The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-15-2017, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope Princess Alexandra is ok. She had several engagements announced this week and hasnít attended any of them as per the Court Circular.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
I hope Princess Alexandra is ok. She had several engagements announced this week and hasnít attended any of them as per the Court Circular.

Thatís strange. The Palace usually announces if a member of the Royal Family is forced to cancel engagements through illness. Hoping that Her Royal Highness is well.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes that is unusual and I hope that she is well.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I also hope that Princess Alexandra is not sick for she always seems like such a gracious lady when at events for HM. I find it strange that the courts have not said anything about this for surely they would mention something if she was out sick won't they?
Old 12-15-2017, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

There was bad weather in the UK at the beginning of the week, so at first I though it was that. But now itís been three separate days and some of these events in London, so it doesnít make sense. Thereís always a chance that the website is wrong, which wouldnít surprise me at all.

These were the events in the diary on the royal family webpage:
∑ 12 December 2017
Princess Alexandra
President, Sightsavers will attend a Ceremony to mark the One Billionth Neglected Tropical Disease treatment at The Moller Centre, Churchill College, Storey's Way, Cambridge.
∑ 12 December 2017
Princess Alexandra
President, will visit the Fitzwilliam Museum Development Trust, Trumpington Street, Cambridge.
∑ 13 December 2017
Princess Alexandra
Patron, will visit St Christopher's Hospice, 51-59 Lawrie Park Road, Sydenham, London SE26 6DZ.
∑ 14 December 2017
Princess Alexandra
Patron, will attend the New Bridge Foundation Christmas Concert at the Parish Church of St George, Hanover Square, London W1.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:36 PM
Majesty

Apparently she is unwell and has been ordered to rest. Nothing serious.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-16-2017, 08:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
I also hope that Princess Alexandra is not sick for she always seems like such a gracious lady when at events for HM. I find it strange that the courts have not said anything about this for surely they would mention something if she was out sick won't they?
As far as I know, the palace does not ever comment on the health of any royal. Even when Philip is admitted to the hospital, that's all they will say is that he's been admitted. No further details. Same with the Queen.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-16-2017, 08:13 AM
Courtier

For minor royals they donít seem to be quite as closed. In 2013 around this time they announced that the Princess would be forced to cancel all engagements for almost 3 months because she had been diagnosed with polymyalgia (sp?) and then earlier this year they said that she had cancelled engagements because of a fall in which she sustained a broken wrist.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Apparently she is unwell and has been ordered to rest. Nothing serious.
Thank you for the info. Wishing Princess Alexandra a speedy recovery.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I hope Alexandra gets well soon. She is a very elegant and dignified lady and one of my favourites after HM of the older generation.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-16-2017, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

Totally agree with you HP, she is one of the most dignified of ladies in the royal circle to me. I always enjoy seeing her out and reading about her, she carries herself so well, and she is also a very beautiful lady. Wishing her a very quick recovery and up for the holiday happenings by HM.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Princess Alexandra as Patron visited the St Christopher's Hospice in London today, January 11 - one of the visits she had to cancel in December:

** Pic ** fb gallery **
Old 01-24-2018, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Princess Alexandra as President visited the Royal Star and Garter Homes in Surbiton, today, January 24. And as Patron of The Richmond Fellowship she visited The Old Moat Garden Centre in Epsom:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** profimedia gallery **
Old 02-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 31st January:
Princess Alexandra, Vice Patron, Royal Over-Seas League, this afternoon received Dr Diana Owen upon assuming her appointment as Director-General.

Her Royal Highness received the Earl of Arran (President) and Mr Andrew Cartwright (Chairman) and Miss Lydia Davis (Chief Executive) to relinquish the office of Patron of CCHF All About Kids (formerly Children's Country Holidays Fund) upon its merger with the Outward Bound Trust.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 6th February:
Princess Alexandra this afternoon visited Holophane Europe Limited, Bond Avenue, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Buckinghamshire (Sir Henry Aubrey-Fletcher, Bt.).

Court Circular 7th February:
Princess Alexandra, Royal Patron, Children and Families Across Borders, this evening attended the International Child Protection Dinner at the Residence of the Ambassador of the State of Kuwait in London and was received by His Excellency Mr. Khaled Al-Duwaisan.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 9th February:
Princess Alexandra, Patron, Tavistock Clinic, visited the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, 120 Belsize Lane, London NW3.

https://twitter.com/TaviAndPort/stat...98195420168197
https://twitter.com/TaviAndPort/stat...01354372845568
Old 02-13-2018, 02:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Alexandra attends last night at the Alzheimer's society's celebration concert at Buckingham Palace

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV3AjgVWkAACGkE.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV3AjgSXkAUZiPc.jpg
https://www.royal.uk/princess-alexan...kingham-palace

Princess Alexandra also met guests in The Picture Gallery of Buckingham Palace ahead of this evening's concert

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV3HtYoX4AAaYwY.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV3HtZFUQAAQ_FO.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV3HtYqX4AAnHd_.jpg
Old 02-27-2018, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 26th February:
Princess Alexandra this evening attended the Orchids Festival at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 1st March:
Princess Alexandra, Joint President, Cancer Research UK, this evening held a Reception at St Jamesís Palace.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:21 AM
Administrator

On Saturday, April 14, Princess Alexandra opened the Boathouse Restaurant and Shop in Glencaple, Dumfries:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** caerlaverock videos: The Boathouse Official Opening ** caerlaverock gallery **

Tags
angus ogilvy, princess alexandra, princess alexandra of kent