The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Imagine the shock when people see the real woman (well as real as botox will allow). As some have said, it is time she realised she is a minor royal, which is why she performs no official engagements.
LOL ~ It's true, tho. These ppl don't realize photoshopping only enhances Photos! A friend of a friend had that experince when meeting Nicole Kidman at a charity event. Ms. Kidman (who I think looks wretched even in photos) showed up and the collective gasp was practically audible. The friend said she looks like an old woman in real life. It was very awkward.

As for Pss Michael, the photo of them would have looked so much better if things had been left well enough alone. Liek I said, she's not an unattractive woman, but she looks like a woman her age as well she should.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pic 27.6.2008

Princess Michael of Kent watches from the Royal Box on
Centre Court during the Wimbledon Championships 2008
- Day 5 - at the All England Tennis Club in Wimbledon,
June 27, 2008

----> Pic

Old 07-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 3.7.2008

Prince Michael of Kent on Day 2 of the Royal Regatta Henley
Royal Regatta, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, Britain - 03 Jul

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 07-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Serene Highness

It's traditional for Royals to mark anniversaries and birthdays with formal portraits where they are wearing tiaras etc and Princess Michael is not unique, even among the "minor" Royals, in doing so. (ie Totally agree with Beatrixfan in relation to the Gloucesters having had numerous photos taken of themselves in regalia over the years. They may have a reputation for being low key but I have always wondered how much of that was their choice as I personally think that they love being Royal and they have certainly been Royally photographed more than all of the Kent family combined. But that is another story. As I said, I love this kind of thing anyway so I am not complaining.) In fact I am sure that most Royal watchers enjoy this side of things and am grateful to all the Queen's cousins for providing us with such images over the years as her immediate family seem to have all but given up when it comes to puting on a "show" as it were. The European Royal families are not at all shy about wearing their tiaras, orders ect on all sorts of occasions thus frequently creating a truly glittering and majestic display whilst in Britain these days anything similar is only on offer at the odd State Banquet. I can't understand this less formal approach as those who are against the Monarchy are against it anyway and the Royals are only making their supporters less inspired by such a dumbed down approach, IMO. So well done Princess M for providing some much missed Royal magic among the U.K. Royals.

P.S. I coudn't care less what the Daily Mail think as they don't seem to have a good word to say about any member of the Royal Family no matter what the circumstances.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Michael of Kent visit a Thai floating market feature, at Hampton Court Palace Flower Show on July 7, 2008 in London, England.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

giov,
Special thanks for posting photos!
The couple looked amazing as usual: happy and relaxed.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Pics 13.7.2008

Prince Michael of Kent attends the Cartier Style et Luxe Concours
at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on July 13, 2008 in Goodwood,
England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 07-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Lfi
Prince Michael of Kent attending the Mikhailovsky Ballet Press Night for Spartacus at the Coliseum in London, July 22 2008.
http://www.lfi.co.uk/search-action-n...page=0&epage=0
Old 07-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

I like Princess Michael and I enjoyed seeing some of the pics posted here that I've not seen before. IMO, the anniversary portrait looks terrific. It's formal, but not excessively so because Prince Michael's pose is a bit relaxed. I think it's perfectly natural for a woman to want to look her best (especially for a portrait of this nature) and this lady certainly does, quite consistently.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Pics 26.7.2008

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent at the wedding of Lady Rosanagh
Viola Alexandra Innes-Kerr to Viscount Grimston, Kelso Parish Church,
Scotland, Britain - 26 Jul 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 07-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince and Princess Michael looked great as usual. Princess Michale's outfit was intricately golden-light blue. I like the way she styled her hair and incorporated the matching flower fascinator. Also it is nice to see that the Duke of Roxburghe's daughter has found her love within the same social stratum.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Aristocracy

Al bina...

I agree. Princess Michael looks great, as always. I like her preference for larger jewelry as it looks very flattering on her.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

My goodness, Lady Rosanagh has grown up since we saw her as Prince Andrew's chief bridesmaid!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 22.7.2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
My goodness, Lady Rosanagh has grown up since we saw her as Prince Andrew's chief bridesmaid!
Well, we can't prevent them from growing

Poor Prince Michael is in the spotlight:
Prince Michael of Kent at the London Coliseum with an unidentified young woman, London Britain - 22 Jul 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Article:
Prince Michael and a camera shy blonde: Danish beauty is intriguing stand-in for Princess Pushy at the ballet
Old 07-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery from IBL
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/...2))&position=1
Old 07-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh my! She looks an awful lot like Marie-Christine!
And the socialite had lovely black shoes!!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Serene Highness

Another non-story from the Daily Mail. Prince Michael in "Female friend at ballet shock!" hardly has me rocking in my Royal watching shoes. It's sort of like they'd (the Mail) like to catch him in bed with another woman but in the meantime a female companion at the ballet will do. The Daily Mail might hate Princess M but they cannot force a marraige break-up either here or between Charles and Camilla, as much at it seems it would love to.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sex God he's not. The beard's too big, the jaw-line it conceals too indeterminate.

The oversize ties look like they're trying to hide something, and the manner's too diffident.

Yet has Prince Michael of Kent, at 66, got something the rest of us don't know about?

Payback time for Princess Pushy as husband Prince Michael cavorts with a young blonde | Mail Online
Old 08-02-2008, 04:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wasn´t Princess Michael the one that had to be told not to send her social engagements to the Court Circular as she wasn´t on the civil list? I agree that she looks good always and the photograph is beautiful but that is more to the credit of the photographer and retouching than to anything else. Like the portraits of old, this is very flattering. She is married to a cousin of the Queen, she has got noble ancestors but she has always thought herself more important than she really is, at least from my point of view.
On the other hand I think that Prince Michael is a good looking man for his age. He was always one of the most handsome in his family. His daughter, at least in her photographs, is beautiful.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Royal Highness

One thing I'd like to add on the airbrushing on that official portait, Princess Michael forgot to order more work done on her right arm....it looks slightly wider than the left arm which being in the foreground, should look bigger in comparison. The CGI team should have been able to trim down the scale while brushing out the wrinkles. The extra work might cost a bit extra, of course.

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent