Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have worded it better ... Frederic's jeans were not fitted properly and appeared to be big on him.

I knew what you meant. I like an outfit like that, but neither man could really carry it off. Mick Jagger looked fabulous, though.

Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News 1: September 2009-

A very odd article indeed. If the intended purpose was to highlight her patronage and the work it does, it’s failed miserably.

Last edited:
I agree. It's a really weird interview. Sophie complains about the regulations, tells that it is really hard for children from poor families to keep up with school - just after she admitted her family is doing rather bad in that area as well - and wants to get back to normal asap. Oh, and she has several patronages (that aren't even named) - including this new one because she is married to the queen's first cousin-once-removed and seemed interested in the cause during a conversation.

I agree. It's a really weird interview. Sophie complains about the regulations, tells that it is really hard for children from poor families to keep up with school - just after she admitted her family is doing rather bad in that area as well - and wants to get back to normal asap. Oh, and she has several patronages (that aren't even named) - including this new one because she is married to the queen's first cousin-once-removed and seemed interested in the cause during a conversation.

It doesn't seem to have any point..

including this new one because she is married to the queen's first cousin-once-removed and seemed interested in the cause during a conversation.

Sometimes that's all it takes: Member of the royal family (especially with a title) +interest = patronage, especially for a newer charity. I can see that she'd be interested in a charity that helps families through surgery in general after her family's ordeal but they didn't go in to detail, even though that was alledgedly the point if the article.

I think her point about poor and disadvantaged children was supposed to be that the schools and families don't have the resources available that she does. That has been a discussion during lockdown. She does admit that Thomas's is being fantastic with the teaching and what they have, just that she's terrible at making Maud do the work (and doesn't seem very sorry about it) so that's why she's going to be far behind. As opposed to someone that doesn't have the reasources, time or even computers to homeschool their kids.

The article was all over the place though and I think she had some points that got completely lost in the tone and meandering nature and talk about threatre roles and the connection missing on Zoom. I did roll my eyes at Tatler's little sly dig about being an actress best known "among certain a subsection of the population" as Channel 4's Peep Show's Susan.

Sometimes that's all it takes: Member of the royal family (especially with a title) +interest = patronage, especially for a newer charity. I can see that she'd be interested in a charity that helps families through surgery in general after her family's ordeal but they didn't go in to detail, even though that was alledgedly the point if the article.

I think her point about poor and disadvantaged children was supposed to be that the schools and families don't have the resources available that she does. That has been a discussion during lockdown. She does admit that Thomas's is being fantastic with the teaching and what they have, just that she's terrible at making Maud do the work (and doesn't seem very sorry about it) so that's why she's going to be far behind. As opposed to someone that doesn't have the reasources, time or even computers to homeschool their kids.

The article was all over the place though and I think she had some points that got completely lost in the tone and meandering nature and talk about threatre roles and the connection missing on Zoom. I did roll my eyes at Tatler's little sly dig about being an actress best known "among certain a subsection of the population" as Channel 4's Peep Show's Susan.

certainly not very impressive.. If she is not able to help her chilld learn and keep up, what hope is there for more disadvantaged children..

What a nice and brief interview. Online homeschooling have quickly become parents' worse nightmare!

certainly not very impressive.. If she is not able to help her chilld learn and keep up, what hope is there for more disadvantaged children..

I felt she was being honest.
Homeschooling isn't easy. I know I'd be fine with Literature, art, history, but abysmal with math and science.
Plus, it is difficult to keep to a structure as they do in schools.

Homeschooling isn't easy plain and simple :flowers:

People of all walks of life are going to find it hard. Yes people with money have the resources to perhaps hire tutors and such, but during covid that is limited to being done online like teaching. There are things that parents of all walks of life are battling with. Balancing their own work while homeschooling, trying to get kids to pay attention to the classes on the computer, disinterest of kids as missing friends, and like she said, just not getting the material herself. Its even harder for parents with older kids like high school and having to deal with chemistry or such homework. If you aren't a teacher, or haven't worked in an area that uses the field since you left school, you may remember very little.

She also has a small child at home who isn't schooling and who will likely also be a distraction to her sister.

I see nothing to criticize. She was voicing what most parents feel right now.

I loved the tidbit about Freddie and Isabella.

My hats are off to all parents during these trying times. I can't imagine its easy at all.

Sophie also says that Maud now attends the Hampshire School in Chelsea and that is where Isabella will also go in September. I wonder why Maud left Thomas's, I suppose they may have moved house.

Nice to hear from Sophie again. They're a lovely family; it's a shame they don't garner much interest from the public outside of royal watcher circles!

They seem to enjoy a low profile and more or less keep to themselves.

[.....]

[.....].

They even say that the couple lived in LA whilst Sophie was working as an actress after marrying without making it a big deal which everyone knows was not the case with H&M for completely different reasons. Their life in LA was even chronicled on this thread.

It's Sophie's own quotes that say she's been welcomed, no one has told her what she can and can't do career wise etc. [.....] She credits not being fazed by the BRF to her Marxist dad.

A lot of people in the UK know who "Big Suze from Peep show" is or have seen her in something, even if she's more of a HITG (hey, it's that girl!). Although you're right that most probably wouldn't recognise the family if they saw them in the street. Personally I wonder what anyone said about her being in the awful "The Palace" a not at all veiled take on Windsor Family Values the year before they got married.

I think being in the extended Windsors is generally quite a good place to be for a lot of the perks and not as much pain as the senior royals but even then it's not a guarantee. Freddie had his drug problems all over the press and Gabriella had her uni dating life chronicled unflatteringly at the time and then that ex sold a story of their time together. You're always at risk of having your mistakes splatted all over the press.

Any interview is inevitably going to draw some sort of "hey here's another actress who married in!" just as interest in the new Marchioness of Bath spiked but that doesn't mean they're doing it better because they aren't currently in LA.

I personally think Sophie has come across quite clueless in some of her interviews in the last year, but she's entitled to talk about her experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

I personally do not see anything wrong of Lady Frederick Windsor saying how supportive the Royal Family is. It's similar to how Sir Timothy Laurence and Mike Tindall expressed on how The Royal Family members were welcoming and making "newcomers" feel comfortable. Yes, there may be some clashes and difficulties, but overall, from what I have gathered, the environment/atmosphere of the Royal Family is positive.

I think there would be more backlash if Lady Frederick Windsor mentioned that The Royal Family is toxic and unsupportive. Imagine the ongoing headlines on how ungrateful she is with the privileges being part of the royal family:whistling:

I personally dislike the idea that you have to rebel and overthrow the ancient system to be empowered and satisfy, otherwise you are submissive or cowardice. It's almost like modernisation for the sake of it with no adquate reasons/intentions.

The Press is always out to get headlines and make endless comparison between Royal Family members and those in the Nobility not just in Britain, but around the world. [.....]

[.....]
I'm glad that Sophie found the Royal Family so welcoming. However, she wasn't a working Royal and there was no pressure on her from the tabloids or from any senior courtiers in BP to fit the mould of the BRF. How do we know that, faced with the same pressures, Sophie wouldn't have left the ranks of the working royals?

Moreover it is more than likely that Lord Frederick Windsor and his wife rarely see senior royals like Charles and the Queen more than two or three times a year at most. [.....]

[.....]

They even say that the couple lived in LA whilst Sophie was working as an actress after marrying without making it a big deal which everyone knows was not the case with H&M for completely different reasons. Their life in LA was even chronicled on this thread.

It's Sophie's own quotes that say she's been welcomed, no one has told her what she can and can't do career wise etc. [.....] She credits not being fazed by the BRF to her Marxist dad.

A lot of people in the UK know who "Big Suze from Peep show" is or have seen her in something, even if she's more of a HITG (hey, it's that girl!). Although you're right that most probably wouldn't recognise the family if they saw them in the street. Personally I wonder what anyone said about her being in the awful "The Palace" a not at all veiled take on Windsor Family Values the year before they got married.

I think being in the extended Windsors is generally quite a good place to be for a lot of the perks and not as much pain as the senior royals but even then it's not a guarantee. Freddie had his drug problems all over the press and Gabriella had her uni dating life chronicled unflatteringly at the time and then that ex sold a story of their time together. You're always at risk of having your mistakes splatted all over the press.

Any interview is inevitably going to draw some sort of "hey here's another actress who married in!" just as interest in the new Marchioness of Bath spiked but that doesn't mean they're doing it better because they aren't currently in LA.

I personally think Sophie has come across quite clueless in some of her interviews in the last year, but she's entitled to talk about her experiences.

Here's Town and Country's article [.....] It does imply that Sophie's terrible accident and the support she received from the Windsors likely impacted her view on them.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...sophie-winkleman-royal-family-car-crash-help/

Perhaps that experience contributed to her overall impression of the royal family, which is overwhelmingly positive. “I’ve been incredibly welcomed with open arms by all of them. I haven’t had a single negative experience,” she said. “The Queen’s been wonderful, Prince Charles has been wonderful, Prince William’s been heaven. They’d never tell me off at all if I wanted to play some [racy] role. Everyone’s looked after me. Oh God, please don’t make me sound too gushing.”

[.....]

IMVHO Sophie's terrible accident and year long recovery has likely made her and probably Freddie extremely grateful and thankful for everything that they have in life. So that includes her experiences and interactions with her husband's extended Windsor family members. I do believe that Charles arranged for his housekeeper and cook to provide meals for the family for a number of weejs while she was recuperating. William asked a colleague at the hospital to care for her. Sophie Wessex came to visit her in the hospital.

All in all it seems that Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor are a happy little family who are probably content with him being far down the line of succession and away from the life of senior royals.

This thread is about Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor, it is not the place to initiate discussion about, or comparisons to any other member of the royal family. Any further posts along those lines will be removed.

Please do not use unrelated threads to continue to rehash the kind of back and forth discussion that has resulted in thread closures.

Lady Frederick Windsor apparently spoke to Insider on her acting career and Royal Family with two articles being released.

She told Insider that while she considered changing her name to Windsor because it is "rather elegant," she ultimately decided against it because she was known in the industry as Winkleman.

(...)

"People in my business in America didn't know anything about it, because they'd just see 'Sophie Winkleman' on the sheet and I'd go and do the audition and then get the job or not," Winkleman said. "And they didn't find anything out about me. They just knew me from my acting, which was quite important to me."

Winkleman said she had fond memories of working with Kutcher on "Two and a Half Men," which aired its final episode in 2015. She said the actor was "a delight, and very clever" and would spend his breaks deciding which businesses to invest in.

(...)

"I can only speak from personal experience, but when I first went to Buckingham Palace to meet the Queen for the Christmas lunch, she was incredibly welcoming and kind," Winkleman said. "I've only had positive, caring, warmth from all of them."

(...)

"There's an immense level of deprivation in the UK. Children have been the main victims of the past year, and obviously their parents have been at a very high tension point because of financial worries, food worries, heating worries, and job worries," Winkleman said. "And when parents' tension goes up, the child is usually the scapegoat — and the violence that's going on hasn't really been talked about enough."

Winkleman said the charity had taken on a "safeguarding" role during the pandemic, ensuring that children who are living in disadvantaged or violent homes are being cared for.

"I feel that all babies are born the same. And I think if we don't fight for the ones in tough circumstances, we're not a society worth talking about," she added.
'Two and a Half Men' star Sophie Winkleman says nobody in Hollywood knew she was a royal
https://www.insider.com/two-and-a-half-men-sophie-winkleman-nobody-knew-royal-2021-3

The actress told Insider she doesn't understand the comparisons made between herself and the Duchess of Sussex.

(...)

But despite the parallels between the two women's lives, Winkleman says they are "terribly different people."

"I don't think you can compare us. She's on a humongous, mega, global scale, and that would be my idea of complete hell," the actress told Insider. "I try to help my beloved causes at a very sort of roots level. I try and do it just by spreading the word organically through the people I know."

"But I wouldn't be able to cope with that level of intrusion for one minute. I've never been on Facebook, Twitter, any of it. I don't like the thought of it," she added.

Winkleman said she didn't have to deal with that same level of intrusion because most people in the entertainment industry had no idea who she was while filming "Two and a Half Men."

(...)

It was recently announced the Queen's 95th birthday parade at Buckingham Palace will be canceled this year, which Winkleman described as a "massive disappointment."

"It's a joyful thing to be able to celebrate the Queen's birthday because she's very beloved," Winkleman said. "But it's probably not hugely safe for that many people to gather. Thousands of people come and watch that, so it's very responsible of them to not allow it to happen this year."

A Hollywood actress who married into the royal family says the attention Meghan Markle receives would be her idea of 'complete hell'
https://www.insider.com/sophie-wink...tent=referral&utmTerm=topbar&referrer=twitter

Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor attended a dinner hosted by Gabriela Peacock to celebrate her book "2 Weeks To Feeling Great" at The Pavilion Club in London yesterday, November 9:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Frederick's coat looks very warm. However, he does not have it buttoned. He is not the first man I have seen whose coat/jacket is unbuttoned or unzipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom