Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 2: November 2009 - January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is. The zipper was photoshopped away. Otherwise, the dress would have looked like this:

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/kate/reiss.jpg
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/kate/reissnanette1.jpg

We should be seeing a zipper clearly just below Prince William's right hand.

Hm... perhaps they've changed the dress a bit for the shooting - anyway, photoshopping is less work and also likely. ;) It's really a nice dress, I could even imagine to buy a dress like this (though I liked the engagement outfit, it wasn't my cup of tea).

^It is indeed a very beautiful and elegant dress.Safe choice.

I like her style and her skirt not very short,but which shows the beauty of her legs!I do say an appropriate choice

I think Kate is very conservative in her choices but she's getting those choices right. I like the fact she's choosing smaller designers and high street...probably a sign of things to come and a wise move!

Nichola said:
I think Kate is very conservative in her choices but she's getting those choices right. I like the fact she's choosing smaller designers and high street...probably a sign of things to come and a wise move!

Who was the designer? I think she did well- it was very pretty and modern, liked that she wore tights underneath!

Good grief Sassy! Were we looking at the same site? I only saw one that had the remotest of bones of a possibly decent gown. The rest lacked style, grace, élan, elegance and with those willowy "S" poses the (mainly) Heroin Chic models struck, skinny gaunt and not the least bit romantic. Very Hollywood opposed to Very Royal style. Ugh! :ohmy:

Sorry I just noticed this. I went straight to his website...I just meant she will choose something "safe" like the dresses I saw there. And honestly if you looked at his non wedding dresses there were a couple that looked exactly like something Diana has worn in the past. I saw maybe 2 wedding dresses that had potential IMO. ;)

Last edited:
Wow, I love this dress :flowers:
It looks really nice together with this jacket.

The dress is nice. The jacket looks like the one she wore with the electric blue dress. I would've worn the dress with a rich, velvety black coat the same length as the dress (I think it's called and "opera coat"), nude hose, and those black satin looking shoes she always wears.
:santa:

She looks nice, she's a beautiful young woman and she has really grown on me. :flowers: Just two suggestions - I would like to see her with different shoes. The pumps she normally chooses are nice, but most of the time quite boring and a bit old fashioned. And then then the eyeliner. I don't think it suits her much.

I like this outfit, the dress is very nice and suits Catherine well. The blazer and pumps are very in 'her style', maybe quite boring but still look good. I like the fact that she is wearing not expensive, designers clothes. It makes her good example for other girls.
I agree about the eyeliner - to much, but overall look is ok.

Yes, I agree, agami.pearl. Overall she has a nice, youthful look and I like it too that she chooses not so expensive designers. I actually think she's a breeze of fresh air. :)

I like the look but not the stockings.

I do wish she get a new pair of shoes.

Here's hoping that the Middleton (or just Kate) go shopping for a wedding trousseau.

She is definitely going to up her wardrobe before the wedding.

Marika 86 said:
Kate tonight at the Thursford Christmas Spectacular gala
Full lenght view * Close up
I don't like the stockings either - creamy ones would be much better. Plus it also seems to me she needs better shoes; these appear worn out and generally shapeless to me.

More photos

Kate is not a bad dresser.

She is not a trendsetter either but she certainly does have potential.

What I like about her is that goes for clean classic lines. I am sure a wedding and an increase in public duties will expand her wardrobe. I look forward to the transformation.

I love the way she's showing off her ring!!

Dont like the stockings and the severe eye makeup. With all this eyeliner Kate looks much older than she is.

The same old = dress with jacket plus pumps plus hair hanging down is quite a frumpy sight. I dont think that Kate is taking herself back in order NOT to become a fashion icon like the late MIL, I rather think that looking dull reflects her personality.

I like black and white but I don't like the neckline of the dress combined with that jacket. That blue dress from her engagement photo on the other hand was amazing!

Dont like her dull dress and black eyeliner makeup! Perhaps she can define her eyes in some other colour? like green?
Even in the engagement photos, her eyes are lined with black- like women would do in the 60s or something!( only kate doesnt do it to that extent, ofcourse)

I like her outfit, but at the same time I'm looking forward to seeing her style evolve.

I also think she needs to find a different way to do her eye makeup - she applies her eyeliner too severely, especially under the eye. I don't think it's horrible or anything, but it's certainly something that could be improved upon.

Yes, I think especially using eyeliner under the eye is too much. Her eyes aren't big enough or rather haven't the right shape for it and I believe it does suit only a few women. Indeed, it doesn't look awful, but I think without it and a different eye make up she would look better. :flowers:

Last edited:
I mentioned the eyeliner in the engagement photo post. She needs to wear a soft brown instead of black and not line the entire rim of her eye. IMHO she's no where near the "fashion icon" status she's been given (I'm stunned she made the International Best Dressed List). But I do think she could deserve the title one day. Maybe when she starts receiving a clothing allowance we'll see something different.
:advent:

I liked this look on Kate. I really liked her dress. Does anyone know the designer? I think the detail at the neckline is very pretty.

Re the light coloured outfit with dark hosiery - does anyone else recall the Princess of Wales combining light, cream coloured suits with black or navy stockings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom