Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the couple and to big sister Maude. I wonder if Isabella comes from Sophie's family. Maude was a combination of royal/family names (Queen Maude, the queen, her mother's grandmother and father's grandmother). May I would think would be for the nickname of Queen Mary.

Mary of Teck (Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes) was informally called May.

Mary of Teck (Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes) was informally called May.

Yes, that would be the Queen Mary I was speaking of when I said her nickname was May.

My questioning was I am not 100% sure that is why they chose the name May.

No, the honorable is reserved for either the younger son of an Earl, or the children of a Baron or Viscount. Or a lord of parliament. Like the children of Lord Nicholas (the younger son of the Duke of Gloucester), Fred's kids don't have the honorific. Where as the children of David Linley, as the children of a Viscount, are the honorable. When he succeeds his father as Earl, his son will be Viscount Linley and his daughter will be Lady.

Lord Nicholas is the younger son of the Duke of Kent. Freddie's first cousin. The Duke of Gloucester only has one son, Earl of Ulster and two daughters

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Only two hits come up when searching "Lord Frederick Windsor" that refer to a new baby. Both are for Hello! magazine and neither site works. I wonder if something has happened to the baby? Anyone else have better luck?

The couple released the information exclusively through Hello magazine. I assume Hello is just having issues with their site.

If there was something wrong with the health of the baby they may have waited longer to announce. I doubt the baby just upped and died with no warning, hours after it was posted. I guess possible but highly unlikely.

Lord Frederick Windsor and Sophie Winkleman welcome daughter Isabella Alexandra May* | Daily Mail Online

are the couple back living in the UK as this little girl was born in London rather than Maud who was born in LA?

I think they divide their time between the two. Freddie works for JP Morgan and used to work out of London. And of course Sophie is an actress often in LA. Sophie was still in Two and a half men when Maude was born, which would explain why she was born in LA.

It was said in another article, that they had come back to London for Christmas. Not sure if they are back full time or will continue back and forth.

A belated congratulations to Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and little Maude!:flowers:

I'm quite surprised by the choice of Isabella, as it's rather modern sounding to me even though I know it's an old name. I thought they would choose a vintage name to compliment Maude, but Alexandra May wasn't as surprising. HM's middle names are Alexandra Mary, I wonder if they chose Alexandra May in honour of her, or if it's just a coincidence that those particular names were chosen in that order.

That means that there are now three royal children called Isabella; Princess Isabella of Denmark, Isabella Windsor and Princess Isabella of Savoy.

Last edited:
A belated congratulations to Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and little Maude!:flowers:

I'm quite surprised by the choice of Isabella, as it's rather modern sounding to me even though I know it's an old name. I thought they would choose a vintage name to compliment Maude, but Alexandra May wasn't as surprising. HM's middle names are Alexandra Mary, I wonder if they chose Alexandra May in honour of her, or if it's just a coincidence that those particular names were chosen in that order.

That means that there are now three royal children called Isabella; Princess Isabella of Denmark, Isabella Windsor and Princess Isabella of Savoy.

What a pretty name and have always thought Isabella and Alexandra really sounded lovely together.

Belated Congratulations to the Windsors and Big Sister Maud!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think Alexandra is likely in honor of Princess Alexandra, the baby's great Aunt. Elizabeth was honored as one of Maude's names. As for order, IMO it likely is just a matter of flow. May in the middle wouldn't flow as well.

But I agree, as old as Isabella is, I was expecting something old-fashioned after Maude.

I think they chose May in honour of her gr-gr-grandmother Princess May of Teck (later Queen Mary)

I think Alexandra is likely in honor of Princess Alexandra, the baby's great Aunt. Elizabeth was honored as one of Maude's names. As for order, IMO it likely is just a matter of flow. May in the middle wouldn't flow as well.

I took that into consideration too when I posted, though I was just curious so thought I would share my sentiments. :)

I think they chose May in honour of her gr-gr-grandmother Princess May of Teck (later Queen Mary)

I think it's likely that you could be correct, particularly given that Alexandra is a family name too.

So this little one is brunette, I remember being surprised at Maud having light coloring in contrast to her parents.

I'm pretty sure this will be their last child. After Maud was born they were already talking about stopping at one, with a small possibility of having a second. The way Freddie talks in this interview, I would say this is it.

