The British Nobility thread 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The DM is really a ludicrous "newspaper". "Norris Castle that Queen Victoria once tried to buy"... So not the castle, its history, the breathtaking view, whatever, but the fact that Queen Victoria once was there is the headline?

Press Association ‏@PA
#Breaking George Bingham, the only son of missing peer Lord Lucan, has been granted a death certificate by a High Court judge in London.

The son of the missing aristocrat Lord Lucan goes to the High Court today hoping for a legal ruling which would allow him to inherit the Earl's title.

George Bingham was seven years old when his father vanished after being suspected of murder.

An inquest decided that Lord Lucan killed his children’s nanny Sandra Rivett, after mistaking her for his estranged wife Countess Lucan.

The two had been engaged in a custody battle for their three children.
Over the years there have been many reports of sightings, or theories about how he may have died.
Read more: Lord Lucan's Son Seeks Ruling To Inherit Title

Lord Charles Montagu Douglas Scott is engaged to Flora Summerfield.
The Times/Nobiliana.

:previous:
The late Lord Harlech was the second and only surviving son of David Ormsby-Gore, 5th Baron Harlech, and of his first wife, née Sylvia Thomas.
The 5th Baron Harlech was the British Ambassador to the USA in 1961-1965. He was the second (and only surviving) son of William Ormsby-Gore, 4th Baron Harlech, and of his wife, née Lady Beatrice Gascoyne-Cecil.
Lady Beatrice was a daughter of the 4th Marquess of Salisbury and sister of Mary, later Duchess of Devinshire and Mistress of the Robes to Queen Elizabeth II in 1953-1967. This means that the late 5th Baron Harlech was a cousin of the late Andrew, Duke of Devonshire, whose wife Deborah wrote about the Harlechs in several paragraphs of her memoirs "Wait for me!".

There is a report Thomas Van Straubenzee and Melissa Percy have separated

phil dampier @phildampier
Blink and you'd miss this! Story thrown away.

https://twitter.com/phildampier/status/668488102281945088

I know this is old but this is exactly what I came on here to find - I didn't learn about this until yesterday! Does anyone else find it a bit odd that this has been kept so quiet? Usually the tabs would be all over this sorta thing - especially given their royal connections. Thoughts?

It made a bit of a stir on several forums when the news first leaked out but then was quickly forgotten. I am a bit surprised that it didn't create a paragraph or two with Hardcastle, Sebastian Shakespeare and co. but perhaps they didn't hear anything of importance, no other person involved etc.

The Percy girls just don't seem to be lucky in their marriages. Katy Percy's marriage also broke up barely a year after her huge wedding at Alnwick. Tom and Missy had split up before, a few months before their engagement, as it was said Tom was seen in a nightclub with another girl. It's to be hoped that nothing like that occurred after marriage. I believe Katy is travelling in Asia with her mother the Duchess at the moment, divorce pending.

Oh , It are the girls who wore so badly their huge tiaras on their wedding day !

It is surprising that it didn't get much play in the press. Especially with how much Guy Pelly gets mentioned for every little thing. The split of William's best friend and daughter of Duke who got tons of wedding pub should have been bigger than Pelly's back taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Definitely surprised to hear that Lady Melissa and Tom's marriage has ended - and such a small piece in the press. Considering how much media coverage there was of the wedding. Tom and Melissa were at Charlotte's christening cause Tom is godfather.

Ok, glad I'm not the only one who was a bit surprised there wasn't more of it in the papers. Even a quick google search and you'd be hard pressed to find something. This would normally be headline news on the Daily Mail! Odd :ermm:

Viscount and Viscountess of Weymouth attended The Naked Heart Foundation's Fabulous Fund Fair in London on February 20:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
She was indeed; IIRC also during her funeral service one of Elvis' songs was played.

Lady Charlotte Wellesley engagement party

An engagement party was held in Cartagena, Colombia for Lady Charlotte, youngest daughter of the Duke of Wellington, and Alejandro Santo Domingo.
Pictures here: Compromiso Santodomingo Wellesley | Compromiso entre empresario e hija del noveno duque de Wellington | EL UNIVERSAL - Cartagena

The engaged couple: http://www.eluniversal.com.co/sites/default/files/201602/compromiso_santodomingo_wellesley_1.jpg

The Duke and Duchess of Wellington: http://www.eluniversal.com.co/sites/default/files/201602/compromiso_santodomingo_wellesley_2.jpg

The Marchioness of Douro (Jemma Kidd) with her sister-in-law, Charlotte (from Jemma's Instagram): https://www.instagram.com/p/BCWoSV2QEAx/

The 18th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne died on saturday 27 February 2016, aged 58, after a long illness.
He was the only son of the 17th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne (himself a first cousin of Queen Elizabeth II) and of his wife, née Mary Pamela McCorquodale.
He is succeeded in his titles by the eldest of his four sons, Simon.

An engagement party was held in Cartagena, Colombia for Lady Charlotte, youngest daughter of the Duke of Wellington, and Alejandro Santo Domingo.
Pictures here: Compromiso Santodomingo Wellesley | Compromiso entre empresario e hija del noveno duque de Wellington | EL UNIVERSAL - Cartagena

The engaged couple: http://www.eluniversal.com.co/sites/default/files/201602/compromiso_santodomingo_wellesley_1.jpg

The Duke and Duchess of Wellington: http://www.eluniversal.com.co/sites/default/files/201602/compromiso_santodomingo_wellesley_2.jpg

The Marchioness of Douro (Jemma Kidd) with her sister-in-law, Charlotte (from Jemma's Instagram): https://www.instagram.com/p/BCWoSV2QEAx/

The groom is Andrea Cassiraghi's Uncle in law. He and Tatiana's father are half brothers, though he is closer in age to his niece Tatiana. He was six when his niece was born. There is a 13 year age difference between the bride and groom, he is born in 1977 and she in 1990.

The groom is Andrea Cassiraghi's Uncle in law. He and Tatiana's father are half brothers, though he is closer in age to his niece Tatiana. He was six when his niece was born. There is a 13 year age difference between the bride and groom, he is born in 1977 and she in 1990.

Tatiana was born in November 1983, she's 32.

Tatiana was born in November 1983, she's 32.

I assume this is what you are talking about from my post

There is a 13 year age difference between the bride and groom, he is born in 1977 and she in 1990

I draw your attention to the BOLDED section where it says the BRIDE was born in 1990. The bride is Lady Charlotte. I was not speaking about Tatiana being born in 1990.

Earlier in my post I said that Alejandro (the groom) is closer in age to his niece then her father. Alejandro was born in February 1977, and as you pointed out she was born in November 1983. Which makes my statement that Alejandro was six when his niece was born, true. For the record Tat's dad was born in 1958, meaning he was 19 when his half-brother was born.

Sorry for any confusion, but when I was drawing a comparison between the ages of the bride and groom, I thought it clear enough I wasn't giving Tatiana's year of birth.:ermm:

Lady Melissa Percy, youngest daughter of the Duke of Northumberland, has been granted a “quickie” divorce from her husband Thomas van Straubenzee

It was a fairytale wedding that brought Alnwick to a standstill in the summer of 2013.

But now wealthy heiress Lady Melissa Percy, 28-year-old youngest daughter of the Duke of Northumberland, has been granted a “quickie” divorce in just 45 seconds from her husband of less than three years Thomas van Straubenzee.

The couple tied the knot in a lavish wedding at St Michael’s Church in June 2013.

It was without doubt the society wedding of the year.

But now District Judge Anne Aitken has said Lady Melissa was “entitled to a decree of divorce” due to her hubby’s “unreasonable behaviour”.
Read more: Duke of Northumberland's daughter divorced after less than three years of marriage - Chronicle Live

Something must've terribly gone wrong for them to get a quick divorce. I'm sure the Cambridge's, Harry, Chelsy and all their other friends must be sad for them and offering support.

I had read a little that they had a brief split before their engagement cause of his "unreasonable behaviour". Seems there may have be underlying problems for a long time and marriage was not the solution.

Last edited:
I assume this is what you are talking about from my post

I draw your attention to the BOLDED section where it says the BRIDE was born in 1990. The bride is Lady Charlotte. I was not speaking about Tatiana being born in 1990.

Earlier in my post I said that Alejandro (the groom) is closer in age to his niece then her father. Alejandro was born in February 1977, and as you pointed out she was born in November 1983. Which makes my statement that Alejandro was six when his niece was born, true. For the record Tat's dad was born in 1958, meaning he was 19 when his half-brother was born.

Sorry for any confusion, but when I was drawing a comparison between the ages of the bride and groom, I thought it clear enough I wasn't giving Tatiana's year of birth.:ermm:

So sorry about that, my mistake, I misread your post :confused:

'Unreasonable behavior' is a rather vague term....

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom