

:previous: That's what keeps this and all fashion threads so much fun. :flowers:

Oh, marg, that deep purple Ralph Lauren gown is my all time favourite look of P Charlene's. That outfit, to me, is just the epitome of elegance. Together with her flawless make up that look is simply her best!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I really admire Princess Charlene for having the guts to go really short with her hair.

It reminds me of what Alexandre de Paris did for Audrey Hepburn in the 1960s.

So many women in the public eye seem to be stuck in some sort of long-hair limbo, only being adventurous enough to go from dead-straight to so-called "Hollywood Waves".

So many have these long stiff curtains down each side of their face. It's amazing to watch how their hair doesn't move as they read the news etc.

In the past, long hair had "life" in it - moving and swinging and bouncing. That's what made it attractive and what drew attention.

I'm ready for more freedom and individuality to come into vogue. I'm really over with every age group doing the same thing.

Did you see the "Tinkerbell" updo is currently having a moment? (Like the "Disney" fairy - a fringe with a top knot. As "going out" hair - not cleaning the bathroom hair - though that is what it looked like on some of the older ladies who have tried it.)

I'm sure Charlene will change her hair again in due course, but I'm so glad to see some-one buck the herd mentality and do her own thing.

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, local "celebrities" such as newsreaders or presenters are the vanguard of the "hair" trends. We sit back and take bets on how much hairspray it takes to get their long hair as stiff as a board. But to be honest, "natural" curls and waves only work when one is inside and even then the big curls gradually fall out due to the sheer weight of the hair as we have seen on several royals.

Charlene's pixie look is really lovely and suits her very well and is the third or fourth version of short hair we have seen her style. As her hair grows out she tries different styles but with her soft, fine hair she needs a lot of time and product and for a mother of twins I don't think she cares to look disheveled at home and waste time on her hair before going out.

What she has is wash-and-wear and knock-their-socks-off! (Half her luck!)

Her hair looks good , no hair blowing in her eyes or pushing it out of the way . Easy and simple to take care of .

Just a wee bit too short, imho. She needs some softening effect. Granted I'm getting used to it, but I still preferred her hair before this drastic cut. (Even Audrey Hepburn's cut was a pixie look which was still soft and feminine.)

Just a wee bit too short, imho. She needs some softening effect. Granted I'm getting used to it, but I still preferred her hair before this drastic cut. (Even Audrey Hepburn's cut was a pixie look which was still soft and feminine.)

I agree it's just too short. The back doesn't suit the shape of her head hope she let's it grow a little soon.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It's true this haircut requires less time for styling, but because of its severity she wears strongly defined make-up much more than we've seen previously and this can't be a quick and simple procedure - so I don't think it's a particularly time saving look.

Good point, Elly C, and another reason I find her whole look to be less flattering. I much preferred her in softer makeup.

last saturday, I appréciate her look, her hair was less short,but short hair fits her very well

Last edited by a moderator:
Love her softer makeup! But, alas, her hair was still too short. Loved her sweater/coat outfit...

Perfectly appropriate for the occasion - personally, not keen on the high waist of the culottes.

In the first pic, am I seeing short shorts underneath the longer culottes?

Also, the makeup is not photographing well - warm in tone on top of face, and cool tone on the bottom.

Also, the makeup is not photographing well - warm in tone on top of face, and cool tone on the bottom.

She could wearing boy short underwear or it could be the lining of the culottes only comes to the thigh - you're right that there is something showing.

I didn't pay too much attention to the make up - I do think she looks tired.

She could wearing boy short underwear or it could be the lining of the culottes only comes to the thigh - you're right that there is something showing.

I didn't pay too much attention to the make up - I do think she looks tired.

A female friend of mine has silk culottes in a similar fashion as Charlene and told me (when I asked her about it) that she has some kind of petticoat shorts underneath because they stick to her legs if she doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I have mixed feelings about Charlene's latest outfit. Sometimes I like it, and sometimes I don't. I love her makeup here though, but she often has lovely makeup IMO.

Her clothes are elegant and beautiful like her.. I just wish she wore her engagement ring more!!haha

I just don't care for the culottes. The waist is too high and they are too short. Her fashion choices are always a bit edgy and this is no exception.

Nice outfit but her make up wasn't well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom