Schackenborg Castle, Tønder

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The link to the article just shows the cover pictures, not the extensive pictures which are mentioned, such as the kitchen, etc. Perhaps someone could redo the link in order to be able to see these as well.

Thank you.

In a interview with Prince Henrik's brother,Princess Marie said that Schackenborg Manor is 4-stories and 32,291.99 square feet (or 3,000 square meters).......................
No wonder she maintains her great shape, that is a lot of house to walk around in, with the grounds covering 1,000 hectacres.....
I sure could get use to that beautiful home.
Wonder how many people it takes to keep the place cleean ?? Do they have live-in help ???

I think it's safe to say that they have live in help in addition to caretakers for the grounds. Now there is also a nanny.

Would it be possible to scan the pictures that were in that article and post them? Is that allowed? As I mentioned before, the link only shows the cover of the magazine and couple of other pictures, not the extensive pictures that are mentioned. Are they on another thread somewhere?

anyone out there has a good photo of the gate entrance of the castle? i saw the photo close up of the initals but not thehole gate , i would apreciate it so much if somebody can post one

B.T. had a short article February 11, 2010, that Joachim is or has leased part of his 1200 hectacres,
AND
his Farm Manager Stewart Soren Frrdereksen of 17-years will be leaving (no reason given) the first of the year, so the position will be open............

Any one have some additonal information....perhaps (my guess only) Joachim will be taking over more duties from Henrik & the Queen, as Fred will be tied up with the IOC for 9.5 more years

4. Schackenborg Palace- Official residence of Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra

Shouldn't it be changed to: Official residence of Prince Joacim and Princess Marie ??

Regarding photos of Schackenborg castle:
I've just been to Møgeltønder and saw for myself that it's quite difficult
to get a close-up of the castle.
There are basically two photo opportunities:
One with the monogrammed gates leading up to the
main entrance through a long drive and a gated side entrance
leading into the courtyard from the main street.
Neither offers much of a view; the Joachims are fairly well
protected from the public.

Viv

Did they ever release any pictures or videos of Joachim & Marie wedding "first" dance, or the reception >> Or pictures of their wedding cake and them cutting the cake ??

Did they ever release any pictures or videos of Joachim & Marie wedding "first" dance, or the reception >> Or pictures of their wedding cake and them cutting the cake ??

Not that I know of.
I posted a number of tidbits and summaries from the wedding here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...avallier-24-may-2008-a-14868.html#post1148917

and here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...avallier-24-may-2008-a-14868.html#post1148919

That may answer some of your questions. :)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #45, 2010.
Marie vil vise sin egen stil - Marie will show her own style.
Written by Ken Richter.

A couple of years after moving in at Schackenborg, our Marie has gone into nesting-mode.
The house that until last year was the home of the baillif of the manor will now be turned into a sort of hotel, for guest on holiday or for small conferences.
This, it appears, will very much be Princess Marie's responsibility. She is going to furnish the pretty big house (!) with surplus furnitures from Schackenborg and at the same time refurnish Schackenborg itself, according to her taste.
Schackenborg has until now still very much been influenced on how Alexandra furnished the place. No more, la Marie has taken over... (*)

The house will be ready by the 1st. February 2011.

Should you wish to go there, you will have to contact SlotsferieDanmark, who are in charge of the practical details. There are room for twelve guest, more if need be. The price for one week will be between 6.030 DKK to about 12.000 DKK, depending on the season. Food and drinks not included.
You may think: Cool, I can bump into Marie in the garden and have a chat with her. No, that's not a part of it, - only if you are lucky. You'll get a tour of the park and a refreshment at the office and that's as close as you can expect to get to Joachim and Marie and their home.

- I think it's a sensible move. Schackenborg is after all a business. Ad with Mary and Frederik having four children, there will be relatively little use for Joachim's children in an official DRF capacity in say 20-25 years from now. I doubt very much any of them will recieve an apange from the state.

(*) Alexandra in her time, placed a lot of the old junk... I mean old furnitures from Schackenborg, at Schackenborg Inn, which was part of the estate back then.
The difference is that Alexandra didn't spend that much time at Schackenborg as Marie, who seems to have very much setteled there.

For what I can saw in google maps, the house is located around one mile from the Schackenborg Castle (you can see here, click on the map) So if would be really susprised if the guest bumo with "La Marie"

Muhler, in your large file do you have any pictures (in the past) on their Christmas decorations, inside & outside (probably when Joachim & Alex were married?

I hope this year with the Royal family gathered they will go all out with Christmas decorations and hopefully we will get a peek

Muhler, in your large file do you have any pictures (in the past) on their Christmas decorations, inside & outside (probably when Joachim & Alex were married?

I hope this year with the Royal family gathered they will go all out with Christmas decorations and hopefully we will get a peek

Not Christmas decorations at Schackenborg.

I may have something about QMII's way of decorating for Christmas somewhere.
But I cannot and I will not post pictures that are copyright protected on this forum. Sorry. :)

I guess this belongs here under Schackenborg as a business.

Billed-Bladet - Prins Joachim fælder juletræer til familien

The manor produce among other things Christmas trees and ten will be shipped to Copenhagen to the family there. Presumably M&F, the Regent Couple and Alexandra (and perhaps the Siesby's as well).

2.000 trees were shipped to China in October (a containership takes about 2-3 months in getting there). Christmas trees shipped to China look differently than trees used in DK.

The Schackenborg trees are also exported to Germany, England, Austria and Switzerland.

The manor expects to sell about 15-20.000 trees, which is the same as last year, but as the prize has gone up it's nevertheless prretty satisfactory.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #45, 2010.
Marie vil vise sin egen stil - Marie will show her own style.
Written by Ken Richter.

A couple of years after moving in at Schackenborg, our Marie has gone into nesting-mode.
The house that until last year was the home of the baillif of the manor will now be turned into a sort of hotel, for guest on holiday or for small conferences.
This, it appears, will very much be Princess Marie's responsibility. She is going to furnish the pretty big house (!) with surplus furnitures from Schackenborg and at the same time refurnish Schackenborg itself, according to her taste.
Schackenborg has until now still very much been influenced on how Alexandra furnished the place. No more, la Marie has taken over... (*)

The house will be ready by the 1st. February 2011.

Should you wish to go there, you will have to contact SlotsferieDanmark, who are in charge of the practical details. There are room for twelve guest, more if need be. The price for one week will be between 6.030 DKK to about 12.000 DKK, depending on the season. Food and drinks not included.
You may think: Cool, I can bump into Marie in the garden and have a chat with her. No, that's not a part of it, - only if you are lucky. You'll get a tour of the park and a refreshment at the office and that's as close as you can expect to get to Joachim and Marie and their home.

- I think it's a sensible move. Schackenborg is after all a business. Ad with Mary and Frederik having four children, there will be relatively little use for Joachim's children in an official DRF capacity in say 20-25 years from now. I doubt very much any of them will recieve an apange from the state.

(*) Alexandra in her time, placed a lot of the old junk... I mean old furnitures from Schackenborg, at Schackenborg Inn, which was part of the estate back then.
The difference is that Alexandra didn't spend that much time at Schackenborg as Marie, who seems to have very much setteled there.

Well, let's hope she does a better job than Alexandra...:)

Let's not forget that Alexandra married a younger and more immature version of Joachim. He appears to have matured greatly - or getting more skilled at not letting photographers find him in indelicate situation.

Among professional people I deal with in Denmark Alexandra is still the most liked person after the Queen among the royal females. She adapted to her new homeland, learned the language quickly and managed to keep her personality intact throghout the Princess make-over.

Alexandra's impact on the royal family was not lost ont he Queen most likely one of the reasons the Queen was very generous in the divorce settlement. Another reason what probably Joachim himself.

Marie is doing a great job and is also avoiding the trap of becoming an image of someones idea of what a Princess should look like. The Danes have rightfully embraced her.

Among professional people I deal with in Denmark Alexandra is still the most liked person after the Queen among the royal females...

I highly doubt that, and that is not the impression you get here, even if she has many "die hard" followers....

The former steward's building at Schackenborg has now been renovated and refurnished.
So in case you wish to go there for a conference you can rent it.
Billed-Bladet - Nu er Maries feriebolig færdig

The running of this part of the estate is, according to a previous article, in the hands of our Marie.

In 1978, the castle went back to belong to the royal family of Denmark. But they sure didnt look that well for heirs because the schack family still exists.

In 1978, the castle went back to belong to the royal family of Denmark. But they sure didnt look that well for heirs because the schack family still exists.
I´m not sure I get what you mean.

Do you mean that it will be difficult for Prince Nikolau to inherit the castle, since there are heirs in the Schack-line?

I thought that the Count was still alive and he gave Schackenborg to Joachim ???

Back
Top Bottom