The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Gentry

I downloaded the original interview in order to read it in its entirety. I am on the fence with this one. Princess Michael clearly tries to stick to promoting her book at first, but the interviewer bluntly tells PMoK that the story will not run if she only talks about her book. From that point on the quotes (and the hilarity) begins

After thinking this over I believe that PMoK is either a marketing genius or simply way too forthcoming when asked a question. Perhaps it is a bit of both because there is a part of the interview where MC explains that she was "told rather crossly that one doesn't joke with the press."

Nonetheless, whenever I see a new interview published I get almost giddy nowadays. Too bad her interests are historical, because if they were comedic she would be raking in a fortune writing characters such as Hyacinth Bucket.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Michael of Kent: life beneath the tiara - Telegraph

Old 12-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Gentry

Not a bad article, she does look stunning for a 68 year old though.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Lenora,
Thanks for the article!
The current cycle of the articles about Princess Michael seems to focus on her comments about cutting down expenses. Is it good PR?
Princess Michael looks lovely on the photo.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Gentry

Thank you, Lenora I'm mesmerized by the accompanying photo:
  1. Decor = ummm, if you can't say something nice ....
  2. Princess Michael = amazing for 48. Oh, wait, she's 68. Make that "astonishing".
In America they have a show called "$#*! My Dad Says" and wouldn't it be fun to have a show called "$#*! Princess Michael Says"?
Old 12-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Gentry

My perfect weekend: HRH Princess Michael of Kent shares memories of a perfect Christmas at Kensington Palace - Telegraph
Old 12-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

On Thursday afternoon, December 19, Princess Michael of Kent has visited Harrods to sign copies of her new book "The Queen of Four Kingdoms". Harrods itself has shared some nice pics:

** Pics **
Old 12-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Gentry

New grandmother Princess Michael of Kent enjoys a festive lunch with the family

Photos and story
Old 01-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry could move into Kensington Palace apartment next to Prince William and Kate | Mail Online
Quote:
Prince Harry could move into a huge apartment at Kensington Palace next to his brother and sister-in-law, it has been claimed.
Princess Michael of Kent - who lives next door to William and Kate at the Central London palace - said Harry could move into the home currently occupied by the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge moved into an apartment at the palace last year that had been left vacant following the death of Princess Margaret in 2002.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
In the years to come, anything is possible but I really don't see Harry moving into an expansive apartment while he is still single. One thing that is news to me from this article is that it states that Harry has moved into a modest apartment that was once for a former staff member. I had thought he was going to move into Nottingham cottage but perhaps he just needs a smaller pied a terre for when he's in London. I find that very efficient.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Majesty

Didn't he move into the smaller apartment while William and Kate were in Nott Cott with the intention of replacing them in Nott Cott when Apartment 1A was ready for them?

If so he may still be there due to having been training for the Antarctic expedition and Christmas since William and Kate moved and hasn't yet had time to move - or maybe he has decided that he doesn't want to make another move.

It may also be that the Gloucesters or even the Michael's of Kent maybe moving into Nott Cott in the future as they downsize and then Harry's takes over one of their apartment - with Beatrice the other??????
Old 01-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Gentry

Hasn't this story been denied by the Gloucesters? They said they had no idea what Princess Michael was talking about since they had no plans to move.

Princess Michael is promoting a book and she has been rattling on in interview after interview about mostly herself but bringing in other members of the family when asked. She has always seem to be a loose cannon when it comes to royal gossip.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Courtier

To be honest I think the Kent's should move before the Gloucester's and its rude of Princess Michael to publicly suggest something about her extended that's nothing to do with her.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

I think you are right. Princess Michael has a book to promote, so will do anything to get her name into the papers. If that means speculating about future moves at KP, so be it. As she once famously said, "Anything for a hot meal!"
Old 01-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
As she once famously said, "Anything for a hot meal!"
What a shame for her to claim that she lives in austerity and shares Britons' troubles with recent economic downturn. Well, then why does she ride a BMW, a Rolls Royce and eat at fancy restaurants? Is that for free now? She has money to pay for it. I think what she is really complaining about is the fact the she actually has to pay for things. When marrying a prince from the world's most famous and illustrious royal family she probably expected an easy life on someone's expense with no effort from her own.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
When Princess Michael of Kent declared last month that she and her husband were enduring “austere times”, she provoked much mockery. Mandrake can disclose that the author does, however, have cause for complaint.
She and Prince Michael lost £175,789 at their company last year.
The couple, who are neighbours of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Kensington Palace, had been forced to write off £750,000 in losses at Cantium Services the previous year.
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent's company loses £176,000 in past year - Telegraph
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone recall the last year the company made money? It's called Cantium Services.

The DM (yes, I know) talked of running losses in 2008 - How will Princess Pushy pay the £120,000-a-year rent on Kensington Palace apartment? | Mail Online. I can find similar claims for more recent years.

On the other side of the issue, Cantium is represented as being able to consult effectively on almost any concern: His Royal Highness Prince Michael of Kent - Business

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 01-17-2014, 12:55 AM
Majesty

Interview:
HRH Princess Michael of Kent will give an interview on BBC Radio 4's show Saturday Live- Saturday 18th, Jan at 9am UK Time-
BBC Radio 4 - Saturday Live, Will Gompertz

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 01-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Michael of Kent: I'm a big fan of singing in the bath tub | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 01-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Majesty

Video Interview:
HRH Princess Michael of Kent talk about the late Diana, Princess of Wales and The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge-
theZoomer: Television For Boomers With Zip! Conversation with Conrad - Princess Michael of Kent - theZoomer: Television For Boomers With Zip!

Dr. Maya Angelou

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent