The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 04:26 PM
Royal Highness

I like the coat and really hate the hat.

Old 12-25-2017, 04:36 PM
Serene Highness

I really like her look today, really chic .

Old 12-25-2017, 05:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Agreed, I think the coat is fine. It's not super tailored but it doesn't need to be...it's a wrap coat. Lol
I think it looks good and I think the whole idea was to not be "the Belle of the Ball" so to speak. Perhaps by next Christmas she'll have her "Royal Family Christmas Walk" ensemble down pat!
Old 12-25-2017, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Thank for that pic. I was wondering what she wore underneath the coat. It looks like a burgundy dress. Is that the same dress she wore to the Invictus Opening Ceremony?
I don’t think so. This one is velvet.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Very nice outfit, very event appropriate. Her neutral tones are respectful, not taking away from other members. The hat was a good first step, many newbie hat wearers try pillbox or beret styles at first. Walking with William, Kate and Harry, you see how petite she is, a slimmed down style will suit her better, ie, no belt. The hair all over was my only minus, a nice low chignon would have been elegant.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Courtier

It must have been very hard to Meghan to choose something and I think she did so well. But I do wish she would have tied her hair up in some way.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudete View Post
It must have been very hard to Meghan to choose something and I think she did so well. But I do wish she would have tied her hair up in some way.
It’s true. She’s walking a fine line in this transition. She’s expected to wow, but wowing also causes criticism.

I did like her hair being swept to the side a bit as they were walking out and she’s watching the Queen leaving in the car.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Thank for that pic. I was wondering what she wore underneath the coat. It looks like a burgundy dress. Is that the same dress she wore to the Invictus Opening Ceremony?
No.The dress to invictus was a chiffron dress
Old 12-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Perfect outfit, she is so beautiful !
Old 12-25-2017, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thankyou! I’m so impressed by her. I wish her many happy years in our country and I hope she will feel at home.
The outfit REALLY looks better in motion. Curtsy starting at 2:30.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:42 PM
Courtier

Absolutely wonderful. Thankyou so much Jacqui for sharing this!
Old 12-25-2017, 07:52 PM
Courtier

The hat I hate it does look like a pudding and the handbag just looks odd. Like the coat but it's hard to go wrong when you wear neutral colours.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
No.The dress to invictus was a chiffron dress
Thanks. I couldn't remember and was too lazy to google pics of it.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Just an update, the Sentaler coat is on pre-order for all sizes as opposed to immediate shipping this morning. The estimated shipping date is March 2018. So basically, a 3 months waitlist.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Meghan seems to prefer wearing her hair down. I hope she styles it up for her wedding. She has appeared in promo videos for haircare products where they've styled her hair up. Most of the pictures I've ever seen of Meghan, she wears her hair loose. I'll post videos below showing her hair differently styled. Meghan has a flair for fashion and she doesn't seem to be afraid to stick with what suits her. I thought I'd posted here earlier a Meghan fashion advice video when she was working with Reitmans, in which she said (little knowing that she'd one day be part of the royal family): "Tone on tone is not just for the Queen." LOL

In the below video, Meghan talks about how she usually wears her hair down, but they give her a glamorous updo:

Another glamorous updo, very structured and shaped:
Old 12-25-2017, 09:54 PM
Aristocracy

I like her outfit and the hat. (..)
Old 12-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
I do think she played things relatively safe. She's not yet a royal and likely didn't want to take away from them. As it is, most pictures with them in a group seem focused on her.

I'm not mad at her for the outfit - I really like it but I love caramel tones. Plus she also put on a clinic on how to do minimalist tone on tone style today. Love it for that part alone.

Wish I could see the dress though.
I wish we could see what Meghan wore under the coat too. ETA: Actually someone did earlier post a glimpse of the dress underneath the coat: https://78.media.tumblr.com/546243ac...do6xo1_540.png
I wonder when or whether Meghan will have a lady-in-waiting to help with her wardrobe and on tours. Meghan's friend and stylist Jessica Mulroney is surely helping her right now. However, since Jessica is based in Canada, I'm sure other style and fashion industry experts will be working with Meghan. She is, of course, already ahead of the game with her own knowledge and experience with fashion and beauty.

I've seen a couple of posters mention they feel Meghan played it safe with her Christmas Day attire. I have to laugh though because there was all the unnecessary brouhaha over the engagement photo couture dress a few days ago when I suppose Meghan didn't "play it safe." And remember when her look at the Invictus Games was deemed too casual? As far as I've seen, IMO Meghan pretty much nails her look every time out. Check out the Reitmans fashion conversation video I posted previously in which Meghan expresses her view of fashion. She says, "Fashion should be fun!" And she advises to not be afraid to try something new or different as long as you feel comfortable and the look is right for you, your body, and for the occasion.

In that respect, I think Meghan has been fairly spot-on. As Meghan said in the fashion advice clip, "You have to go with your gut." Meghan will supplement her gut feelings with the advice she receives, especially re protocol and coordinating wardrobe looks with the other royal ladies, but then she hopefully will also continue to remain true to who she is and to what she likes. Meghan has said that she prefers wearing monochrome looks, and she doesn't normally wear a lot of color. She's kind of classic and laid back with an edge. I've seen her wear a number of coats before in white, cream and beige, so her Christmas Day look is probably comforting to her. I found it classic and stylish, especially with the detailing along the coat sleeves, and I think the hat is perfect. I'm not that enamored of the purse, but it works well with the outfit.

BTW, I'm not intending to dress you or anyone else down with my comments @FashionMaven. I always look forward to reading your thoughtful posts. You add so much to the conversation. Thanks.

Here are views of some of the similar light-colored coats Meghan has enjoyed wearing:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ac/88...819732fba1.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/98/45/74/9...rkle-style.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0uO5WBUkAEn5HB.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/a7/5c/37/a...midi-dress.jpg
https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress...han-markle.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f2/83...23f8129494.jpg
http://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_i...J3R-041017.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7d/1e/a7/7...han-markle.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/db/ee/0e/d...ts-outfits.jpg On the set of Suits
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1c/97...ab518ba197.jpg I absolutely love this coat and this look

Engagement photo call:
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Xg2y...ce_harry.0.jpg
Old 12-25-2017, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

When Megan was working for Reitmans, which I assume is a Canadian clothing store,the words that came out of her mouth about fashion, etc, were most likely written or suggested by someone at the store. Same with when she is working for wella hair products. She was being paid to represent a store or products. If I wanted to know what she really thought, I would try to read something by her, just a straight reporting job in a magazine or newspaper, not when she is being paid to represent something.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:23 PM
Courtier

How many tan coats does the woman own???
Old 12-25-2017, 11:55 PM
Administrator

If that is her favorite color...as many as her closet and wallet can take. But we must remember...she's an actress...so the ones she wore on the Suits were most likely not hers (unless they were given to her or she paid for them), Reitman's might have given her some, etc.

I think I have at least 30 pairs of black slacks.

Closed Thread