Interesting tidbit about George and Maud getting on well. With them being 3rd cousins once removed I bet the British press will be trying to matchmake them in the future.

Also, I'm a little sad Maud wasn't in the photo. I hope she recovered from her burns.

Oh, little Isabella is adorable. I wasn't surprised that they were featured in Hello as they did the same when Maud was born. From what both Freddie and Sophie are saying, it seems that Maud and Isabella are much loved children, which is great to see.

It was also cute to hear about the family's relationship with the Cambridges. I can imagine that when she's older, Isabella will join George and Maud in their playtime. :)

I will see if I can purchase this edition of Hello, it would be interesting to see the full interview and any additional photos.

Also, I'm a little sad Maud wasn't in the photo. I hope she recovered from her burns.

What happened to Maud? I don't remember reading about that in the article.

I'm not surprised by this article but it's always nice to see other family members. Isabella is a cutie and looks a bit like her sister if I remember correctly. Shame Maud isn't in any of the photos but still nice to see Freddie and Sophie.

It's also nice to read that the family seem friendly with one another. Eugenie visiting them, they say Sophie Wessex has been very helpful and they are staying with Peter and Autumn at some point. Very nice to see them all close and friendly.

He has never struck me as a very "healthy" looking person. He has a very unhealthy pallor about him along with the bags and dark circles under his eyes. :ermm:
I wonder if he has a good personality that made his wife take a 2nd look at him, cause in my opinion, he is not a good looking person. I don't mean this to be mean or rude, but I'm sure that's how this comes across.

This is definitely a case of the wife being close to a 10 and the husband being close to the low end of the scale.
Cute baby, didn't know they had 2 wonder what the older daughter looks like.

What happened to Maud? I don't remember reading about that in the article.

In July, the Daily Mail reported that Maud had suffered severe burns by a Halloween costume mishap back in 2014. They were vague on the details but I’m guessing she wore a flammable costume and she got too close to an open flame, maybe a lit Jack-o'-lantern.

This is definitely a case of the wife being close to a 10 and the husband being close to the low end of the scale.
Cute baby, didn't know they had 2 wonder what the older daughter looks like.

Here’s Maud's profile picture from two months ago.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...ina_Windsor_Lady_Gabri-a-37_1450304170100.jpg

That was not Maud Windsor but her cousin, a daughter of Sophie Winkleman's sister who was burned.

Last edited:
That was not Maud Windsor but her cousin, a daughter of Sophie Winkleman's sister was was burned.

I guess I mixed my Winklemans.:lol:

Looking back at the blurb, they used a picture of Sophie instead of Claudia so that's probably why my brain associated the story with Sophie. Thanks for the correction, I'm glad to know Maud's okay. :flowers:

Truly scary reading. Little Matilda (8) was saved by the fast thinking of the father of one of the other kids at the house they were trick or treating at. The man sufferd second degree burns to save her from further harm. She had to have several surgeries and be in hospital for weeks as it was.

Oh my gosh that is so horrible. I hardly see jack o lanterns so never thought about how dangerous they are to many of those costumes; especially if they are flowy like Elsa or Malefecient.
Thank gawd for that mans quick thinking.

I think your best bet would be to find the magazine online or perhaps someone here could post a link to the magazine article online.

I think scanning a magazine would infringe on the publisher's copyrights.

Do Maud and Isabella have titles as well e.g. The Honourable or are they plain Miss Windsors? I have already
been wondering for some time. :)

Do Maud and Isabella have titles as well e.g. The Honourable or are they plain Miss Windsors? I have already
been wondering for some time. :)

They are just "plain" Windsors. :flowers:

I purchased the edition of Hello this morning and have read the full interview with Freddie and Sophie. I like them very much, they seem like a very normal and down to earth couple. The details about Maud's interests are adorable and it appears that they have a close connection with a lot of members of the RF. I thought that in a lot of the photos, Freddie looked a lot like Prince William and there was one photo where baby Isabella looked a little like her mother, though I guess overall it's too early to tell who she looks like.

Is there anyone who can scan the magazine? Thanks!

You can find an online version of the article here:
TAKE A PEEK

You have to flick through the pages until you get to Freddie and Sophie's interview, but it should all be there. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom