Gowns fit for a Royal: July 2005 - July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for those pictures, princessvalondra. I love Pucci prints!

Giorgio Armarni's new collection is great! Lots nice prints and fabric, I hope we see some of them on the royals. Quite a few of them look perfect for Charlotte to make an impression in.

the couture gowns make such a huge statement. I see them on the red carpet though, instead of on royals.

Some very pretty dresses from the Luca Luca S/S 2006 RTW collection. I thought of CP Victoria when I saw these. They'd be perfect for someone her age and suit the sort of feminine yet sophisticated look she seems to be into these days. The colours are familiar too. (Style.com)

Last edited:
Luca Luca S/S 2006 RTW - continued (Style.com)

Mary - pastels seem to be her thing

Queen Rania

Martha-Louise - the second dress would also look great on Victoria

Last edited:
Luca Luca S/S 2006 RTW - continued (Style.com)

Mette-Marit

Thanks for all the pcitures, Hillary_nugent and Humera. There were some great colours at Milan Fashion Week, it can get a bit bland when you're constantly seeing beige/white gowns.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Luca Luca S/S 2006 RTW (Style.com)
I see a resemblance here. This dress is from Elie Saab's Fall 2004 collection (First View)

I wonder if designers copy each other or draw inspiration, to put it better. I'm not just referring to these two dresses.

Last edited:
:D Since this is the "fashionistas" area and I love it, can any of you tell me if the Best dressed list has made it to the internet and where can be found?

Pretty please and a strawberry on top;)

":D Since this is the "fashionistas" area and I love it, can any of you tell me if the Best dressed list has made it to the internet and where can be found?"

Which best dressed list are you refering to?

the international best dressed list, not the one from the American magazine People, Mr. Blackwell's list. I remember a few years ago that HOLA/HELLO used to have an issue dedicated to it, but long time no see.

Thanks a lot, but that's not the one. The list from people magazine is very celebrity-american oriented. The list that I'm looking for is made (actually there are 2 lists) by Mr Blackwell and Hola/Hello has or had another made by the readers. The one from Mr. Blackwell is the one that Im looking for. And let me tell you the last spread that I saw on Hello (it was so long ago that P Diana was in it) was spectacular they had the most beautiful pix you've seen, they had every well dressed woman, usually aristocrats or moneyed ladies. They would dedicated and entire page per lady. It was beautiful, so hoping you can help me.

thanks a lot thou;)

The Dress would look great on Letizia - Akris

Letizia3.jpg

On Mary - Alberta Ferretti

Mary_albertta.jpg

A chic skirt for Charlotte - Alberta Ferretti

Charlotte_alberta.jpg

This dress would look perfect on SOMEONE! I just can't think of who...:D - Alberta Ferretti

Alberta.jpg

The colour of this dress would look fab on Mette-Marit, IF she's daring enough to come out with a dress this colour. Other wise it would also look great on Charlotte - Alessandro Dell'Aqua

Mette_Alessandro.jpg

This dress would look so cute on Charlotte! - BCBGMax Azria

Charlotte_BCBG.jpg

I thought this dress was so much fun, if only the colours weren't so...droopy! IT would suit Maxima I think...-As Four

Maxima_as4.jpg

All these dresses are from Badgley Mischka Spring 2006

This dress would look great on any royal...IF its appropriate to have such a low neckline...:D They can't go wrong with black though!

Badgley.jpg

I like short dresses like this on Letizia. It looks so good on her, and she has stunning legs so she should show them off! I love the beading in this dress!

Letizia_Badgley.jpg

I believe Mathilde will look angelic in this!

Mathilda_Badgley.jpg

Mary looks good in royal blue..(remember that Prada royal blue dress Mary had on for one of the Vogue photos???) and the details at the top looks beautiful!

Mary_Badgley.jpg

Last edited:
All these dresses are also from the Badgley Mischka Spring 2006 collection

Oooh...! I love this dress! It would look so good with Rania's dark hair and strong face features! I don't know about the halter neck, but she could alter that...

Rania_Badgley2.jpg

I like Rania in this length as well, she suits pencil skirts. The Lace, spectacular!

Rania_Badgley1.jpg

Since I think Letizia needs to viden her day-to-day designer horison (she has done Varela to death by now and he seem to have no imagination at all) and I do not think she will choose international designers I decided to look at some spanish designers for her. She has the body to wear anything and I would like to see her choose some other materials also. I also think she should stick with Caprile for galas as his dresses looks good on her and with a spanish twist.

Ángel Schlesser (forget about the shoes)
1 She is thin so she can wear ruffles, I think this would look good for a regatta dinner or something like that
2 A casual but elegant pants outfit
3 A white suit, I think crisp colurs looks great on her, and this suit is different than the ones she usually wears
4 A chiffon dress for and evening event, with a little less clevage. I think the colour would look gorgous one her, maybe not apprpriate for a state dinner but for another less formal black tie event

Jesus del Pozo
5 A jacket with a nice detail on the collar to make it again different from her usual suits, paired with a skirt to make it more formal or pants for a more casual event
6 Instead of wearing business suits for evening things like concerts or to the theatre she could wear this dress, maybe with a big spanish shawl
http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jesusdelpozopv06desfile6g7xl.jpghttp://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jesusdelpozopv06desfile37g9au.jpg

Pictures from
http://www.vogue.es/

Last edited:
All posts with pictures hotlinked to other websites have been removed. If you wish to share pictures with us, remember to follow the Royal Forums Posting Rules & Guidelines. Pictures posted in the Royal House of Fashion forum must be hosted via a private account such as Photobucket, Imageshack or Tinypic or they will be deleted without notice to the member.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Mandy
Royal House of Fashion Moderator

Wow.... There goes 30 something pages of posts.....I really wish this would have been brought up a few months ago when fashion week started but thats just my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom