The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 05:59 AM
Gentry

This is my favourite outfit of hers so far, even though the coat looks (again) a little too big for her. The coat has a lovely colour and cut, I like it a lot! The shoes are fine and the dress colour goes well with the coat, overall and elegant look. I'm not a fan of the hat because it's so flat and small that it reminds me of fascinators (and most of them are just silly looking).

Old 03-13-2018, 08:36 AM
Courtier

I agree with Minea 100% (but I do like fascinators even if not this hat!). Also I'm not crazy about her hair.
I'm beginning to realize that she is so very thin that everything looks big on her unless it's custom-fitted. In this specific outfit you see it on the sleeves. Her arms are so thin the sleeves don't fit right. I'm sure eventually she'll have all her clothes tailored and fitted to perfection.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:08 AM
Majesty

I'm not surprised that she might of lost a little weight considering the past couple months. I can imagine her schedule is packed dawn to dusk with meetings, wedding stuff etc.

To me the overall look yesterday looked even better after she left the service and her coat was open. The only thing I still don't care for is that beret.

LaRae
Old 03-13-2018, 09:49 AM
Serene Highness

Meghan has definitely lost weight. In the coverage of yesterday's events one show had clips of their engagement interview and it was clear that Meghan has dropped a few pounds. But it is expected with all that has been on her plate.

Meghan really can pull off the more chic style. I think after the wedding as she gets more comfortable and is tailored to the gawds, she will have a style pretty close to Letizia. It is already happening.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:52 AM
Majesty

Ugh I hope not. Not a super fan of Letizia's look.

LaRae
Old 03-13-2018, 11:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Such a chic outfit. I like the beret. I think a close fitted style of hat suits her petite frame. The colour is lovely and brightened up a wet and dreary London day.
That's an interesting thought about not choosing a hat that overwhelms her petite frame. Meghan is said to be 5' 7" but she seems more to me more like 5' 6". She is small-boned with thin arms and legs, a long neck, a short torso but she's got a very nicely proportioned and shapely figure. Even though her legs are rather thin, it actually looks good on her and she carries it rather well with everything she wears.

She has such a lovely heart-shaped face with a long chin. Her eyes are deep-set like Harry's although not the same shape or color. Her slightly broad, yet elongated and upturned nose is very distinctive in her face. I think she would look good in the right styled hat. Also fascinators if chosen wisely. Most likely her royal wardrobe is already being planned and pulled together for future trips overseas, and for ceremonial and public occasions.

Here's The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor's take on Meghan and other royal ladies' fashion choices for Commonwealth Day services:
http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/
Old 03-15-2018, 01:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Beautiful! Meghan looks polished to perfection here. Love the beret. Might that be her signature hat? Looks great on her. Very chic.

I am particularly entranced with the tailored look of that coat's collar, and am now hoping she does something similar with her wedding gown, something very sleek, tailored, with a stand-up collar, set off with a fabulous diamond-jeweled necklace and earrings.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:13 AM
Royal Highness

I just loooove her outfit, too! Great coat & hat! Suits her extremly well! Much better than the Philip Treacy hat after Christmas!
Bye Bine
Old 03-15-2018, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I just loooove her outfit, too! Great coat & hat! Suits her extremly well! Much better than the Philip Treacy hat after Christmas! Bye Bine
Yep! That hat was a bit unusual. She carried it off but it was not quite 'right'.

I see Meghan as having two 'misses' (if one can call them that because she really is capable of pulling most things off): first was the Christmas hat (though it for sure was iconic, a very vivid impression, so maybe not quite a miss), and second, the shoes and pant length for the Scotland event where it was wet and cold. I think the latter was just a mis-judgement of the weather conditions: she got caught out. I suspect she won't make the mistake again.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:39 AM
Courtier

Designer Jason Wu discusses how he met Meghan when she lived in Toronto and worked on Suits. Wu has dressed Meghan previously and he was quite happy to outfit her again for the Royal Foundation Forum several weeks ago. Wu also discusses his famous inaugural ballgown for Michelle Obama.
Jason Wu Reveals What It’s Really Like To Dress Meghan Markle

https://au.news.yahoo.com/the-daily-...meghan-markle/
Old 03-21-2018, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan’s Fashion Through the Years:
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/st...mpression=true

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-23-2018, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Here are some photos of Meghan's look today:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Full view without the coat **
Old 03-23-2018, 07:03 AM
Commoner

Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part One: November 2017 -

So spring-ish. I like. Is that the jumper from the engagement photos ?
Old 03-23-2018, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Green skirt with rustic red shoes? Meghan, you naughty naughty girl. I like it. I’ll be back when I have more time.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:18 AM
Majesty

She's flying the Irish flag today!

LaRae

Coat @Mackage
Skirt- @gretconstantine
Top - @victoriabeckham
Purse - charlottelizbth
Meghan’s shoes are actually @jimmychoo Romy 100 pumps

LOVE the shoe. Just saw pics of Meghan without the coat. I really do like this look. The skirt has a bit of flare and snap when she moves.

LaRae

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/977144752297607169

Love the movement of the skirt...and the sweet glance between them is nice to see.

LaRae
Old 03-23-2018, 07:20 AM
Royal Highness

Well, it's not pants this time and it's not black.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Just a comment about what someone has mentioned earlier regarding meghan’s Weight. I do think she’s dropped a few pounds as well. Perhaps like a lot of other brides, she wants to be in the best shape for her wedding, although in her case, I don’t think thinner is any better. But we’ve had reports that she runs miles in KP property regularly. It’s hard to tell since she’s been pretty thin for awhile now. I definitely noticed it in the Jason Wu dress, and it was just so obvious in the Amanda Wakeley coat, which is the only true I’ll fitted coat I’ve seen her in. I think that one is actually intended to be a closer fit as compared to the big loose coats she tends to wear. And loose fitting doesn’t necessarily mean ill fitting, that’s just another style.

Her weight fluctuates from time to time over the years, but I do think she is on the thinner side, if not the thinnest, she’s been.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I think the look is indeed Spring-like, and no black pants! I like it, especially the skirt and shoes, a tribute to Irish colours. Hope the weight loss, which I also have noticed, isn't due to stress, but just to a strict fitness regime. I wouldn't like to see Meghan much thinner though.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:08 AM
Nobility

No black, no pants, no loose hair this time.

The skirt is beautiful. Love her bag and shoes. The coat is too long to me but I still like her look.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Everything is unattractive to me. Shoes skirt coat shirt etc. This is one of the rare couples where the guy has better outfits.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Closed Thread