The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 2: December 2009 - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish she'd stop wearing this damn jacket with her evening dress. It's just not a flattering combination. The actual dress itself seems quite lovely but the jacket just doesn't work with it. Not only that it's looking a little more than "fitted" nowadays.

Take it home and lock it away!!!

I'm in love with this cranberry jacket and the scarf is divine! She looks wonderful.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

The "scarf" is actually a very expensive "Kani Jamawar" from Kashmir in India. They are exquisite, hand woven, in very fine wool - a real collectors piece.

This is such a wonderfull look on the Duchess, and what a relief after seeing the same three outfits since November! The colour is just beautifull, Im all about it. The scarf is very nice, Im liking the little bit of the paisely dress that I can see, and Im really liking the slighty distressed boots she is wearing. Stellar look for her highness!

The raspberry coat does look lovely. Not sure about this particular pair of boots - not sure it really is appropriate for the event. Had she worn her usual patent leather ones, they would have been perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the overall look. Beautiful colours, the coat has the perfect cut, fabulous pashmina scarf & lovely boots! Practical and professional, yet elegant.

Duchess of Cornwall's ensemble was all right. I do not expect sartorial wonders from her or any other main members of the British royal family. The jamavar shawl nicely matched the cranberry knit (?) coat. The boots looked rough though.

Personally, I wish she would look a bit more 'put together' on these trips - the coat is really nice, and I love the colour, but the scarf looks a bit thrown on her, and doesn't photograph well... (although I think it is nice and is no doubt incredibly pricey!) And would it hurt her to wear a hat to arrive in?!

:previous:

I agree with everything you said, James in London.

Personally, I wish she would look a bit more 'put together' on these trips - the coat is really nice, and I love the colour, but the scarf looks a bit thrown on her, and doesn't photograph well... (although I think it is nice and is no doubt incredibly pricey!) And would it hurt her to wear a hat to arrive in?!

My only criticism is about the shoes. That said, it may be due to the back pain that she decided to wear flat boots.

Well I think further examination of her Eastern European wardrobe has backed up what I said - when Camilla wears a nice structured suit, with a hat, she looks great. And she used to all the time - I just feel she has given up a bit, which is a shame. And the dots. Oh the dots...

Well I think further examination of her Eastern European wardrobe has backed up what I said - when Camilla wears a nice structured suit, with a hat, she looks great. And she used to all the time - I just feel she has given up a bit, which is a shame. And the dots. Oh the dots...

If you can get past the dots, the cape and the dreadful brown hat, Camilla is increasingly wearing dresses instead of suits. I think that is where your comments may be stemming from. Often when a dress is combined with a winter coat, the look can appear unstructured, especially if the coat is not fitted.

Camilla visited the Storytelling Centre in Edinburgh, a development centre for live oral storytelling, June 2, 2010.
(The cane is from when she broke her foot a few months ago and now her cast has been removed.)

Pic 1 * Pic 2 * Pic 3

It's good to see her back on her feet again. :flowers:
I like her white skirt. It looks light and summery.

I like the pieces separately but not together.

She looks nice and fresh in this soft color. As it's on of my favorite looks from Ascot 2009, I'm glad she recycled it today. Of course some of Philip Treacy's hats are quite special (I have to admit that I'm an admirer of his work), but I love her with big, extravagant hats. :flowers: The choker is fabulous.

Camilla looks at her best like this - a nice suit and a really extravagent hat. She looks fab.

What the devil is that monstrosity on the top of her head? The crown of the hat is too deep. It is like a pink cowboy hat with a rose; The rose is gargantuan as is the pseudo ribbon.I wish Camilla would tame down those hats as she is otherwise so elegant in choker and suit.She also has a lovely countenance that outshines all things

Camilla visited the Storytelling Centre in Edinburgh, a development centre for live oral storytelling, June 2, 2010.
(The cane is from when she broke her foot a few months ago and now her cast has been removed.)

Pic 1 * Pic 2 * Pic 3
The broken foot seems to have taken a bit out of her but she is a trooper and is looking almost hernormal self again. As always appropriately attired and lovely.Camilla never dissapoints

Last edited by a moderator:
Pastel colours look good on her. I love the hat!

I think she looked nice. I especially like the hat...the pearl necklace not so much.

Not many women can wear such large hats but the Duchess wears them very well. She looks terrific!

Great ensemble.

Do we have a bit of a trend here? The best of Camilla's Ascot wardrobe shows up again the following year at the Trooping. We saw this with the gold coat style dress in 2006, which showed up again in 2007, the lovely turquoise suit (from 2008?) which reappeared the following year, and now the lovely pink suit. Great.

This is my idea of elegance too. Lovely pink shades, delicate details (accessories, jewellery), beautiful smile. :)

Great ensemble.

Do we have a bit of a trend here? The best of Camilla's Ascot wardrobe shows up again the following year at the Trooping. We saw this with the gold coat style dress in 2006, which showed up again in 2007, the lovely turquoise suit (from 2008?) which reappeared the following year, and now the lovely pink suit. Great.
Ahh, you may be onto something Muriel. I think you're right.

Camilla looks elegant. And that large pearl choker is divine!!

Good to see that Camilla's wedding outfit was out again in Winchester yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom