The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2016, 08:29 PM
Royal Highness

It is unknown how long Prince Charles or his office has been keeping track but on his website the information is available going back to the 2003-2004 fiscal year..

He might have been keep track as far back as 1980 but never shared this information.

Charles is known to keep everything. He might very well have copies of his daily calendars that list all his engagements.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

The CC is archived somewhere back to the original ones - probably in the royal archives themselves but also in the old days when universities and other libraries had past editions of papers like The Times on microfiche they were there as well (I was using the CC from the 1880s at one time for a research assignment I was doing at uni and was accessing The Times at uni using the microfiche and they had ever copy back to around the 1850s but with the advent of digital they destroyed the microfiche believing that The Times itself would allow subscribers to access archives back that far. As I am not a subscriber I don't know how far back a person can go.

The online CC is archived from 1997.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Pity the poor staff member who has to ensure that each tally mark would be legible and that no one is trying to sneak in an extra mark or (gasp) erase one from their family members.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:29 AM
Nobility

About the Court Circular, with chart of totals showing 2010-2017 and a few years wayback, and of course links of reference

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 11-21-2018, 07:25 AM
Aristocracy

I’m correct in saying that Diana after her divorce did not appear in the court circular?
Old 11-21-2018, 07:46 AM
Majesty

By herself probably not. However on 10th March 1997 Prince William was confirmed into the Church of England at St George's and Diana was present, along with Charles, the Queen and several other members of the BRF, and I can't imagine that ceremony or her presence at it would have gone unrecorded in the CC.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

As I recall her engagments were not noted once she and Charles separated
Old 11-21-2018, 08:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_enthusiast View Post
I’m correct in saying that Diana after her divorce did not appear in the court circular?
I don't know for sure but it would not be a surprise if that were the case. Diana's divorce date was August 28, 1996 and her date of death was August 31, 1997. The court circular reports activities by and on behalf of the monarch and it stands to reason that Diana would not be called upon to represent the Queen on a regular basis.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
By herself probably not. However on 10th March 1997 Prince William was confirmed into the Church of England at St George's and Diana was present, along with Charles, the Queen and several other members of the BRF, and I can't imagine that ceremony or her presence at it would have gone unrecorded in the CC.

It wasn't in the CC.

Due to my knee issues this year I have been doing a full analysis - way more detailed than my usual analysis and I have done up to the end of May 1997. So far in 1997 there has been no mention of William (from my copying and pasting of the 1997 CC to a word document - easier to read) the only time William is mentioned is for Diana's funeral and the Queen's 50th wedding anniversary service in November.

Diana is mentioned twice - her death is acknowledged and again her funeral a week later.

March 10th was Commonwealth Service Day that the Queen and Charles attended.

Philip was in Mongolia on the 10th March 1997.

Have you the right date or year?

Philip was overseas for almost all of March 1997 - literally a world tour lasting three weeks.