The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2017, 12:54 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Thank you, Royal Norway.

I actually read an article while in a check-out line today. Turns out the Queen is dying and told Will and Kate (who both reacted with tears of joy) over the holidays that she plans to abdicate hand the reigns over to them, because she wants to see William's coronation before she dies.

Best part! She has help in this. In order to convince Charles that he doesn't want the throne himself, she's turned to Camilla who's become disillusioned with the idea of becoming the King's wife. The pair of them have talked Charles into stepping aside.

It has to be true, because it was all told to the writer of the article by an unnamed source close to the couple, who is heavily quoted.
Gasp! This cannot be absolutely true! Camilla wasn't gin soaked!

Old 01-19-2017, 01:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Gasp! This cannot be absolutely true! Camilla wasn't gin soaked!

She must have sobered up long enough to convince Charles!

I usually don't read past the headlines of these articles, but this one has a "guess who she's working with" type of subheader and I knew it would be good. I've honestly never seen one of these articles where Camilla wasn't the villain before.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

I thought Charles and Camilla were getting divorced and they were negotiating a 2 billion (yes billion) pound settlement for Camilla (according to either NI or WD down here anyway).
Old 01-19-2017, 01:45 AM
Heir Apparent

That was when she was drinking. Now that she's sobered up she's pals with the Queen!
Old 01-19-2017, 02:46 AM
Heir Apparent

According to an article I came across a few days ago, A deeply worried Kate has been at the Queen's side day/night since she got sick and helped her with all sorts of things.

I also read an article-headline that said the Queen had given the throne to William as a Christmas gift.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:02 AM
Majesty

I have the utter inside scoop which a courtier close to the throne has told me that its looking good for Lupo to become the next Prime Minister.

Nothing like a good bout of levity but we are seriously getting off topic. I was told that in confidence by the upcoming new press secretary, Marvin the Royal Hamster. It just hasn't broken on Twitter yet.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
It was brought up in a discussion about length of reign comparison be Victoria/Bertie/George and Elizabeth/Charles/William. A poster stated since William is a smoker and a drinker thus must be less healthy than his father. That started the questioning about William smoking since unlike Harry it isn't a proven thing.

All I think is that it is quite morbid to try and compare reign and making guesses about the length of the future reigns based on lifestyles...
Old 01-19-2017, 09:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Thank you, Royal Norway.

I actually read an article while in a check-out line today. Turns out the Queen is dying and told Will and Kate (who both reacted with tears of joy) over the holidays that she plans to abdicate hand the reigns over to them, because she wants to see William's coronation before she dies.

Best part! She has help in this. In order to convince Charles that he doesn't want the throne himself, she's turned to Camilla who's become disillusioned with the idea of becoming the King's wife. The pair of them have talked Charles into stepping aside.

It has to be true, because it was all told to the writer of the article by an unnamed source close to the couple, who is heavily quoted.
Yep, that's the one I saw in the supermarket checkout line today also.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thank you, Royal Norway.

THANK YOU for reading this and sharing the contents. I'd miscalculated how long I'd have in line and missed the opportunity to read it. I'm reacting with tears of joy myself knowing that William and Kate were crying as well when they received the news.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Thank you, Royal Norway.

But...but...how does Camilla have any influence with Charles at all when she is a raging, violent alcoholic who beats and belittles him at every opportunity? And she loathes Kate!

She is also blackmailing him for a larger divorce settlement. She's got one foot out the door in fact.

Yep, anyone who wants to be in the know should get all their information from that particular checkout tabloid.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-19-2017, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I apologize to the mods for the off topic detour that I've started... but I'm so glad we went on it. The tabloid headers are just... so wonderful.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Majesty

It does give us a glimpse into what the royal family has to put up with too. I can imagine during Charles' reign, they're going to have even more ammunition to work with and most likely are already staying up nights dreaming up headlines. What we see now may just be the tip of the iceberg.

Makes me also realize that with the position of monarch comes the need to have a thick skin and let the garbage roll off your shoulder or even forget about glancing at the drivel they write. Charles is reputed to be far more sensitive to criticism than his mother is and also has a quick temper. It has been reported in several places I've read though that Charles feels reading a lot of newspapers and publications a waste of time. That just may be a redeeming factor.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Unless he abdicates of course.
Which is a word not even used by the Windsor RF, and something we can solidly exclude as an option for the current members of the Royal Family, for historical reasons.

I was happy to see the new PM of New Zealand make so very clear in a recent interview, that the monarchy in New Zealand was not tied to H.M the Queen, as many naysayers seem to think, and that most people in NZ would want the current system to continue.
What Bill English learned from lost flag vote - National - NZ Herald News

That's very good news for the future of the monarchy in NZ, where the only real threat to the monarchy in the past has come from over-eager politicians seeking to create yet another office for themselves, and not from public demand at all.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:27 AM
Majesty

Prince Charles is preparing for a new style of monarchy | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-02-2017, 02:53 AM
Majesty

Only the Daily Hate Mail is capable to connect Trump and Climate change with "preparing for a new style of monarchy"...

Old 02-02-2017, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought this was a proper article, but it was Ephraim Hardcastle:
Quote:
Prince Charles is preparing for a new style of monarchy by seemingly tilting at President Trump with remarks about climate change

Prince Charles is seen to be courting danger by seemingly tilting at President Trump with remarks about climate change and warnings over ‘forgetting the lessons of the past’ – a veiled reference to 1930s fascism.

‘Charles is determined to push the boundaries to prepare for a new style of monarchy,’ says a source.

‘And he believes he’ll merely be returning to an old style of monarchy. Queen Victoria expressed an opinion on virtually everything, publicly and privately.’
Ephraim says 3 things in this article, and I answer them:

1. Prince Charles is preparing for a new style of monarchy by seemingly tilting at President Trump with remarks about climate change?

Answer: He has talked about climate change for several years, and is not preparing for a new style of monarchy.

2. ‘Charles is determined to push the boundaries to prepare for a new style of monarchy,’ says a source.

Answer: You and your fake sources do nothing but lie.

3. ‘And he believes he’ll merely be returning to an old style of monarchy. Queen Victoria expressed an opinion on virtually everything, publicly and privately.’

Answer: If Charles does this, then he is stupid, and he's not.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Royal Highness

I think for better or worse, when he steps in to take the throne he needs to learn how to shut his mouth. Monarchs are legally required publicly to express no opinion, to be politically neutral, to not favor one or the other. What they say in private is their own business.

I do not think Camilla cares either way about becoming Queen. Legally whether anyone likes it or not, she will be queen.

She married the man she loves and they seem content and happy 12 years later.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Majesty

I think that there is not better summary of the above post that shares my own opinion on the matter XD.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:27 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts involving discussion of President Trump and the upcoming state visit have been deleted.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
I think for better or worse, when he steps in to take the throne he needs to learn how to shut his mouth. Monarchs are legally required publicly to express no opinion, to be politically neutral, to not favor one or the other. What they say in private is their own business.
He will need to learn to keep his mouth shut and his pen in the drawer. Remember last year when he compared Putin to Hitler? Or this year when he refused to meet China's Premier? These are not actions that he can contemplate if he is the Monarch.

Tags
british, camilla, charles iii, charles of wales, coronation, crown jewels, duchess of cornwall, legacy, prince charles, prince of wales, queen camilla, titles, william v