Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 3: June - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw a closeup and Stephanie's makeup was perfect...just flawless. The only other time it has looked so beautiful was at her own wedding last year.;)

And she has a complexion that glows!

The color of the outfit is so lovely, and Stephanie wears it quite well. However, the style of the dress and hat is something else entirely. Not the best choice, even if the color is spot on.

The big problem with Stephanie's dress is that it is sliding off her left shoulder. The jacket part of the dress has slidden, and the underdress has also drooped so that it's longer than the other side. She needs to attach the jacket with a pin if necessary. I used to have this trouble with one shoulder lower than the other and always had to pin one side. The other option would be to tailor the dress and jacket so they would fit closer on the left side and not slide. I am surprised no one else noticed this, as I think the dress would have looked 50% better if this droop problem had been solved.
I like the crazy hat just because it's jolly and festive--certainly nothing to be taken seriously, and from their expressions (the family's) I gather that they were having a whale of a good time. Probably had been feasting and festing the night before and too tired to pin a dress so it fit just right. No matter--they had a wonderful time!

Mint color perfect.

As always Tessy looks simple and unstudied and perfect. Is she naturally so perfect or does she just have good clothes sense?

Last edited:
Poor Stephanie. She really needs to hire a competent stylist and a team of tailors.

I actually like this dress. The colour is lovely on her, the lace coat is pretty, as is the flowing skirt. With a few fit adjustments (nipping in the waist, fixing the wonky shoulder, and adding a few inches to the hem) this could be so much prettier. The bag and shoes are nice, and the hat is okay, although I think she could have done better.

Her makeup is stunning and her smile is her best accessory, as usual.

I said this on another thread; Stephanie's jacket/dress looks like something my grandmother would have worn to clean house in. The color, however is very becoming. The hat is just way over the top for my taste, but, again, I like the color and the way it coordinates with the other pieces. Her other accessories are lovely - and her hair and make up are wonderful. She looks very happy and radiant and still in love with her Prince, so that's what really matters.

I think its a dress and coat. The top of the jacket (and maybe the rest of it) is not lined and therefore flops. Ive seen pix with both sides doing that. It has lace, buttons, loops, gathers and semi-frilled sleeves. All in one outfit.

And IMO the colour doesn't work - she looks great in stronger colours.

The big problem with Stephanie's dress is that it is sliding off her left shoulder. The jacket part of the dress has slidden, and the underdress has also drooped so that it's longer than the other side. She needs to attach the jacket with a pin if necessary. I used to have this trouble with one shoulder lower than the other and always had to pin one side. The other option would be to tailor the dress and jacket so they would fit closer on the left side and not slide. I am surprised no one else noticed this, as I think the dress would have looked 50% better if this droop problem had been solved.

As always Tessy looks simple and unstudied and perfect. Is she naturally so perfect or does she just have good clothes sense?

I noticed that one side of the Stephanie's hem is a lot longer than the other. I was wondering if she missed a button on the coat/jacket when she buttoned it. Something is definitely amiss.

As for Tessy, she is what Princess Margaret used to call a "clothes hanger." Tessy has a trim figure, a well proportioned body and good legs. In other words, someone whose figure is such that clothes fit easily. (Princess Margaret said this about the Duchess of Kent.)

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...nd-princess-stephanie-of-news-photo/181429520

They seem to be enjoying themselves. For some reason I like Stephanie's hat - it's fun and the border around it goes with her colouring. Lace seems very popular currently and esp. for a wedding. The fit depends on which picture we're looking at. Perhaps changes in posture can account for some of this dysymetry. I wonder how different Stephanie might appear to us in person rather than in the still photos.

Lindy, it is possible that Stephanie did not button the jacket to the top and that therefore it slid. And Cepe, if a jacket tends to slide because it's unlined, then it must be pinned or attached in some way to the dress so it will not slide in either direction.

The jacket may have been just too big. (...)
but she looks radiant, and again I say the crazy hat is charming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh. One step forward and two steps back. This outfit is dreadful- frumpy and fussy and far too old for her.

She needs clean lines, good tailoring and she needs to stop wearing pastels- they wash her out. Her coloring is so fair that they don't flatter her at all.

She needs some good, strong colors.

Prince Guillaume Of Luxembourg And Princess Stephanie Of

No redeeming feature for me. The hat is too big (mind you, I think that would apply to anyone mad enough to wear it. Looks like a giant version of one of DoC's hats); the lace is aging; the colour washes her out and the actual style of outfit does nothing to enhance her shape.

Someone help her cos she is lovely!!

I like that colour, but it's too much of it. A simple blouse or a skirt in that colour would be enough, not the entire outfit. Also it looks too big on her and it makes her look big as well. The hat is simply ugly.
Sorry, but Stephanie so rarely gets it right for her figure and face.

Look on the bright side when she is 50 she will be dressing appropriately as a middle aged matron.

Poor Stephanie . . .

I think she looks lovely and the outfit is appropriate and pretty for a wedding. I really dislike criticism of the way a person is dressed. People have different tastes in clothes and I don't think anyone should criticize the way a person dresses. It's rude.

Besides, Stephanie looks radiant and happy and so does her husband. They look great together and seem to be enjoying themselves. Nothing else matters as far as I'm concerned.

Prince Guillaume Of Luxembourg And Princess Stephanie Of

They seem to be enjoying themselves. For some reason I like Stephanie's hat - it's fun and the border around it goes with her colouring. Lace seems very popular currently and esp. for a wedding. The fit depends on which picture we're looking at. Perhaps changes in posture can account for some of this dysymetry. I wonder how different Stephanie might appear to us in person rather than in the still photos.

Beautiful photo! The dress looks quite lovely and well fitted here. Except for that hat, :eek:she looks lovely. And she and Guillaume are so perfect together, imo!

I actually LOVE her hat, but the dress suffers a lot from a poor fit.

Stephanie & Guillaume make such a lovely couple, they as a team transcend many of the fashion faux pas.

Stephanie & Guillaume make such a lovely couple, they as a team transcend many of the fashion faux pas.

I agree, such a nice comment you made:flowers: People are carrying on like she arrived nude LOL:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I agree. Give me a young and charming couple who obviously love another any day over a professional clotheshorse, apathetic team of a Royal couple.

Yuck.

what a dopey outfit, yes it does remind me of a housecoat. Sure, a good tailor could help, but it's a fussy, too much of one color and texture outfit. It's not her or her tailoring as much as the actual clothes she chooses.

She has chosen some quite lovely clothes. Her National Day outfits last summer in particular were perfect.

The problem is that she is not consistent. She needs both a stylist and a tailor, imo.

I think she looks lovely and the outfit is appropriate and pretty for a wedding. I really dislike criticism of the way a person is dressed. People have different tastes in clothes and I don't think anyone should criticize the way a person dresses. It's rude.

Besides, Stephanie looks radiant and happy and so does her husband. They look great together and seem to be enjoying themselves. Nothing else matters as far as I'm concerned.

So why do we have those threads then? To praise what the person wears only? I thought this was the place to express ones opinion about what the certain person the thread is dedicated to wears, whether we like what it was or not? Why always if we don't like sth the person wears it's called criticism? It's simply stating our opinion, one way or the other. It's not like we are going public with it, making rude comments. We simply say we do not like what certain person wears in a place dedicated to such activity. That's rude?

I agree they look happy, but this thread is not about if they are / look happy or not, this thread is dedicated to fashion of Stephanie, nothing else.

So why do we have those threads then? To praise what the person wears only? I thought this was the place to express ones opinion about what the certain person the thread is dedicated to wears, whether we like what it was or not? Why always if we don't like sth the person wears it's called criticism? It's simply stating our opinion, one way or the other. It's not like we are going public with it, making rude comments. We simply say we do not like what certain person wears in a place dedicated to such activity. That's rude?

I agree they look happy, but this thread is not about if they are / look happy or not, this thread is dedicated to fashion of Stephanie, nothing else.

Yup, plus the comments here do tend to acknowledge Stephanie's good looks and pretty smile and poise. Usually criticism is confined very specifically to the clothes and to how they don't do her justice.

There are many ways to communicate one's opinion without being rude and crass. To discuss something is not the same as ripping someone apart. Being diplomatic and polite is after all not that difficult. And if there is no polite way to communicate the opinion it should most likely not be communicated at all.

Its a fashion thread. What exactly were you expecting t find?

I agree, this is a fashion thread after all. Some posters do get personal and cruel but I must say it rarely happens here at TRF and when it does thank goodness the mods step in.

Stephanie is one of my favorite Royal women. I think she seems warm, cultured, intelligent...the perfect wife for Guillaume. But I'd be fibbing if I said I admire her wardrobe-except for her bridal gown which was one of the most beautiful Royal wedding dresses I have ever seen.

As another poster pointed out, it's all in the way you say things.

Another disaster from Stephanie. Everything in this outfit is wrong. Is it so difficult to find clothes that have a good fit? Almost always Stephanie looks frumpy because her clothes don't fit well. Yesterday's outfit was once again a good example of that. This outfit doesn't suit her at all, the colour is girly but the outfit is made for a 50 year old. And that hat is just not good.
Stephanie's outfit is from Stéphanie Le Grelle.
Wort.lu - The dress guide to the royal wedding

I am a little bit disappointed because she looked so absolutely fabulous at the civil wedding ceremony....
The red dress looked very pretty and sophisticated, I also enjoyed her hairdo & the accessoires she chose.
Now-The pale lace dress....I believe it it is not doing her justice, she is such a lovely woman and I do not understand why the maker of the dress did not find it necessary to create something that would make her look elegant and beautiful. The colour is good and I do like the shoes and clutch she has added to her outfit, but the design of the dress does not look flattering in the pictures...
But again,on a positive side: Who cares what she wears as long as she is so happy and radiating so much joy?
I think she always looks charming and beautiful even when I do not like her outfit choice...
Stéphanie always wears a beautiful smile and a lovely attitude, that´s the most important thing:)

Last edited:
Another disaster from Stephanie. Everything in this outfit is wrong. Is it so difficult to find clothes that have a good fit? Almost always Stephanie looks frumpy because her clothes don't fit well. Yesterday's outfit was once again a good example of that. This outfit doesn't suit her at all, the colour is girly but the outfit is made for a 50 year old. And that hat is just not good.
Stephanie's outfit is from Stéphanie Le Grelle.
Wort.lu - The dress guide to the royal wedding

Exaggerating is also a job... Is it so difficult to accept that Stéphanie likely likes to dress in a casual chic way and not in a glamourous way?
I guess I'd better refrain from this topic because the criticism irritates me; I rather praise her for wearing what she wants to wear.

I don't think her outfit was a "disaster" at all and in fact was rather pretty. It was the hat that ruined everything, imo.

Exaggerating is also a job... Is it so difficult to accept that Stéphanie likely likes to dress in a casual chic way and not in a glamourous way?
I guess I'd better refrain from this topic because the criticism irritates me; I rather praise her for wearing what she wants to wear.

If she actually was chic it would not be a problem, but she was neither casual nor chic at the wedding. No one expects her ever to be glamorous as it is quite apparent she does not have that in her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom