Crown Princess Masako's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2008 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a nice outfit. I like the pinstripes on her suit bc it makes her look taller. I wish we saw more of her like we do with the other CP's.

Last edited:
Masako looks smart in her pinstriped suit. I like the black accessories against the light colours.

Crown Princess Masako attending the celebration for Emperor Akihito's 77th birthday.
December 23, 2010

Close up * Another side

I like the colour and the fabric of the outfit. I think it looks lovely, too!

The costume has a very classy fabric and a wonderful cut from what I can see. And what a beautiful, discreet brooch! I'm not so fond of the hat shape, though.

Crown Princess Masako recycled this outfit on numerous occasions. I am not sure whether buttery yellowish colour becomes her. I for one think that cooler brighter colours compliment her more.

Does the IHA pick out all their clothes for them because the princesses all seem to dress in a similar fashion, nothing really individual.

Does the IHA pick out all their clothes for them because the princesses all seem to dress in a similar fashion, nothing really individual.
These are the formal court dresses. Their style had been approved by the previous Empress Kojun in 1950s. The Empress Michiko consented to continue the tradition.
In Japan the traditions matter. And the younger members of the family are expected not to overshine the elder royals.:)

I had no idea about this! But now that you mention it, these could be classic ladies suits from the 1950s

Crown Princess Masako bidding Crown Prince Naruhito her farewell before he left for Thailand on June 25.

- Complete outfit 1
- Complete outfit 2
- Close up 1
- Close up 2

Masako looks wonderful; I love the outfit.
Plus, she looks happy and content, and positively beaming with happiness - always a nice sight to see. :)

Last edited:
A simple white outfit with no bells or whistles that suits her coloring quite nicely. While it's great to see her, it also makes me sad about such potential gone to waste. I wish we could see her more often.

Last edited:
She looks great in that white suit!

It's always nice to see CP Masako. She looked good.

Princess Masako today.
- Close up
- Complete outfit

And some pictures from August 12:
- Close up
- Complete outfit
- Hair and jewellery

Masako is one of the royals who really like white - and it suits her.
Today's outfit is great: simple pants and top are great with the green jacket.
I like August 12 one even better: navy blue is one of my favourite colours and it's always a winner with white.
A classic, elegant looks on both days but most of all, I really love seeing Masako so happy and apparantely at ease. :)

Courtesy of ChiaraC who posted the pictures in current events thread.

Last edited:
Love both outfits! She looks great.

Masako looks very nice. It's always nice to see her.

I'm not normally a fan of pastel shades but Masako looks great in that outfit-the pearl earrings match so well with the paleness of the outfit. She looks very elegant and comfortable, too.:flowers:

She looks lovely I have real soft spot for this CP she looks lovely in pale colours.

Japanese royal ladies always seem as if they are dressed from Sears catalogue from the 50s.

:previous:
Japanese royal ladies dress in accordance with the protocol. They are a personification of grace and poise. There are no heated discussion about their fashion choices.

Last edited:
Isn't that the rage now everything old new again ???

Great to see her out and about. I don't really care for her hat sitting so severely low on her brow; a style more off the face similar to the lady behind her would have been nice.

First,I must say that I could not believe my eyes when I saw beautiful Masako next to her husband in Amsterdam today,it was perhaps the biggest (and happiest!) surprise for me! :news:
She looks so glamorous and dignified,everything about her appearance was flawless and just perfect for a Japanese Princess. It is sweet how she adopted the shape of former-Queen-Beatrix hats a little bit with her cream-coloured hat,for me this was a nice reference to a great Queen and now retired monarch.
The outfit is typical minimalist and elegant,especially the embroidery (which can not be seen in most photos,unfortunately) and the good quality of the materials gave it a regal touch. Also, I am delighted by her youthful face and perfect skin,there must be a secret for beautiful ageing that only Japanese women know....
Furthermore it was good to see her talking to Sheikha Moza from Qatar,hopefully Moza´s spirit and liveliness will give courage and strength to Princess Masako!

Last edited:
Always, always a welcome sight to see her in public-she looks great!

It is so nice to see her, looking elegant and smiling. The dress line and colour is very flattering. (I have to grit my teeth when I think how the Palace authorities have damaged this lovely, intelligent woman by giving her no space or leeway!)

I think her fashion is secondary at this point; it's just marvelous to see her out and I'm hoping for more public appearances from her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom