The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Majesty

i like the red, but those ruffles break the deal for me.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

Stephanie at the Luxembourg Pavilion of the 57th Biennial of Contemporary Art in Venice on May 12th. I like it.

http://www.tageblatt.lu/diashow/9817...ZodSeQbCHw.jpg
http://www.tageblatt.lu/diashow/9817...tAGhk1t7Cg.jpg

Old 05-12-2017, 05:29 PM
Commoner

This woman is lovely. Fresh, natural and soft. Sometimes her outfit looks good, sometimes it doesn't. But it doesn't matter because her light shines anyway.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Nobility

Another winner. Good color on her. Stephanie has really had her A game all week. I wish I could get a closer look at her hair. It looks lovely from what I can see. Her purse and shoes match; from what I can see of the design, it's really cute.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Majesty

The dress is cute, the hairstyle exquisite as almost always. But those shoes...I don't understand? Unless Stephanie is wearing them for comfort alone?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-12-2017, 06:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinosa View Post
This woman is lovely. Fresh, natural and soft. Sometimes her outfit looks good, sometimes it doesn't. But it doesn't matter because her light shines anyway.
I absolutely agree with this! Of the "married-ins", she is the most naturally lovely - beautiful face & hair, very nice figure. And, yes, she does have a light that shines through that I have really seen only with QEII, Princess Victoria, Maxima, Camilla, Sophie Wessex, and Mathilde. They all seem to be genuine. Stephanie is a gem, and you hit upon exactly why I like her so much

That green dress is gorgeous!
Old 05-12-2017, 07:14 PM
Majesty

I recently watched a youtube video of HGD Stephanie in Paris, speaking to a reporter for Paris Match who was interviewing her at a museum. The reporter was smaller than the HGD, who had to stoop slightly to make eye contact. The camera was on HRH from her left side, and Stephanie was speaking French in a sort of low, husky voice full of both confidence and warmth. Her husband stood quietly and proudly to the side...it just struck me that this young woman is really a prize, just exquisite. Her skin was was glowing and could be seen to full effect with her hair pulled back. In profile she just seemed so "old school" lovely. Not the type of modern movie screen beauty that takes ones' breath away like Charlotte Casiraghi, but a quiet loveliness that grows on you if you see her in action and pay close attention.

Which is why I become so frustrated that she doesn't play up her features and is occasionally careless with her appearance. In full bloom she is really very special.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Stephanie at the Luxembourg Pavilion of the 57th Biennial of Contemporary Art in Venice on May 12th. I like it.

beautiful green dress! i like this a lot on stephanie - a fresh and young outfit that matches the event nicely.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Besides her first gown in Norway, Stephanie has done great lately.

I love this dress. Beautiful late spring color. I also love the white coat

Her hair is beautifully done as usual and great accessories.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Majesty

The red dress is very beautiful and refined. She looked great.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Stephanie looks beautiful in the red dress and the green one as well. Love these looks.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenPenny View Post
I absolutely agree with this! Of the "married-ins", she is the most naturally lovely - beautiful face & hair, very nice figure. And, yes, she does have a light that shines through that I have really seen only with QEII, Princess Victoria, Maxima, Camilla, Sophie Wessex, and Mathilde. They all seem to be genuine. Stephanie is a gem, and you hit upon exactly why I like her so much

That green dress is gorgeous!
Agree on your choices, QueenPenny!

BTW Stephanie genuinely seemed delighted to have Catherine come visit.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the green dress! She's done well this week- bold colors, nice cuts.

I couldn't help but imagine how good she'd look in coat dresses similar to Kate's Emilia Wickstead when I saw them next to each other- I hope she explores that style/shape- I think it would be great on her.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Please no. We already have one thirty something year old dressing in clothes not out if places on Sophie Wessex. If Kate chooses to dress in that style at her age great, it's at least appropriate. But no need for others to follow suit. She has shown when her clothes are tailored properly, they are appropriate and some quite fashionable. I love she experiments in colors, prints, accessories while still quite modest and appropriate. Doesn't need a new style, simply a tailor.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post

I love the green dress as Stephanie is one of the few that can get away with wearing green without the green obliterating the style and fit.

Her white coat is lovely and her handbag and matching shoes are fun accessories. But her hair is what crowns her 'look', no pun intended. It finishes both the red and green dresses with an elegance missing in Catherine. Needless to say, her lovely serene smile and the way she seems just so comfortable in her own skin is priceless.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:34 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The red dress - I dont care for the ruffles but she pulled it off well. The color is such a great shade on her IMO and the hairdo was a winner.

Venice look - Beautiful green dress!
Old 05-13-2017, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

I liked the red and green dress she looked nice.

She doesn't need any help dressing older than she is she does that all on her own.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Please no. We already have one thirty something year old dressing in clothes not out if places on Sophie Wessex. If Kate chooses to dress in that style at her age great, it's at least appropriate. But no need for others to follow suit. She has shown when her clothes are tailored properly, they are appropriate and some quite fashionable. I love she experiments in colors, prints, accessories while still quite modest and appropriate. Doesn't need a new style, simply a tailor.
there's a 2 year difference between Stephanie and Kate. It's not that big of a deal.

I generally like Stephanie's style. It's not always things I would wear, but that's true of all the women.

The red dress she wore was just wonderful. A good style for her.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I like seeing Kate and Stephanie together. They're close in age and probably have an easier interaction with each other since they're almost the same age. Great to see them together.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
there's a 2 year difference between Stephanie and Kate. It's not that big of a deal.

I generally like Stephanie's style. It's not always things I would wear, but that's true of all the women.

The red dress she wore was just wonderful. A good style for her.
Yes, two years especially at their age is no big deal.

Stephanie is Kate's contemporary age wise. And the difference in dress is even more evident. Kate tends to dress more like sophie Wessex is her contemporary. Sadly there are pieces in her wardrobe Camilla wouldn't look too young in.

That's Kate's fashion choice fine. But certainly no need to wish her style on Stephanie. When her clothes are tailored, she dresses fresh and age appropriate while still appropriate. Kate doesn't need to be a fashion role model.

I'd actually love if Kate took a page from her. Hair styles. Great accessories. Kate tends to rely on jewelry, we never see her experiment with accessories.

Closed Thread