The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Serene Highness

I think that the white blouse and black skirt would have looked very chic if she had worn her hair up and lost the cape but to be fair she only seemed to have it on on her way from the car to the venue and the pics of her inside look o.k.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Nobility

I still wanna look like that when I grow up!

Cat

Old 06-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
SHE'S haughty, gaffe-prone and been linked to other men but this month Princess Michael of Kent marks 30 years of a strange marriage few thought would last...
Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: Express Yourself :: Why Princess Michael's a royal survivor
Old 06-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Well this is news to me!

. . ."and two years ago she spent what was said to be a romantic break in Venice with a Russian tycoon called Mikhail Kravchenko, 21 years her junior."
Old 06-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think there was something about it in the threads at the time, if you want to go back and have a look. I'm sure you'll find some links to Mail stories there!
Old 06-07-2008, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 4.6.2008

Princess Michael of Kent pictured at the Partridge
Fine Art Gallery in London. UK. 4TH JUNE 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 06-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 30.5.+12.6.2008

St. Petersburg's Governor Valentina Matveyenko and Princess
Michael of Kent smile during an opening of the Imperial gardens
of Russia flowers exhibition in St. Petersburg on May 30, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Princess Michael of Kent watches during the Artois Championships
at The Queen's Club London on June 12, 2008

** Pic **
Old 06-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

AAAh! The first 3 pics make Marie-Christine look a bit washed out. But the one of her at the Queen's Club is smashing!
Thanks Ice!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Royal Highness

I think she just got botox or done something to her face. The smiles look really uncomfortable and like a mask.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Pic 23.6.2008

Princess Michael of Kent watches Roger Federer in action on
Centre Court during the Wimbledon Championships 2008 at
the All England Tennis Club in Wimbledon, June 23, 2008

-----> Pic
Old 06-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Official portraits of Prince Michael of Kent Princess Michael of Kent
taken to mark the occasion of their 30th Wedding Anniversary.
Pictured at Kensington Palace, London.

Of course the pics are nice, but me personally I would have prefered
some more natural ones, these here look too much photoshoped to me.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 06-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Nobility

Oh I love that dress. What gorgeous photos. Would love to see them in a bigger size.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Although photos were polished, Princess Michael looked amazing in this champagne-colour dress. Despite all rumours, they are together for such long period of time. This couple always manages to convey a vivid image of an ideal aristocratic marriage.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 06-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Courtier

DM article about their offical photographs and anniversary: 30 years on: How Princess Michael plays the younger woman... and the Prince plays the butler | Mail Online
Old 06-29-2008, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
I know I am cruel but.....
Quote:
She has attributed her dewy skin to good moisturiser and genes - a claim that raised the eyebrows of those still physically able. She has since credited 'botox and toyboys'.
I suppose she would need the botox to attract the toyboys!
Old 06-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Serene Highness

For once i agree with the D...Mail (OMG)... this portrait is definitively out of place, far too regal and "frozen". Pcess Michael will never understand that she's not a senior member of the BRF. Even the DOC doesnt'have a portrait in full attire like this...
Totally "far too grand for us"
Old 06-29-2008, 08:16 AM

I disagree. Princess Michael is a gorgeous woman and like it or not she is regal - she has a Royal ancestry, she is a Princess. She has the right to be photgraphed just as the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester were constantly photographed in similar poses during the 1980s. Princess Michael owns a tiara, she owns a wonderful wardrobe and if she wants an official portrait taken I don't see why she shouldn't. The Duchess of Cornwall has had official portraits taken, she just decided not to go the full works.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Serene Highness

This picture has been painfully photoshopped! Look at her arms. Not a wrinkle, crease, age-spot. This woman is my mother's age. My mum looks fantastic (and she's not had a hint of work) but she doesn't look like my sister. Pss Michael looks like her husband's daughter. What's wrong w her??? She looks very good for a woman of her age. Key words being For Her Age. Dang, we can't go back to being 29 so deal with it.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

While I agree that (1) Princess Michael should not try to go far with botox and other ways to preserve her youthful appearance; and (2) photos have been retouched to death (as I say it), I see nothing wrong with the couple in question taking this official portrait. I also think it is bad to drag Duchess of Cornwall into every thread. Princess Michael does not have to sell a humble image to British public as Duchess of Cornwall with the Clarence House have to do. Princess Michael knows that she is not liked, no matter what she does and does not do. So I dare to assume that she never does mind about the little things...
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 06-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
This picture has been painfully photoshopped! Look at her arms. Not a wrinkle, crease, age-spot. This woman is my mother's age. My mum looks fantastic (and she's not had a hint of work) but she doesn't look like my sister. Pss Michael looks like her husband's daughter. What's wrong w her??? She looks very good for a woman of her age. Key words being For Her Age. Dang, we can't go back to being 29 so deal with it.
Imagine the shock when people see the real woman (well as real as botox will allow). As some have said, it is time she realised she is a minor royal, which is why she performs no official engagements.

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent