Sandringham House

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Last I read Philip is renovating the kitchen. Whether there is a kitchen company involved or Philip has taken up DIY is unknown. Either way, I wouldn't want to be in the vicinity.

This article has a few details and insights (usual Daily Fail warning given)
Prince Philip is now living in a cottage at Sandringham | Daily Mail Online

How hard it must have been for the Queen to tear herself away. With the workmen finally gone, there was the shiny new kitchen — the first for 30 years — in the house where she and Prince Philip feel, and behave, like normal people.

They’d spent a few days together last week at Wood Farm, the spacious but modestly furnished cottage on the Sandringham estate that for years has been their bolthole from Palace formality. But the Queen — at 91 — had to return to her duties in London.

At Wood Farm, with its simple furnishings and open fires, Philip does have help. There is a page, housekeeper, chef and footman to take care of him, but unlike the liveried Palace staff, he prefers that they wear ordinary clothes.

:previous: Dang, wrong estate!

Sandringham's gardens were opened to the public by King Edward VII in 1908.
Sandringham's Museum was opened to the public by King George V in 1930.

9/10. Pretty good!

I got 9 out of 10. Missed on the one about the black, London cab. :D

I got them all - but I put that down to a fantastic day visiting there with my family in 2002 when all of that information was included in the guidebook or I saw it - such as the black cab and a range of other wonderful vehicles associated with the royals through the years.

9/10, missed the black cab question. There were a couple I guessed on and got correct.

Thanks for posting eya.

Reactions: eya
I'm wondering how enjoyable this gamekeeper is finding his trip to the unemployment line. Not the kind of 15 minutes of fame that will support his resume without good references. :D

:previous:
This time the foot is not in the muck but in the quicksand....some people really need to understand that we are all equal in this universe. Lesson in humility and common decency is greatly needed at Sandringham.

Can't judge the actions of all on the actions of one. Its not a reflection on Sandringham and its people as a whole but a reflection on one employee working at Sandringham that acted too full of himself and is getting his comeuppance served cold.

You're absolutely right though about common decency and humility needed. ?

I hope he's not expecting flowers & a card from the Queen. :lol:

Thanks for reminding me that this was all in a tabloid article. Patrick, himself, would have been much better off to just keep his yap shut and let the police handle matters rather than thinking a tabloid article was the way to go.

There's been no official statement released or any arrests made from what we know now. Will be interesting to see if we hear anything more.

I would like to think that the gamekeeper suffers the consequences of his actions for beating this man .......his behavior to me is criminal for hitting someone on the head with a stick or club could ever well cause brain damage or death......snobbery seems to be having a run at Sandringham lately in *some* people thinking they are better then the rest of the world.

Oh dear, 2019 has not gotten off to a good PR start for the BRF.
I hope that the gamekeeper gets his position revoked from him, as whilst he's at Sandringham so is quite different from a "regular" place of work, he's still working at this point and this action was beyond unprofessional of him. Perhaps reaching out to a tabloid paper such as the Sun was not a good way to go on the victim's part, though I hope that there will be some legal consequences after this incident and that the victim will have some compensation for the injuries the gamekeeper caused.

I think it's a set up to make the BRF look bad. Perfect timing, with Philipgate.

I am willing to wait until the Police have finished their investigation until I condemn this man. The alleged victim may have told the truth but then again left out salient points. Or he may be telling the absolute truth.

The point is we have an alleged victim and an alleged assailant and the incident was reported to the Police. I am content to wait until they finish their enquiries and I assume that Royal Media Office is doing the same.

I am sure the police will investigate and again - trial by media is not an appropriate way to judge a person. It is basically 'mob rule' and we should be aware that the British media, tabloids in particular, will often either accuse the wrong person or exaggerate what happened for the headlines and the clicks while the reality is not as bad as the media makes it out to be. As the groundsman hasn't given his version of events we have one person making a claim.

Oh dear, 2019 has not gotten off to a good PR start for the BRF.
I hope that the gamekeeper gets his position revoked from him, as whilst he's at Sandringham so is quite different from a "regular" place of work, he's still working at this point and this action was beyond unprofessional of him. Perhaps reaching out to a tabloid paper such as the Sun was not a good way to go on the victim's part, though I hope that there will be some legal consequences after this incident and that the victim will have some compensation for the injuries the gamekeeper caused.

I'm not so sure that he reached out to the tabloids although it looks that way. It also could have come to the attention of a reporter in the area (for #Philipgate) over a police scanner. Used to be that only lawyers were deemed ambulance chasers. Now anyone can listen into what's going on in the area.

Its looking good and will be lovely to watch the change of seasons at the Sandrigham Estate.

Does Sandringham House still have some rooms with the furniture that Queen Alexandra decorated with?

It is possible.

The rooms that are open to the public still pay homage to Edward and Alexandra e.g. the scales the Edward insisted everyone use at the start and end of their visit to ensure they had put on weight are still there.

The entire house isn't open, obviously, as they do have their private rooms.

How much has been changed over the years is anyone's guess. As it is a totally privately owned home there is no need to let the world know what they are doing ... so they could redecorate (not remodel) without anyone knowing at all.

The issue with Queen Alexandra's furniture would be whether or not the later royals like her style e.g. we know that Andrew did a massage remodel at Royal Lodge as he 'modernised' it and thus changed a lot of how it had been when the Queen Mum lived there while Charles left a lot of Clarence House pretty much the same as he shared a lot of the same tastes as the Queen Mum that Andrew didn't share.

Back
Top Bottom