The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-27-2017, 12:19 AM
Majesty

The British Royal Family and the Media have a very wary view of each other. While some believe that the members of the BRF should just accommodate the media, I find the whole notion repellent.

It is interesting to see that most of those royals with a higher profile attending the Middleton/Matthews wedding acknowledged the press as did some of the celebrities. But a smile and a wave were all they needed and all they got.

There have been niggles about the way Harry and Meghan are handling their romance. Basically, we have only really seen them coming or going to one or the other's home. What is wrong with this, their lives are not a reality show and when they are out they expect to be photographed but there is no onus on them to stop and chat. They are not reality stars that stand, pose and gush, and if they were they did act like that they would be roundly castigated by the BRF and the media that didn't get that scoop and, of course, us!

Old 05-27-2017, 03:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
LQ, here on this forum, she is listed as a royal in the British Royals section. I'm aware that she's not HRH, but, if it doesn't bother the admin here who listed her in with the DoY and the two princess in the British Royals section, it doesn't bother me.

And, I was speaking of a very favorable past two weeks of press, not the past six months, which has been, on the whole, pretty awful. The past two weeks have been the best she's had in ages.

Her press, negative or positive, may not affect HM and the main line royals other than making steam come out of Prince Philip's ears, but it directly impacts the DoY and the two princesses.

Erm she's not listed as a royal, she is part of the BRF sub forum because she is the mother of two princesses and was once married to a Prince. Therefore she gets included.

Zara and Peter have threads, the Gloucester children have threads but they aren't royal.

We'll have to agree to disagree considering her appearances in the last two weeks, I've personally seen nothing but the continued attack on any York member. Whilst I'm not saying it's deserved, I have seen Sarah painted in a glowing light. I also don't think DOY or Beatrice and Eugenie give two hoots about what the papers write. That family has been subject to the worst sometimes and I'm sure they don't bother with it anymore. If they did, more fool them IMO.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry won his complaint against the Mail Online for the pics of him and Meghan in Jamaica

https://www.ipso.co.uk/rulings-and-r...g/?id=01722-17
Old 07-14-2017, 11:10 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Yessssss! Good that he won.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

The media better figure out that neither of those boys are going to put up with infractions ...gonna cost them financially and assuming they had a reputation might harm that as well.

LaRae
Old 07-14-2017, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The MailOnline was required to published this in response to IPSO's ruling

IPSO adjudication upheld: HRH Prince Henry of Wales
Old 07-15-2017, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

This is the New York Review's view of Sally Bedell Smith's biography of Prince Charles that was published earlier this year.

Where Prince Charles Went Wrong | The New Yorker
Old 07-16-2017, 02:50 AM
Nobility

"Even Charles’s love life was choreographed for him with the sort of elaborate care and tact usually reserved for pandas in captivity. "

I haven't read Bedell's book yet. It's not something that's on the top of my reading list. I have seen her on a couple of talk shows promoting her book. And recently there was a fun online slideshow of photographs accompanied by quotes from her book.

As far as the New Yorker reviewer's critique of Bedell's biography, and of Prince Charles, don't you guys get the full-on sarcasm and humor of it all, even if the review is downright serious albeit replete with tongue-in-cheek jabs at both Charles and Bedell? [Apparently some posters' responses to the review were deleted after I submitted this post?]

ROFL at the reviewer's mocking of Bedell's alliterative subtitles for her biographies; and of Prince Charles' long-suffering unease over his family's 'philistinism' and their askance 'tude toward his "intense, lachrymose responses to art, literature, and nature." Not to mention Prince Charles supposed 'annoyed peevishness' at having to travel on some rare occasions first class rather than on a private jet. The part about Prince Charles carrying around with him a white leather toilet seat is rather a mild lavatorial luxury I should say compared with the not so long ago traditional royal duties expected of the monarch's Groom of the Stool, eh!

But the quote about the choreographing of Prince Charles' love life absolutely takes the cake.

Hopefully, Princes William and Harry understand how fortunate they are to be modern day princes who fortuitously had a mother who lavished them with loving care and attention, despite the fact they lost her during their adolescent years. Moreover, they have been able to avoid the panda treatment when it comes to their love lives.

“'I think it is disturbing for women to have experiences if they have to remain on a pedestal after marriage,' Mountbatten wrote to Charles." Wowza! The less said about this Lord Mountbatten quote the better, considering his and his wife's scandalous affairs, and well-known but swept under the rug marital problems. Geesh!
Old 08-31-2017, 03:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I normally don't spend time on reading/posting the crap from the horrid Globe, but I came over this when I took one of my 3 daily visits to the royal twitter pages and had my biggest laugh for days.

From the Sun's former Royal Correspondent:

Charles Rae‏ @Sunxrae
Where do they get this bollocks from!!!!????
https://twitter.com/Sunxrae/status/902621990904848390

And as you see: The dying Queen quits and has named Charles as King, while William and Kate is betrayed and cruel Camilla triumph.

Tags
british royal family, caricatures, cartoons, fleet street, newspapers, tabloid press