Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 2: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why is she wearing the same trousers nearly every time?

Its as if she is trying to follow Letitia's pared-down approach but without the fit (or flair, sadly).

I agree about those trousers of Stephanie. I wish her maid or laundress would simply burn them. They are her apparently her favored item of clothing as well as her least flattering. :bang:

I don't agree that Letizia wears pants with either fit or flair. She is simply too thin and looks like a boy when she wears them, usually paired with a dull blouse or cardigan and ugly platforms to make herself appear taller.

Yeah she should of left that scarf at home this time.

LaRae

That color red IS pretty on her.

And from what I can see/make out, her jeans fit her well.

The scarf.

Oh, well.

Y'can't have everything, I suppose, and this IS Stephanie.

And just an observation . . .

Went back and looked at the pic just now. From what I can tell, it seems as though the jacket's buttoned (as usual) underneath the pretty much omnipresent scarf. To me, it looks a bit strained in the waist/underneath arm area, as usual.

I'm kind of starting to wonder if EVERY jacket in her closet is/was fitted/tailored THAT snugly all the time. Or if she's just put on a few pounds out of happiness since she's been married?

Or . . .

I think the close(er) fitting clothes are a result of newly-wed contentment. Everyone forgets that this woman is not like the HGD-equivalent women. Fortunately, she is allowed to be herself (which means wearing what she likes, not concerned so much about how she looks as to what she is doing). That is commendable in a "look at me, I'm special" world.

I think the close(er) fitting clothes are a result of newly-wed contentment. Everyone forgets that this woman is not like the HGD-equivalent women. Fortunately, she is allowed to be herself (which means wearing what she likes, not concerned so much about how she looks as to what she is doing). That is commendable in a "look at me, I'm special" world.

Newly-wed contentment?

Sure!

Sounds plausible and reasonable, to me.

Most of us've been there, done that at some point, perhaps.

And Lord knows, every picture you see of Steph and G, he looks happy as a hog in mud having her as the one he's with!

And SHE doesn't look like she's running to find any exits trying to get away from HIM, either!

Last edited:
Thanks for the full-length, scarf-less pic, julliette!

Love the red color on Steph, love the shoes, like the jeans.

The jacket?

No.

Looks too snug to me, as usual, and probably would've worked better if it were at least a size or two bigger and well-tailored. Unbuttoned? Nope. This time, I don't think that would've worked real well for her, based on the amount of chest I see that's exposed while it's closed. And the sleeves on the jacket? Usually, they're too long. On THIS jacket, they're too SHORT, I think.

She has SUCH a sweet face and smile, though!

Last edited:
Stephanie didn't wear the scarf when presenting the medals. Here is a complete version of the outfit with no scarf
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3948/490000811118077134ae7d5.jpg

HGD Stepanie looks very nice in casual clothes & to please her TRF-fans she has chosen trousers that are not wide and flowy but modern and feminine :D She probably took the scarf because it was cold or windy,but without the scarf her outfit looks better & the red colour looks good on her too.

I want to like her a lot on a personal level. She needs some help with her clothes, but help that MIL does not provide. A lot of her evening clothes are way too old and alot of this type of clothes needs a bit of help. I dont think it's a good look, though, at one's wedding celebration for the bride and the future MIL to wear a dress so nearly identical. She needs to find her own comfortable place. But I think they look very happy.

Its good to see her in color but I wish she went for nude or black shoes instead of red. I don't mind the scarf, it matches the outfit.
Her hair seems slightly darker, a better shade on her IMO. Doesn't give her that pale look.

Gosh it really is a tremedously awful outfit ... IMO it does nothing for her and I am getting casual presently metals at sport event not a tiara occasion but this is nightmare stuff I try to see the best in all her gear but it is really going from bad to worse and this is only IMO of course Stephanie needs serious help and .... FAST.

Seeing her outfit without the scarf, I'm gonna say that the scarf wasn't a bad choice.
But why is she wearing jeans???!!

She was probably wearing jeans because it was a sport event and she was dressing casually just like every other princess would have done in her position,sport events are not requiring formal dresses!
What we know about Stéphanie is that she is very intellectual and does not have so much interest in fashion- that´s why I am happy as long as she wears something that is well-tailored,appropriate and does not have a screaming colour.
I do not expect her to dress like CP Mary or other Princesses who are more interested in fashion. What I would suggest to her is to get some shift dresses of a good material + a few well-tailored suits- that would make a good base for an effortlessly elegant style that only needs to be finished with nice accessoires!

Last edited:
She looks o.k. the event is casual so the jeans are fine. The jacket could be a size bigger .

She was probably wearing jeans because it was a sport event and she was dressing casually just like every other princess would have done in her position,sport events are not requiring formal dresses!
What we know about Stéphanie is that she is very intellectual and does not have so much interest in fashion- that´s why I am happy as long as she wears something that is well-tailored,appropriate and does not have a screaming colour.
I do not expect her to dress like CP Mary or other Princesses who are more interested in fashion. What I would suggest to her is to get some shift dresses of a good material + a few well-tailored suits- that would make a good base for an effortlessly elegant style that only needs to be finished with nice accessoires!

intellect and interest in fashion are not mutally exclusive. :flowers:

intellect and interest in fashion are not mutally exclusive. :flowers:
Very true, and intellect would suggest to me that one should know when ones clothes do not fit properly or are in need of being pressed.

Oh come on. Lets give her a break. She's wearing jeans and a blazer. Nothing very different from what I would normally see most women of that age wearing on the street on a casual outing.

I'm sure she has other attributes that we can discuss.

Oh come on. Lets give her a break. She's wearing jeans and a blazer. Nothing very different from what I would normally see most women of that age wearing on the street on a casual outing.

I'm sure she has other attributes that we can discuss.

Agreed! I love Stephanie! I think she is a laid back/down to earth gal who is in love with her prince and just has a bit of an issue in terms if styling. It will come in time. Jeans and blazers are not the end of the world if you ask me, and she is not the worst dressed royal lady out there. She just needs a bit of assistance and she doesn't seem to be getting it right now.

I'm sure she has other attributes that we can discuss.[/QUOTE]

Of course she has, but this is a fashion thread. We all have said that we think she is a lovely young woman, who is learning the ropes etc etc. She has, in fact, been cut an enormous amount of slack by some fashionistas on this forum who are less forgiving of everyone else. All that has been said is that the jacket doesn't seem to fit. And wearing jeans was questioned but has been explained.

What has me really confused is that she is struggling more in terms of fashion now, with presumably more resources, that she did before she got married.

Given the obvious weight loss before she got married - the death of her mother and the stress of the wedding it is no wonder - some clothes now do not seem to fit as she returns to her normal level. Has she not got a budget? Is that the issue? She needs a tailor to fix some of the problems.

Now I can see why she put on the scarf. The top is pretty low-cut, imo. Not a great look. Ugly scarf.

The jeans aren't too bad of a fit, but the jacket needs to be a little larger, and needs to be a couple of inches longer. In the picture without the scarf, the length of the jacket makes her bottom look large. I don't think it is, but it appears that way in that picture to me. Not too keen on the blouse/shirt or the scarf either, but so happy that she's not wearing those wide-legged pants!

Of course she has, but this is a fashion thread. We all have said that we think she is a lovely young woman, who is learning the ropes etc etc. She has, in fact, been cut an enormous amount of slack by some fashionistas on this forum who are less forgiving of everyone else. All that has been said is that the jacket doesn't seem to fit. And wearing jeans was questioned but has been explained.

What has me really confused is that she is struggling more in terms of fashion now, with presumably more resources, that she did before she got married.

Given the obvious weight loss before she got married - the death of her mother and the stress of the wedding it is no wonder - some clothes now do not seem to fit as she returns to her normal level. Has she not got a budget? Is that the issue? She needs a tailor to fix some of the problems.

I don't think it has anything to do with budget. She simply has no idea what looks good on her and what doesn't . She probably wears what she likes and thinks looks good on her. I'm also guessing this is how she has always dressed and doesn't see the need to change.

You are right. Of course she is a nice young lady who is in love with her prince and who knows or is very quickly learning her roles and duties. She has a beautiful smile and I've seen her smiling on most occasions. But fashion is completely different matter. All the outfits I've seen her worn before or in her wedding ceremonies where very beautiful and suited her well , but none of the new ones impress me, maybe Maria Theresa should give her some advice.

Is the dress red or orange. It's a very nice color on Stephanie. And I'm loving the pink on MT!!

Not a winner IMO I like the colour on her but why the scawl?? A jacket would be better it gives the outfit a sloppy look rather than pulled together IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom