Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roslyn said:
I, personally, am rather impressed by these Royal folk who say, "Stuff it! I love this woman, she makes my life worth living and I'm not going to give her up for anyone or anything." People who think that way make me care about them. Maybe it's the rebellious Colonial in me. :ROFLMAO:

But is it right to tell "Stuff it!" and do as you please? I mean, yes, it's okay, if you are really in love with a suitable girl or if you know that the girl is going to be alright, once her closet has been cleaned of all the old skeletons (like Haakon seemed to have known when he chose Mette-Marit who is now very accepted in Norway, as she is the typical "Sweet Norwegian Blonde").

But what if you want a girl who is not what your country expects you to marry? Don't you have a duty to your country? Isn't that what p***ed so many people off Diana (including me) - that she didn't do her duty towards the country when she started petty intrigues against the monarchy? Camilla is a prime example for a lady who does all she can for her country. That's why people start to come around and warm up to her, saying the past is the past and now we have a good example of a senior Royal.

Would people accept it if they are spurned by a pampered prince who insists on marrying an unsuitable candidate? And wouldn't the fact that the public perceived the bride to be not right for the prince not being such an enormous strain on the marriage that it is bound to break? I think of Masako of Japan and the question of an heir? Suddenly, after her sister-in-law has provided the necessary heir Masako is fit enough to perform public duties - no doubt in my mind that's because the enormous public pressure has been taken from her.

So, no, I don't think it's right if a prince choses only for himself and not for his country as well. After all, there must be amounts and amounts of suitable candidates around. Hey, even princess Mabel of the Netherlands has shown that she is not only the little piece of scandal who is responsible for her husband's lost place in the succession, but that she is in her work for charities a real asset to the Netherlands. Thus Johan Friso was not so wrong in staying firm in his will to marry her and no other - and the marriage is obviously a happy one with Mabel a respected daughter-in-law of the queen, even if she is not member of the Royal House.

Jo of Palatine said:
But is it right to tell "Stuff it!" and do as you please? I mean, yes, it's okay, if you are really in love with a suitable girl or if you know that the girl is going to be alright, once her closet has been cleaned of all the old skeletons (like Haakon seemed to have known when he chose Mette-Marit who is now very accepted in Norway, as she is the typical "Sweet Norwegian Blonde").

But what if you want a girl who is not what your country expects you to marry? Don't you have a duty to your country? Isn't that what p***ed so many people off Diana (including me) - that she didn't do her duty towards the country when she started petty intrigues against the monarchy? Camilla is a prime example for a lady who does all she can for her country. That's why people start to come around and warm up to her, saying the past is the past and now we have a good example of a senior Royal.

Would people accept it if they are spurned by a pampered prince who insists on marrying an unsuitable candidate? And wouldn't the fact that the public perceived the bride to be not right for the prince not being such an enormous strain on the marriage that it is bound to break? I think of Masako of Japan and the question of an heir? Suddenly, after her sister-in-law has provided the necessary heir Masako is fit enough to perform public duties - no doubt in my mind that's because the enormous public pressure has been taken from her.

So, no, I don't think it's right if a prince choses only for himself and not for his country as well. After all, there must be amounts and amounts of suitable candidates around. Hey, even princess Mabel of the Netherlands has shown that she is not only the little piece of scandal who is responsible for her husband's lost place in the succession, but that she is in her work for charities a real asset to the Netherlands. Thus Johan Friso was not so wrong in staying firm in his will to marry her and no other - and the marriage is obviously a happy one with Mabel a respected daughter-in-law of the queen, even if she is not member of the Royal House.

I don't necessarily think that the "Stuff it" approach is good thing, just that I can understand it and part of me admires and applauds it.

If the man loves her and she loves him, and the woman is generally suitable for the role, then the fact she has a "past", or is not royal by birth or well bred should not disqualify her.

IMO it is really only the two individuals involved who matter. I think that deciding on your marriage partner because of who "the people" like is a bad idea, because "the people" can be influenced by the wrong factors - as the Diana debacle demonstrated all too well.

Roslyn said:
I don't necessarily think that the "Stuff it" approach is good thing, just that I can understand it and part of me admires and applauds it.

If the man loves her and she loves him, and the woman is generally suitable for the role, then the fact she has a "past", or is not royal by birth or well bred should not disqualify her.

IMO it is really only the two individuals involved who matter. I think that deciding on your marriage partner because of who "the people" like is a bad idea, because "the people" can be influenced by the wrong factors - as the Diana debacle demonstrated all too well.

It seems we both have the same idea: it's enough if the prince is sure that she is suitable - she'll get her chance to prove that he was right later on and all will be alright then. It is a question of PR anyway - if Fergie eg had followed the rules, listened to image advisors and refrained from being caressed by a man other than her husband in a place reachable for paparazzi she could still be married today.

Once William decides that "Catherine" is the right one and they get public, we'll see a beautiful princess-to-be emerge from the rather bland Miss Middleton of today, I bet on it. How this will be done? Beautiful and expensive clothes, jewels, pictures at palaces and noble events and very soon people will start to see the facade of a princess rather than the person behind it. And if she has a bit of her own style and has a capable hand in her dealings with the media, we might even get a bit of "Catherine"-hype.

Jo of Palatine said:
It seems we both have the same idea: it's enough if the prince is sure that she is suitable - she'll get her chance to prove that he was right later on and all will be alright then. It is a question of PR anyway - if Fergie eg had followed the rules, listened to image advisors and refrained from being caressed by a man other than her husband in a place reachable for paparazzi she could still be married today.

Once William decides that "Catherine" is the right one and they get public, we'll see a beautiful princess-to-be emerge from the rather bland Miss Middleton of today, I bet on it. How this will be done? Beautiful and expensive clothes, jewels, pictures at palaces and noble events and very soon people will start to see the facade of a princess rather than the person behind it. And if she has a bit of her own style and has a capable hand in her dealings with the media, we might even get a bit of "Catherine"-hype.
Brilliant post Jo, and I think it's right on target.
I think that if Kate is William's choice she'll be sent through the 'Princess Transformation Process' that will turn her into the visual representation of the public's expectations.
Of course I could be wrong, but I halfway believe that they've already started working on her transformation, and that's why she's not pursuing anything else at this time.

Kate may come across as bland and unexciting, she may even be boring and ordinary-- but-- the RF isn't looking for superstars, they're looking for solid stability, reliability and dependability with a dash of youthfulness and fashion thrown in. They've had enough Fergie and Di type excitement to last a millenia.

It rather looks like Jo, Roslyn and TonyaR have hit the nail right on the head! :clap: :clap: :clap: I agree with everything you have written.

HRHAmy said:
Well I'm just going to throw in my two cents. I personally would like to see William and Julie Roberts together, I know it would probably never work because she's American and a country singer but I've met her and she's very nice and down to earth. She would also make a stunning princess!:rolleyes:

:ermm: Why is being a country singer a disadvantage?

Before you answer that you should probably know that I'm a country music fan. :ROFLMAO:

Queen Dolly has a nice ring to it.

if we're going out on a limb we might as well go all the way....queen paris?

TonyaR said:
Kate may come across as bland and unexciting, she may even be boring and ordinary-- but-- the RF isn't looking for superstars, they're looking for solid stability, reliability and dependability with a dash of youthfulness and fashion thrown in. They've had enough Fergie and Di type excitement to last a millenia.

I agree. IMO there's nothing wrong with boring and ordinary and a lot to be said for it. The Queen is rather boring and ordinary, and has done a very fine job for decades.

Duchess said:
if we're going out on a limb we might as well go all the way....queen paris?

No, there was no reason to go that far. :bash:

Roslyn said:
I agree. IMO there's nothing wrong with boring and ordinary and a lot to be said for it. The Queen is rather boring and ordinary, and has done a very fine job for decades.

i agree that the RF doesn't need another Diana or Sarah. someone more like the queen would be lovely.

Lovely but impossible. Our Queen is one in a million.

Roslyn said:
No, there was no reason to go that far. :bash:

ok ok not someone quite that "out there"...and with a lot more taste and class.

Roslyn said:
:ermm: Why is being a country singer a disadvantage?

Before you answer that you should probably know that I'm a country music fan. :ROFLMAO:

I'm a country music fan too, but theres a lot of people on here saying they want a ordinary/boring person to be Queen. I think they would highly disaprove of a country singer being the next Queen of England no matter how great of a person the individual is. I personally think that being a celebirty already would be an advantage, they know how to handle the press and paparazzi, they know how to carry themselves (most of them I wont put PARIS HITLON in this catagory) and they're used to being in the spotlight unlike all these young girls now who are not used to the public spotlight even after years of dating their princes:cool: .

Duchess said:
i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and hoping that you're not referring to Catholics, Jews and Muslims or their religious leaders as sludge?!:ohmy: as for Charles' desire to be "defender of faith" i thought it was a very noble gesture made in what has become world more and more focused on hate.

Sorry Duchess that I was lapse in what I was trying to say as I was trying hard not to offend and walking a thin line.:neutral: I wasn’t meaning that. I was referring to those who have crossed the border illegally bent on working the culture, customs and laws against those whose laws were written for. I was also referring to those who had criminal intent in mind with aims of bringing down the present government and making it very uncomfortable for the people who there when crossed illegally. I also mean to say even those legally there who come to the country knowing the laws and how to use them for gaining their agenda at the cost of government and its people.

The ongoing conversation about William and having him marrying outside his own ‘culture’ and ‘religion’ is another step into bringing down Britannica, its people, customs and culture. Our world is changing and has changed due to global nationalism, which is a good thing. However, Britannica needs her own ‘nationalism’ with a strong sense of ‘Britishness’ not being sacrificed by loss of custom, culture and people. The world needs the British people as they were in the past with fewer remaining in the present. I’d rather not to see Britain something alien in culture, customs and ‘Britishness’ in decades to come. I’m proud of what Britain once was as it was the home to my ancestors.

William needs to stay true to his British roots, his British culture and his British customs. He shouldn’t give up his Britishness, but regain the pride of being British and from Britannica. I would hate to see Britain become dust-balled like HMS Britannica, which was once the pride of the British Monarchy and people.

William is the future of the Monarchy and of Britain. He must not be pushed into surrendering himself nor the Isles for the sake of another agenda of disposing Britannica.:sad:

Duchess said:
it's the same the world over. you go to pretty much any country and you'll hear the people saying that. myself - i'd like to see him marry a british girl - religion doesn't matter. as for fitting in - diana didn't really fit in but the world loved her!:)

However, the world loves beautiful women who are very feminine. Beauty crosses both cultural and racial lines.:neutral:

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
Lovely but impossible. Our Queen is one in a million.

But there was Queen Mum and princess Margaret who both possessed quality - and what about Camilla? She has quality, too. So, there must be similar ladies in each generation and hopefully William will find one or "Catherine" turns out to be just that wehn we get a closer look at her. I agree, at the moment it doesn't look that way. She doesn't seem to be determined to be good princess material like Mary or Maxima or Mathilde were. She's more a Mette-Marit-type without the skeletons (yet) and you're IMHO right when you said in the past that while Mette-Marit was okay for Norway, she would never have made it in Britain. So... It's still open, I guess.

I thought about you comment about "boring Kate" - I guess it's because we never see her interested in something and thus with an animated face. Even when she is pictured with William she seems to be reserved or in a way amused that most people can't connect to. At least I never saw a picture with a real smile on her face, I saw her smiling politely but that's that.

Not the way young Diana Spencer smiled when pictured with the kids in her kindergarden. "Shy Di" was shy, but she seemed to find life fun. In a still childlike way, as if the world was full of wonders, a bit naive, but honestly amused. While Kate appears to be so worn out, so worldwise and case-hardened - her case being the girlfriend of a prince who can't afford to set her foot wrong if she wants to keep her man (and I believe she probably loves him and is seriously trying to be the right wife for him).

HRH Kimetha said:
Sorry Duchess that I was lapse in what I was trying to say as I was trying hard not to offend and walking a thin line.:neutral: I wasn’t meaning that. I was referring to those who have crossed the border illegally bent on working the culture, customs and laws against those whose laws were written for. I was also referring to those who had criminal intent in mind with aims of bringing down the present government and making it very uncomfortable for the people who there when crossed illegally. I also mean to say even those legally there who come to the country knowing the laws and how to use them for gaining their agenda at the cost of government and its people.

The ongoing conversation about William and having him marrying outside his own ‘culture’ and ‘religion’ is another step into bringing down Britannica, its people, customs and culture. Our world is changing and has changed due to global nationalism, which is a good thing. However, Britannica needs her own ‘nationalism’ with a strong sense of ‘Britishness’ not being sacrificed by loss of custom, culture and people. The world needs the British people as they were in the past with fewer remaining in the present. I’d rather not to see Britain something alien in culture, customs and ‘Britishness’ in decades to come. I’m proud of what Britain once was as it was the home to my ancestors.

William needs to stay true to his British roots, his British culture and his British customs. He shouldn’t give up his Britishness, but regain the pride of being British and from Britannica. I would hate to see Britain become dust-balled like HMS Britannica, which was once the pride of the British Monarchy and people.

William is the future of the Monarchy and of Britain. He must not be pushed into surrendering himself nor the Isles for the sake of another agenda of disposing Britannica.:sad:

However, the world loves beautiful women who are very feminine. Beauty crosses both cultural and racial lines.:neutral:

understood. :flowers:

I think that Prince William should marry someone whom he loves and feels comfortable with, and whom he can readily anticipate spending his life with.

If the CP of Denmark can marry an Australian and the CP of the Netherlands marry an Argentinian, I can't quite see that any particular nationality will automatically prove more suitable than any other to William or any other man.

Let's just hope that his final choice, be it Kate or another, will make him completely happy, whoever she is and wherever she's from.

Polly

Polly said:
I think that Prince William should marry someone whom he loves and feels comfortable with, and whom he can readily anticipate spending his life with.

If the CP of Denmark can marry an Australian and the CP of the Netherlands marry an Argentinian, I can't quite see that any particular nationality will automatically prove more suitable than any other to William or any other man.

Let's just hope that his final choice, be it Kate or another, will make him completely happy, whoever she is and wherever she's from.

Polly

Well said, I totally agree Polly.:flowers:

Polly said:

Polly

Quoted for truth. :)

Polly said:

Polly

I agree with you, Polly, because of the commonalities between the European and British people. As Mary is adjusting to a Danish culture and raising children as the Danes do, William's wife would have to do the same and rear them as the British do.

In addition, Maxima comes from a European Italian (?) line and has a lot of European culture in her background. I have some really good friends from Mendosa and between the German's and Italians and the culture there, Maxima shouldn't have any problems living in a European country. Except, of course, they don't serve mate (pronounced ma-tay) there, which is absolutely delicious and an Argentinian staple.

So, there's not many differences between those spouses and the crown princes, except for commoners and royalty. They have a strong ancestral European background.

Again, a strong kinship exists between those countries and their people's and the Europeans and Brits.

The Danes & Dutch are keeping with their roots, yet bringing in some fresh culture, not much unlike their own, but a little diverse for making the marriage a little more interesting.

I think William and Kate will make a fine couple as she brings in an interesting 'common folk' background, yet much like William.

I Belive if we are serious about "A For William" Kate is the Right choice (and furthermore I Belive they both know that) Belive me the press isnt pushing anything Kate or William havent already thought about themselves just my 2 pence

this thought occured to me yesterday and i wondered what others thought about it.

i wonder if william and kate were alread engaged and considering what happened with diana, BP is keeping it all quiet until william is finished his officer training and all things that come with it. this would be a good time to let Catherine learn a lot of the things that would be part of her new life as a Princess rather than the "baptism by fire" that diana and sarah had to go through. saying that william had to finish his responsibilities involved in training would be a good "mask" for keeping any announcement quiet for the time being. of course this is just my thoughts and wondered what others were thinking too?

I thought about Duchess, but I really don't think that is the case. When and if they do get engaged, I think it will more than likely be next year, and they probably will announce it right away, since Wills is the heir and all. But you could be right. There is always a possibility.

Heres my Theory, As far as I Know William will get his Commission on December 15th later that day They (Clarence House and Buckingham Palace) will annouce there engagement and admit that he proposed to her on the Bahamas Trip and that they will be known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex They will marry Between August 16th and December 25th 2007 at Westminster Abbey or St Geoges Chapel. Harry will be bestman

Duchess said:
this thought occured to me yesterday and i wondered what others thought about it.

i wonder if william and kate were alread engaged and considering what happened with diana, BP is keeping it all quiet until william is finished his officer training and all things that come with it. this would be a good time to let Catherine learn a lot of the things that would be part of her new life as a Princess rather than the "baptism by fire" that diana and sarah had to go through. saying that william had to finish his responsibilities involved in training would be a good "mask" for keeping any announcement quiet for the time being. of course this is just my thoughts and wondered what others were thinking too?
I totally agree with you Duchess. I think they already are marking time until they can become engaged. I don't think it will happen for another year or so -- doesn't he have to be at least 25 so that he doesn't formally need the Queen's permission? It goes without saying he'll want and need the Queen's approval, but that is a different matter.

Luv2Cruise said:
I totally agree with you Duchess. I think they already are marking time until they can become engaged. I don't think it will happen for another year or so -- doesn't he have to be at least 25 so that he doesn't formally need the Queen's permission? It goes without saying he'll want and need the Queen's approval, but that is a different matter.

As the spare to the throne, William must receive the permission of The Queen and the approval of the Prime Minister to marry, regardless of his age. I highly doubt The Queen is willing to entertain a marriage for quite some time. He's too young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom