Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 3: June - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Stephanie looks better than Kate. Kate is close to Stephanie's age (a year older) and she wears skirts too short, like a teenager. Never mind that Kate has lovely legs. They do not need to be shown off in this way. Some of the other British royals also wear undignified skirt lengths from time to time (or all the time, except for the Queen!) Sophie of Wessex wears skirts too short, but when she went on tour to some conservative countries, she wore skirts at knee length, and she looked 100% better.
People might say I just have an old fashioned view on this. Yes, when I was young, no royal would ever be caught with skirts several inches above her knees, at occasions, such as military parades, where she is representing the Queen.
So for Stephanie to copy Kate's style would be coming down a few pegs.
Stephanie has a smashing full figure, and a plain but warm-colored brown dress just brings it out. She is gorgeous. And not old. But remember, she is nearly thirty.
Not a teenager.

Who said she should look like Catherine or any other royal lady? I don't think we have to denigrate the other ladies to pump up Stephanie. It does not strengthen arguments in favor of Stephanie to put others down. Stephanie can stand on her own merits good and bad.

I think most of those criticize Stephanie's style want the to look her very best. I don't think she always achieves her best self. She keep modest style and still dress well.

Last edited:
dbarn, Kate is not the only royal who wears skirts too short. Even Stephanie did it a few times when she first became engaged. Mathilde has done it. Beatrice and Eugenie do it consistently. Who else? Well, lots! So I wasn't picking only on Kate. Someone had said that Stephanie could emulate Kate, and I thought that would be a poor idea. To go back to skirts that are too short would be a mistake. But perhaps I am "out of my century," lol.

dbarn, Kate is not the only royal who wears skirts too short. Even Stephanie did it a few times when she first became engaged. Mathilde has done it. Beatrice and Eugenie do it consistently. Who else? Well, lots! So I wasn't picking only on Kate. Someone had said that Stephanie could emulate Kate, and I thought that would be a poor idea. To go back to skirts that are too short would be a mistake. But perhaps I am "out of my century," lol.

:flowers: Okay I get what you're what you're saying.

I have absolutely no doubt that Stephanie will find a professional style that works with her figure and be age appropriate. It'll take some years but she'll get there eventually. The more she "works" the more she refine what works. MT is in the forefront so there's years for Stephanie to find her footing fashionwise.

I think Stephanie looks better than Kate. Kate is close to Stephanie's age (a year older) and she wears skirts too short, like a teenager. Never mind that Kate has lovely legs. They do not need to be shown off in this way. Some of the other British royals also wear undignified skirt lengths from time to time (or all the time, except for the Queen!) Sophie of Wessex wears skirts too short, but when she went on tour to some conservative countries, she wore skirts at knee length, and she looked 100% better.
People might say I just have an old fashioned view on this. Yes, when I was young, no royal would ever be caught with skirts several inches above her knees, at occasions, such as military parades, where she is representing the Queen.
Stephanie has a smashing full figure, and a plain but warm-colored brown dress just brings it out. She is gorgeous. And not old. But remember, she is nearly thirty.
Not a teenager.

I think a skirt several inches above the knee can look classy, and from what I've seen from Catherine, along with Sophie, it certainly does. Plus, if that length was an issue, Her Majesty would have spoken up, and the length would have gone down, if you will. Stephanie would look lovely in a skirt/dress a little above the knee. However, perhaps she was told to dress more conservatively, but more likely, she just feels more comfortable in the more conservative style. That doesn't mean she can't, or shouldn't experiment with something a little less dowdy. She has a lovely figure, and modernizing her wardrobe doesn't mean she has to go trashy.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Not a teenager.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I find it a little baffling that someone would think that Stephanie has a better sense of style than Kate. Just because someone wears a hemline at or below the knee shouldn't equate to being better dressed.

As with all other fashion threads, please do not compare one royal to another. Stick to individual whose thread this is - Stephanie of Luxembourg. If you wish to discuss the Duchess of Cambridge's fashion sense, please do so in her own thread.

Last edited:
I agree dbarn67. I actually like the color of the dress but it's simply not very flattering to her figure, like so many other of her clothing choices.:sad:

On the positive side, she looks radiant. Her face and especially her hairstyle remind me of the way it looked on her wedding day.:flowers:

The color, length, and vibrancy of the dress are great! The fit is not...

However, she has a lil belly showing in this dress, so I expect the speculation to ramp up!

The dress is by Issa and a repeat from earlier this year.

Stephanie looking extraordinarily pretty with a gorgeous updo with Guillaume and Henri and Maria Teresa at Sportsgala tonight.

Henri and Maria Teresa weren't at the sports gala. There were two different engagements today, a reception for soldiers and policemen who took part in the KFOR and ISAF missions that was attended by all the four members of the family and the sports gala attended by Guillaume and Stéphanie.

Very pretty and graceful style of frock - I love the sea-green colour.
Very nice altogether :)

What an ugly dress! Maybe somebody with dark coloring could wear this color. It reminds me of the 80's. If she's pregnant, then ok, otherwise it makes her look pregnant.

Stephanie looks just fine, her updo is lovely. Overall, a nice presentation.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using The Royals Community mobile app

The color, length, and vibrancy of the dress are great! The fit is not...

However, she has a lil belly showing in this dress, so I expect the speculation to ramp up!

There has been speculation that Stephanie is pregnant since she returned from her honeymoon just over a year ago. My guess is that she simply has a thick waist.:cool:

I am almost certain she wore that same dark green dress during her pre-wedding photo session with Guillaume at Anvaing. Only she did not wear a belt with it on that particular occasion.

Yes, Moonmaiden, Stephanie has a slightly thick waist. A few other royals ladies have somewhat thick waists and get "speculation". I love her updo hair. She looks well in green, most particularly that greek off-the-shoulder gown she wore to an evening party, I forget which one. She should ALWAYS wear that style for evening, as it is spectacular on her figure. And it would be a dandy style for pregnancy when she gets to that stage. But of course sometimes it's too cold for off-the-shoulder wear.

I have given up complaining about high heels. Her shoes look great. But I wonder how the feet hold up? All I can think of is the shoes are very expensive and made my engineers who know how to make them work for normal feet. When I was very young, I wore "toe shoes" to dance, and I finally got so proficient on toe shoes that I could run on them, but only if they had steel arches inserted in them. I ran all the way around a basketball court at a basketball game, in my senior year at high school. It's hard to believe it, as I could not rise on my toes the next year when I first became ill with porphyria, which was undiagnosed and mysterious, just as it has been for the royals who had it.

Hi Mariel, is the Greek gown you are talking about the one she wore to the Gala for for the Coronation in the Netherlands? I think that was navy blue. She did wear a pale shade of apple green Grecian gown at the wedding dinner for Guillaume's cousin Archduke Christoph and his bride Adelaide.

Took another look at photos, and I can't help but love that hair style, and that lovely smile she has. I find the green dress to be a beautiful color for Stephanie.

Stephanie looking extraordinarily pretty with a gorgeous updo with Guillaume and Henri and Maria Teresa at Sportsgala tonight.

Again, she looks very pretty. The dress is not bad but it hits her in the most unflattering portion of her body. I'm also not sure I like that green on Stephanie; it's a bit harsh.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/14aves0.jpg

http://oi42.tinypic.com/xgmxs5.jpg

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2dljazd.jpg

http://oi42.tinypic.com/24pihp3.jpg

This is such a nice dress and a lovely colour on her. This is the shades she should be wearing instead of pastel and light colours which wash her out. Her hair style looks really good.

:previous: I agree jewel colours seem to suit her but to be honest, I am not sure this particular shade is her best. However, I love her simple and very elegant updo and drop earrings. The perfect finishing touch.

Took another look at photos, and I can't help but love that hair style, and that lovely smile she has. I find the green dress to be a beautiful color for Stephanie.

I completely agree.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using The Royals Community mobile app

This is one of my favourite dresses of her. She looks fantastic

Moonmaiden, you are probably right that the grecian dress I adored was actually navy blue. I have a slight colorblindness in telling green from blue, if the shades are subtle.
I think I remember that pale green grecian dress for the later wedding gala you speak of.
Not quite the same in configuration to the navy blue one.

I'm in agreement with Moonmaiden23 and dbarn67 on how the top half of Stephanie's dress isn't particularly flattering. On the other hand, the colour is lovely and I like her hairstyle.

I'm in agreement with Moonmaiden23 and dbarn67 on how the top half of Stephanie's dress isn't particularly flattering. On the other hand, the colour is lovely and I like her hairstyle.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Color - check; hairstyle - check; style of dress - meh. But you're getting there, love. :flowers:

It isn't all tat bad! I know she is wearing "the scarf" again.! But, I will say... It's a beautiful scarf in my opinion.

I still love Stephanie. She beautiful, sweet and quite the lady.

Sheiks getting there. I think she is still getting her feet wet.

Oh, no...not the ugly scarf. It covers up everything, and because it's so bright, it happens to be most prominent. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom