British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and The Duke of Kent at the service at Westminster Abbey today.

Videos:
The Royal Family have arrived at Westminster Abbey for this morning's service of thanksgiving for the 70th anniversary of VE Day. David Cameron and other prominent politicians were also in attendance-

Home - ITNSource News

The Royal Family joined more than 1,000 veterans at Westminster Abbey and Horse Guards Parade today to mark the 70th anniversary of VE Day. The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales and others all attended a service of thanksgiving to remember those who sacrificed their lives during the Second World War, alongside the Prime Minister David Cameron, other party leaders, and many current and former members of the armed Forces-
Home - ITNSource News

Mr Cameron looked relaxed following the rigours of campaigning during the General Election as he sat and chatted with veterans who were enjoying refreshments in the Royal British Legion marquee in St James's Park. .
Home - ITNSource News

The Queen looks wonderful. So does the Duchess of Cornwall, but especially the Queen. How Phillip can walk with all those medals is beyond me. The Scottish first minister looks like she's sucking on a lemon. The Duchess of Cornwall, POW, and PM look to be a hit with the veterans. Love the pic with the Duchess and the little girl and the bouquet. Anybody see actor Robert Hardy?

Last edited:
Clarence House @ClarenceHouse · 4h 4 hours ago
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall outside their home following #VEDay70 commemorations today.
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/597400622028234752

But, inside, what lurks? Probably looks like every holiday extravagant looking decor left a piece of it's splendor in places. The banister looks freshly coated. hmmm.. Boo. lol, no, seriously, not trying to scare you, but, I really don't know. Guessing a pleather couch in perhaps butter colored watered down with a darker brown and fake lambswool rugs because they actually wash. Perhaps a pigmy goat living in a guest room fashioned as a barn. The kitchen, I wonder. Living room. hmm. Perhaps a layer of the good dirt that thwarts mutations thick enough to sprout a seedling on the surface. Perhaps a kitchen like a huge smoothie bar with an island as the table? The kind of furniture that people might of bequested (willed)him. Bathroom I guess a large walk in shower no tub, a few spouts. Grey and brown shades of pink. Oh not my biz, lol. The fridge, hmmm, maybe restaurant style walk in freezer, restaurant style fridge. That being a private residence, I hope they have all they need and most of what they want.

Last edited:
The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke of York, The Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal, The Duke of Kent and the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were at Guard's Chapel today for the Memorial Service for Arthur Wellesley the 8th Duke of Wellington, Knight of the Garter.

No idea where Edward was...

Last edited:
The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke of York, The Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal, The Duke of Kent and the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were at Guard's Chapel today for the Memorial Service for Arthur Wellesley the 8th Duke of Wellington, Knight of the Garter.

No idea where Edward was...

Was there any pictures of the Duke of Kent?
Princess Alexandra was also absent.

Does anyone know if the memorial service was before or after the garden party?

Thanks

Something quite not right

https://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/CourtCircular/Todaysevents.aspx

Something is not quite right with the court circular.

It has the Gloucesters attending the memorial service for the Duke of Wellington with a picture of Camilla.

The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra are also listed as attending. (Did they attend but not photographed?)

No mention of The Queen and Camilla at the Windsor Horse show but maybe that was a private event as The Queen was dressed down.

The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra probably attended but weren't photographed. This is not unusual for the more minor members of the BRF.

Prince and Princess Michael did attend - were photographed - but not in the CC.

The Windsor Horse Show is a private event and as such is not mentioned in the CC.

Andrew and Beatrice's attendance at the Beacon Lighting is also not in the CC although the Beacon lighting itself is.

Not everything they do in the public domain qualifies as an official engagement in the mind of HM and she is the one who decides what is in and how it is worded.

I have seen that picture of Camilla used before for the Duchess of Gloucester. Normally when they are both doing something it is the Duke's picture that is used.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Gloucester has her own photograph on the Court Circular.

I am just wondering if the person who had the engagement the person mentioned in the text (Duchess of Gloucester) or the person in the photograph (Duchess of Cornwall)?

The CC says the engagement was carried out by the Gloucester's but they put up the Duchess of Cornwall's picture. That happens on occasions where the picture is wrong.

I don't even look at the pictures anymore but simply read the text.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1h 1 hour ago
The Duke of Edinburgh, Princess Anne & The Wessexes vist the Isle of Wight on 5 June for Royal Yacht Squadron bicentenary celebrations

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1h 1 hour ago
They will visit the RYS Fleet Review, a church service at Holy Trinity Church & a Beating Retreat followed by dinner.

Nice to see them all attending. Edward and Sophie were already listed to attend but it's nice that Philip and Anne are going now.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 7s 8 seconds ago
The Queen, Countess of Wessex and Princess Anne will attend the centenary meeting of @WomensInstitute at the Royal Albert Hall on 4th June.

https://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/CourtCircular/Todaysevents.aspx

Something is not quite right with the court circular.

It has the Gloucesters attending the memorial service for the Duke of Wellington with a picture of Camilla.

The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra are also listed as attending. (Did they attend but not photographed?)

No mention of The Queen and Camilla at the Windsor Horse show but maybe that was a private event as The Queen was dressed down.

Full list of Royal Attendees were HMQ, DoE, PoW Dss Cornwall, DoY, CWessex (also representing EoW), PR and Tim Laurence, D&DssGlos, DoK and Princess Alexandra.

Source is the CC from the Times

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 3h 3 hours ago
The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles & Prince Harry will attend the Gurkha 200 Pageant at the Royal Hospital Chelsea on 9 June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom