Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 2: November 2009 - January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This beautiful Issa dress was rather expensive comparatively for us in North America.It wrapped in the back and was jersey-and it cost around $500 dollars.I think dresses are more expensive in Europe. But then again I did complain about the cost of McQueen too.Catherine looked appropriate in it.I thought it a couple of inches too short.However her ebullience and genuine happiness soon took away from the dress to the actual lady becoming betrothed to her Prince.

Honestly I don't even get why Kate is all of the sudden dubbed as a style icon while she was laughed and ridiculed for her style before the announcement.

Her style is basic, casual and simplistic and that is all to it at the moment. People like Kate Moss, Julianne Moore, Cate Blanchett, Olivia Palermo, Victoria Beckham, Sofia Coppola or Daphne Guinness, those are people who have a general great style from which other people take inspiration from. Not basic Kate. Everything to sell your story, right?

Kate will get a stylist pretty soon or they already appointed one for her but now? :ermm: Not even close.
Maybe because it sounds better when they compare her to Princess Di?:unsure::rolleyes:

Newsflash .
Apparently Catherine has chosen www.bruceoldfield.com the stalwart designer for many of Diana's outstanding gowns as the designer of her own wedding dress.
I am certain he will do more than a splendid job. But if that was I would have chosen someone from my own sphere.
Now Diana is truly a part of all and this was a lovely gesture on Catherine's part.

Now Diana is truly a part of all and this was a lovely gesture on Catherine's part.

Sorry but where does Diana come into this?
It is only a rumour.

Jaya said:
Newsflash .
Apparently Catherine has chosen www.bruceoldfield.com the stalwart designer for many of Diana's outstanding gowns as the designer of her own wedding dress.
I am certain he will do more than a splendid job. But if that was I would have chosen someone from my own sphere.

I believe this is still not confirmed officially yet-

I loved Kate's white dress in the official engagement photos. This really seems to be her style at the moment. Looking forward to seeing how it will develop, when she'll become a real princess!

I think she has a great taste fashionwise and I'm really looking forward to seeing her for example in long dresses.

NoorMeansLight said:
I loved Kate's white dress in the official engagement photos. This really seems to be her style at the moment. Looking forward to seeing how it will develop, when she'll become a real princess!

Agreed- I just wish we could see more of the front...... I think she will really come into her own once a princess!

Agreed- I just wish we could see more of the front...... I think she will really come into her own once a princess!
Me too, but I already know that white is a favourable color for her! Time will show what her real style is like.:flowers:

Midnight blue and white/creme are Kate's colours - she looks fantastic in these shades, IMO! ;)

Apparently the dress that Kate wore for the engagement pictures are from Reiss.

Newsflash .

The designer hasn't been announced but I think it will be him judging by some of the wedding dresses at his website.
:wreath:

The designer hasn't been announced but I think it will be him judging by some of the wedding dresses at his website.

Apparently it has been reported by papers that she has chosen him, I doubt we will get confirmation anytime soon, read here and here

The white dress she has worn for the engagement photo has been a very nice choice. Kate looks elegant. And I agree, light colors and midnight blue do a lot for her.

I just took a peek at the wedding dresses on his website ... simply stunning!

The outfits that Kate wore in the official pictures were by high street favourites of hers - Reiss (white dress) and Whistles (cream blouse)

Kate notably wore a white Reiss coat that zipped to the side at William's airforce graduation

Last edited:
I didn't know that coat was from Reiss... For some reason I thought it was from Issa.

Good grief Sassy! Were we looking at the same site? I only saw one that had the remotest of bones of a possibly decent gown. The rest lacked style, grace, élan, elegance and with those willowy "S" poses the (mainly) Heroin Chic models struck, skinny gaunt and not the least bit romantic. Very Hollywood opposed to Very Royal style. Ugh! :ohmy:

I think Kate looks wonderful in her official engagement photographs - the white Reiss dress is very simple indeed and quite a contemporary look that will not look outdated in years to come. Kate's style so far since the engagement is very clever because it is so simple and unfussy!

I don't find the dress itself very beautiful but it looked good on her ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom