Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 2: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really loving this suit and the color until I saw the gray band. That bothers me more than the long sleeves which I don't think look too bad.

Last edited:
I don't think the sleeves are too long. In overall, I like this outfit and she looks good. I love her nude pumps.

Cry me a river another stupid scarf to spoil an otherwise very nice outfit ... the grey is okay very sutble very suitable and then the scarf......

I agree,the grey suit was subtle & elegant, appropriate for the event,but the scarf was a little bit mis-placed,it would look nicer if she took a shorter scarf or tie it around her neck more closely like in this picture (just as example how it could look like, I found this image with google): http://www.nelou.com/artikel-804117/Dreieckstuch-Petit-Voile-green-flower-von-Variété-van-Kroen

The orange suit was very refreshing and looked fashionable and chic, I like this style and colour!
HGD Stéphanie´s little bag looked cute too and matches her outfit very well.

Last edited:
Finally she looks presentable in the coral colored suit. Didn't see her shoes though.
The grey suit was fine but didn't fit and the scarf looked ridiculous. It would have to be MUCH smaller to look ok. And her hair was really unacceptable.
Lets hope she keeps up this good trend now.

I think the people in the palace feel the same as the majority on here. WE like her; she looks (and maybe is) vulnerable and no one wants to upset her. Sop they let her out looking not so good.

How long does she get? Is it a junior royalty so it doesn't matter?

She is still representing that country and apart from 2 outfits it hasn't worked.

I want it to work but, good grief, nothing is 100%. And dont tell me its too soon cos the posters on here were coming after new CPs and Catherine well within 6 months.

The turquoise suit: LOVE it!

The grey suit: Erm, I've got my nitpicks, but overall for how it looks on her, YAY!

(Note to Steph:

Would you like us to come relieve you of your security blankets ---- OOOOoops! Scarf collection??? We'd be MORE than happy to!)

Coral Suit:

Overall, YAY!

Again, I've got my nitpicks, here, too, but I won't even BOTHER to go there, seeing as how she seems to be making pretty reasonable improvement, gradually.

I'll take what I can GET on the positives!

Keep it UP, Steph!

I'm another one who doesn't get the issue with the sleeves. I think she looks great!

I was really loving this suit and the color until I saw the gray band. That bothers me more than the long sleeves which I don't think look too bad.

This gray band was what did it in for me too. The color and style of the suit are lovely, and look great on Stephanie, however. Wish there was a way to get rid of that gray monstrosity.

I like the grey band. It gives the suit interest rather than unrelieved peach. It takes the suit to youthful rather than staid.

OMG she looks so good here. See what no stupid carf as true color and clothes that fit properly can do for Stephanie? This is all I ask to see consistantly. She should wear dresses and skirts more than pants.

She looks young, hip and fantastic!

http://i39.tinypic.com/33f3uqc.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2q1c6fb.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/66dtoh.jpg

Love this suit! Not sure about the gray band at the bottom though. Stephanie looks great! Can't wait to see more outfits.

Its a nice colored suit and I do actually like the colored hem on the skirt.

I agree,the grey suit was subtle & elegant, appropriate for the event,but the scarf was a little bit mis-placed,it would look nicer if she took a shorter scarf or tie it around her neck more closely like in this picture (just as example how it could look like, I found this image with google): Schals | Variété van Kroen | Dreieckstuch Petit Voile green flower | nelou | best of independent style

The orange suit was very refreshing and looked fashionable and chic, I like this style and colour!
HGD Stéphanie´s little bag looked cute too and matches her outfit very well.
The following link is the blog devoted to the art of scarf knots.

MaiTai's Picture Book

The lady has turned a scarf/shawl into a very stylish element of her ensembles. It would be fair to say that ladies could learn some things from the blog.

Along with the navy blue ensemble she wore to the Octave in April, this soft peach/gray is her best suit look yet. I love her accessories and I am thrilled she ditched the scarves!

If she could find a flattering hairstyle and learn how to use cosmetics effectively, she'd be on her way. :)

Along with the navy blue ensemble she wore to the Octave in April, this soft peach/gray is her best suit look yet. I love her accessories and I am thrilled she ditched the scarves!

If she could find a flattering hairstyle and learn how to use cosmetics effectively, she'd be on her way. :)

Yeah, I really like this peach suit!

I loved her yellow dress and white jacket combo at one of the national day events! Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it! I'm sure it will come up soon enough, though. She looked lovely.

Stephanie looking quite lovely at Luxembourg National Day

http://i43.tinypic.com/bfl5dl.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/vopyrs.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/ml3u3k.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/34s30pk.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/308fpj6.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/8yu7a8.jpg

She wore a longer line jacket over her wide-legged pants for last night's events. The jacket works
with those pants that are normally not flattering on her figure. She looks okay...not great but she taking baby steps toward understanding her figure. I'm very pleased by the last 3 outfits she's worn.

http://i41.tinypic.com/mcr7dt.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2du9s81.jpg

Last edited:
Love her French braid, so elegant a style, and how fresh and lovely she looks in that outfit. The matching tie Guillame is wearing is such a nice touch, too. Stephanie looks especially lovely in this picture.

Unfortunately, I'm not too enthralled by her evening look. She's back to her bulky, wide-legged pants again and I don't care for the jacket/tunic combination with those slacks, or the color.

Last edited:
The outfit she wore for the evening event looks terrible. The jacket and pants don't fit properly.

She looked really good for the daytime events though. The yellow and white outfit is lovely. I even liked her hair in the French braid. I think this is the best she has looked since her wedding. Hopefully she continues to dress more like this and stays away from her usual attire.

Daytime:

SHE'S STILL IMPROVING! YAY!

Nighttime:

Oh, well. STILL not as wretched as it COULD have been, though.

She's improving.

And GOOD FOR HER!!!!!!

OBVIOUSLY, she's getting help/advice from SOMEWHERE.

The yellow dress and white coat work very well and she wore it well. The big difference of the looks as the french braid which looks really good on her. Her overall does look better when she puts some time into her hair IMO.

Although the HGD is rather indistinct in the pictures above, i think she looks well, in the blue, and her hat looks good.

She looked stunning at Esch-sur-Alzette in that yellow/white ensemble and her hair and makeup were flawless. :ROFLMAO:

The pale blue at the Te Deum was nice, but the hat almost ruins the whole thing, too old for Stephanie.

The less said about those flared beige pants the better. It's starting to become truly annoying. Serious, I can't believe that she doesn't realize how hideous they are. And that includes the strange, long blazers. MAKE IT STOP :bang:

Last edited:
Stephanie looking quite lovely at Luxembourg National Day
http://i43.tinypic.com/bfl5dl.jpg

I agree, she looked very pretty & natural, a simple and understated look with lovely details like her French braid and the matching colour of her husband´s tie. This outfit looks is very much Stéphanie (feminine,minimalistic,classy & comfortable), she seems to enjoy herself and I am happy that she has chosen such an elegant style :flowers:

Last edited:
I think the people in the palace feel the same as the majority on here. WE like her; she looks (and maybe is) vulnerable and no one wants to upset her. Sop they let her out looking not so good.

How long does she get? Is it a junior royalty so it doesn't matter?

She is still representing that country and apart from 2 outfits it hasn't worked.

I want it to work but, good grief, nothing is 100%. And dont tell me its too soon cos the posters on here were coming after new CPs and Catherine well within 6 months.

Kate and Mary have a natural instinct for clothes and fashion. Stephanie apparently doesn't. :sad: She might turn out like CP Mathilde, who was a bit of a hot mess in the early years of her marriage and didn't hit her stride until she was about 40, but who is now one of Europe's most elegant Royal women.

It's a plus when a princess dresses well and wears pretty clothes, but it's not the whole story(or it shouldn't be imo) Stephanie seems intelligent, charming and kind, and willing to work hard. If the worst that can be said about her is that she dresses badly the Lux are pretty lucky.

Anyway I have loved way more than two outfits that she has worn. I think she looked perfect at the Octave in April, I love her Diane von Furstenberg wrap dresses and a peach silk dress she wore several months ago, and she totally nailed it at Princess Madeleine's wedding a couple of weeks ago.

I think she is slowly improving-thank goodness.

Last edited:
That´s true & from a feminist viewpoint we should applaud her for her education,intellect and her level-headedness! She seems like a modern-thinking woman who prefers more conservative,laid-back clothing. Except for a few fashion faux-pas I do not think that she dresses horribly,but she is not a fashionista and prefers comfortable over cutting-edge.
Personally I do not mind if she does not care so much about clothes,she looks appropriate at public events and always puts on a nice smile while she choses understated designs that are more business-like and demure.
CP Mary and Duchess Catherine enjoy dressing up,experimenting with their style and they look fantastic most of the time, but HGD Stéphanie is more interested in other topics and we should respect that everyone has a different personality and interests.

Last edited:
I actually agree with cepe in a way. We are living in a media driven age where unfortunately looks triumph over substance.

But my problem with Stephanie is that she is not getting the basics...good tailoring and the ability to accessorize, skillful makeup and hair...these are the things that can turn a frump into a knockout.

Outfits like that gorgeous yellow/white she wore at Esch yesterday are what she should have worn on that semi-official visit to France last week. The French notice these things and do not have patience with badly dressed women, especially when they are young and lovely and have access to the best assistance money can buy like Stephanie does. There is simply no excuse for those beige pants and she wears them WAY too much. Someone should just be cruel to be kind and tell her how ugly and unflattering they are.

Maybe Stephanie set herself up for a fall when she appeared on her wedding day looking like a vision. She was just soo beautiful that day. There was no where to go from there but down.

I actually agree with cepe in a way. We are living in a media driven age where unfortunately looks triumph over substance.

But my problem with Stephanie is that she is not getting the basics...good tailoring and the ability to accessorize, skillful makeup and hair...these are the things that can turn a frump into a knockout.

Outfits like that gorgeous yellow/white she wore at Esch yesterday are what she should have worn on that semi-official visit to France last week. The French notice these things and do not have patience with badly dressed women, especially when they are young and lovely and have access to the best assistance money can buy like Stephanie does. There is simply no excuse for those beige pants and she wears them WAY too much. Someone should just be cruel to be kind and tell her how ugly and unflattering they are.

Maybe Stephanie set herself up for a fall when she appeared on her wedding day looking like a vision. She was just soo beautiful that day. There was no where to go from there but down.

Here is an hative judgement about french people. There are people who cares about how women are dressed. There are people who don't and who won't focus on fashion nor have an opinion based only on clothes and make up. HGD Stephanie strikes me as someone who does not want to be fashion dependant and I praise her for this as I don't myself value preference for appearence over inner qualities.

Here is an hative judgement about french people. There are people who cares about how women are dressed. There are people who don't and who won't focus on fashion nor have an opinion based only on clothes and make up. HGD Stephanie strikes me as someone who does not want to be fashion dependant and I praise her for this as I don't myself value preference for appearence over inner qualities.

Whether Stephanie focuses on fashion is not the issue. She married into a role that makes her fashion choices part of her job as HGD. She married into a public role. Folks keep saying she's intelligent. IMO an intelligent person understands the fact that she going to be under scutiny on all aspects of behavior, especially how she presents herself sartorialy. It would be smart for Stephanie to find a simple style that doesn't need to be exciting but doesn't lead people to criticize her too harshly. That really what Kate has done IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom