Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they going to have reception the day before the wedding? If yes, I wonder if Meghan will wear a dress similar to the one she wore on her official engagement photographs. That dress was stunning!

Are they going to have reception the day before the wedding? If yes, I wonder if Meghan will wear a dress similar to the one she wore on her official engagement photographs. That dress was stunning!

I loved that dress too - are there reception events the night before the wedding? Like a rehearsal dinner, etc?

Anyone know?

Would we get to see it if there was?

I loved that dress too - are there reception events the night before the wedding? Like a rehearsal dinner, etc?

Anyone know?

When the Cambridges married, HMQ held a gala event for the visiting royals at an hotel in London. Neither William or Catherine attended. Lots of photos available (lovely gowns, no tiaras)

I do not know of pre-wedding events being held when it is not a state/semi-state occasion.

I suspect the main parties involved are rather busy;)

Anyone know?

I hear there will be a rehearsal dinner but no details of who/when/where.

LaRae

I love her casual style and her Rachel Zane wardrobe on Suits.

Let’s see how she will develop her royal wardrobe. I’m looking forward to it!

You just wait, she will start to shine even more ;)
I bet she will be just stunning on her wedding day...I can hardly wait to watch the wedding <3

You just wait, she will start to shine even more ;)
I bet she will be just stunning on her wedding day...I can hardly wait to watch the wedding <3

Personally I can't wait until she starts to shine at all, she's been absolutely unimpressive so far, many more misses than hits imo. She's got it in her to shine, but so far meh.(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pigs must be flying. Daily Mail wrote a positive article about Meghan and her influence on the fashion trends:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...ce-Harrys-fianc-e-powerful-woman-fashion.html

Other mags have written about Meghan's style influence; it's just surprising DM jumped in. I don't know of any A list actress who had people clamor for the clothes they wear and have the site crash or the item sell out.

Pigs must be flying. Daily Mail wrote a positive article about Meghan and her influence on the fashion trends:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...ce-Harrys-fianc-e-powerful-woman-fashion.html

Other mags have written about Meghan's style influence; it's just surprising DM jumped in. I don't know of any A list actress who had people clamor for the clothes they wear and have the site crash or the item sell out.

I can't think of any actresses - Michelle Obama used to crash sites when she wore more accessible brands - but still it was rare.. with Meghan it happens a lot.

Weird - I can't believe this hasn't happened with any actresses, but I think you're right!

ITs happening because she is considered "royal" and soon will be - don't think its anything to do with being an actress.

I agree with cepe--Meghan being a former actress has nothing to do with most of the people being interested in or buying clothes or accessories she has worn and has everything to do with her soon to be new status.

:previous:
I also agree.

The same effect happens with Kate, and even with Charlotte. :flowers:

Yes, but what's unusual is that this is a pleasant article not a muck raking or sarcastic one about Meghan. However it's probably only momentary. They'll soon be back to normal.

I agree with cepe--Meghan being a former actress has nothing to do with most of the people being interested in or buying clothes or accessories she has worn and has everything to do with her soon to be new status.

Yeah - no one was implying that Meghan was selling out clothes because she was an actress. We were simply trying to see if ANY actress had ever had the kind of "sell out" capability that royals have had.

It seems the answer is no...

ITs happening because she is considered "royal" and soon will be - don't think its anything to do with being an actress.

Yes - we know this. That's not what we were speculating about. :ermm:

Of course Meghan is selling out places because of the almost royal status - we were just wondering (or I was) if any actress had ever commanded the same kind of following as a royal.

If she sold out clothes it's because of her name change to Princess Grace.

Two things that are different with Kate, Michelle and Meghan is that 1) blogs are dedicated to their fashion and 2) they often wear off the rack clothing, not just custom made, that is more accessible to actually purchase.
Years ago people did still emulate the style of women like Grace Kelly and especially Jackie Kennedy.

Last edited:
Correct. Previous generations of Royals used to wear unique pieces made by the royal tailor, or very expensive Haute Couture items. Chanel did not go sold out because Pcs Grace worn their clothes, as only a very small circle of women could afford. Same for the Kelly bag, of course it became better known because Princess of Monaco used to use it, and as rumours said to hide her pregnancy, but how many woman could afford Hermes? An already existing circle of rich ladies. But now when the Duchess of Cambridge wears a dress costing 300 euros, or even less, matter is more easily affordable and becomes sold out

Last edited:
^ Good points @fandesacs. Previously, royal fashion was simply inaccessible and unobtainable for 95% of women.

With Meghan and Kate that has changed. Having said that, I think there's something about Meghan's style that's so much more accessible than Kate's. Maybe it's because she wears classic, yet modern, minimalist pieces that are easy to replicate or even purchase. I never felt the urge to purchase anything that Kate wore really, with the odd exception here or there and then it was either too costly or not accessible, but with Meghan, I actually find myself following fashion blogs that document her looks. I particularly like her jewellery style and her handbags. She wears interesting pieces, not the usual (IMO) boring clutch or oversized, unsaturated Kiki's.

^ Good points @fandesacs. Previously, royal fashion was simply inaccessible and unobtainable for 95% of women.

With Meghan and Kate that has changed. Having said that, I think there's something about Meghan's style that's so much more accessible than Kate's. Maybe it's because she wears classic, yet modern, minimalist pieces that are easy to replicate or even purchase. I never felt the urge to purchase anything that Kate wore really, with the odd exception here or there and then it was either too costly or not accessible, but with Meghan, I actually find myself following fashion blogs that document her looks. I particularly like her jewellery style and her handbags. She wears interesting pieces, not the usual (IMO) boring clutch or oversized, unsaturated Kiki's.

I think Meghan's style is just more current and fresh? She's wearing pieces that reflect trends today, but her look is still classic. Kinda classic with an edge. And she has a distinct American modernism view to fashion as well that may be resonating with some. But even the trends she chooses to wear have a classic element to them at the same time without feeling necessarily dated?

That's how it feels to me.

I like the fresh way she combines pieces. She really illustrates how a minimal and capsule wardrobe could work when you just use neutrals and occasional shots of toned down color.

That green skirt, cream sweater and copper velvet heels look is one of my favorites. Sleek, architectural and modern, but classic at the same time.

That green skirt, cream sweater and copper velvet heels look is one of my favorites. Sleek, architectural and modern, but classic at the same time.

I LOVE that outfit. She's making me realise my deep-seated love for hunter green. :D And her use of copper-coloured shoes was genius. It really lifted the outfit.

I believe I once read that one of the secrets of dressing like a Frenchwoman is utilising a predominantly neutral wardrobe with pops of a few favoured colours and signature pieces to freshen up the look or change it to suit the occasion. It's the very basis for capsule dressing and Meghan does this oh so well.

@FashionMaven - Classic with a twist is correct.
I think the primary difference between the two women that lends to me preferring MM's style is that she understands the elements that make clothes classic - the cut, the line, the structure, the colour - and she incorporates these into her fashion even though she constantly changes what she wears - fitted trousers, tailored coats, sweaters, pencil skirts, wrap dresses etc. Kate, OTOH, has found a classic LOOK that suits vs classic elements, and just runs with that 90% of the time i.e., coats and dresses. :ermm:

Last edited:
Guess this will be one of the last entries to the Meghan Markle fashion thread...tomorrow she will be the Duchess of X.

Meghan is wearing a navy Roland Mouret dress this afternoon/evening. Not a fan of the hem...but the color and bodice part is great!

LaRae

https://rstyle.me/~athri

Yes, love the dress and the heels. She looks beautiful.

This looks lovely on her, although I agree that the hem is a bit much. (..)

The hem is my favorite part!! (..)

The dress looks lovely on Meghan. One of the best outfits I've seen on her. (..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom