British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What wonderful photos it's great to see such a happy little boy

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Not a surprise. Tomorrow's front pages are dominated by little Prince George

Martin ‏@CourtierUK 3h3 hours ago
Garter day tomorrow! Royal Family will join The Queen at Windsor Castle, along with ordinary Garter members, for procession & service.

800th Anniversary of Magna Carta as well - which the Queen will be attending - don't know of any others.

Queen, Philip, William, Anne and Tim I believe are going to Runnymede for the Magna Carta event

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous: Tomorrow proves to be a great day for royalty-watching.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The Queen and other senior royals have arrived at a special event to mark the 800th anniversary of the sealing of the Magna Carta at Runnymede, Surrey.

The site is where King John accepted the historic document that limited the power of the Crown on 15th June, 1215.
More: Queen to mark Magna Carta's 800th anniversary - ITV News

The Queen, her husband the Duke of Edinburgh and their grandson Prince William have joined the Prime Minister at the site where the Magna Carta was granted 800 years ago to lead today's anniversary celebrations.

King John accepted the historic document that limited the power of the Crown on June 15, 1215, on the bank of the River Thames at Runnymede near Old Windsor in Surrey.

Senior members of the Royal Family and other dignitaries, including the Archbishop of Canterbury, came together with the reigning monarch - who is patron of the Magna Carta Trust - at the same site where the charter was first sealed.
More: The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh and Prince William join David Cameron at Runnymede for 800th anniversary of Magna Carta | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Videos:
The Queen and other senior royals have attended an event marking the 800th anniversary of Magna Carta. The ceremony at Runnymede in Surrey, close to the River Thames, is where King John of England sealed the original document in 1215. The charter first protected the rights and freedoms of society as well as establishing that the King was subject to the law rather than being above it. Prime Minister David Cameron made a speech at the event..

Home - ITNSource News

Celebrations marking the 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta have been launched by the Duke of Cambridge with the unveiling of artwork symbolising one of the document's most important clauses. On the site at Runnymede where King John accepted the historic document that limited the power of the Crown, William was given a first glimpse of the installation piece called The Jurors by artist Hew Locke-
Home - ITNSource News

First- HM has great dog skills, and William has great people skills. From sitting regally on a chair, to playing with kids in 5 minutes.
Second- Can we have photos of William like that about once a week?:D

First- HM has great dog skills, and William has great people skills. From sitting regally on a chair, to playing with kids in 5 minutes.
Second- Can we have photos of William like that about once a week?:D

William, Kate, Harry, Sophie, and even Charles and Camilla for their age, have good people skills. The same can be said about the Queen Mother and Diana.

The Queen is shy and reserved, but she is a very kind, warm, caring, forgiving and non-judgmental lady who has devoted her life to duty. And I love when she bends gently toward children with her beautiful smile to receive flowers and says, is these for me or thank you my dear, it's very kind of you. From 1970 to 2012, when she did her walkabouts, she walked gently around and smiled at everyone. I experienced it myself in 2006, the day she turned 80.

William, Kate, Harry, Sophie, and even Charles and Camilla for their age, have good people skills. The same can be said about the Queen Mother and Diana.

The Queen is shy and reserved, but she is a very kind, warm, caring, forgiving and non-judgmental lady who has devoted her life to duty. And I love when she bends gently toward children with her beautiful smile to receive flowers and says, is these for me or thank you my dear, it's very kind of you. From 1970 to 2012, when she did her walkabouts, she walked gently around and smiled at everyone. I experienced it myself in 2006, the day she turned 80.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's stories like this that give us a glimpse of what these people are like in person, even if only in official capacity.

Oh , I am not criticizing the Queen. I admire her greatly too. I was just pointing out that I liked the picture of her with the dog, and of William with the kids. But I guess the way I worded it, it came out that William was Mr. Most Wonderful Thing Since Sliced Bread , while HM was only good enough for the dogs. That was'nt my intention. It never is. But I probably have a tendency to sound like that, because I am such a William fan. But I greatly admire and respect the Queen. And as for William , Kate, Harry, Sophie, and Diana having people skills, you are preaching to the choir! I so agree. I'm a big fan of all those people.

:previous: That's a lovely video. Love,the footage of George and Kate going down the hill :D.

Video:
The Queen has held a reception at Buckingham Palace last night, to celebrate the success of exceptional young people from across the Commonwealth. The event, which is part of The Queen's Young Leaders' Programme, recognises the achievements of 18-29 year olds from countries including Kenya and Uganda as well as the UK. Former Prime Minister Sir John Major and British football legend David Beckham both spoke at the event, congratulating the winners-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Queen has held a reception at Buckingham Palace last night, to celebrate the success of exceptional young people from across the Commonwealth. The event, which is part of The Queen's Young Leaders' Programme, recognises the achievements of 18-29 year olds from countries including Kenya and Uganda as well as the UK. Former Prime Minister Sir John Major and British football legend David Beckham both spoke at the event, congratulating the winners-
Home - ITNSource News
Also present were The Duke of York, Princess Beatrice of York, and Princess Michael of Kent, according to Twitter.

Also present were The Duke of York, Princess Beatrice of York, and Princess Michael of Kent, according to Twitter.
Also attending were the Duke of Gloucester and Prince Michael, as we can see on the photographs from the reception. Quite big representation!

Prince Michael of Kent, Viscount and Viscountess Linley, Lady Sarah and husband attended the the Carter Style & Luxury Lunch at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in Chichester in June 28:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Eugenie, Tom Parker Bowles and wife Sara, Laura Lopes and husband Harry attended the Quintessentially Foundation and Elephant Family's Royal Rickshaw Auction presented by Selfridges at Lancaster House today, June 30:

** gettyimages gallery **

The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Eugenie, Tom Parker Bowles and wife Sara, Laura Lopes and husband Harry attended the Quintessentially Foundation and Elephant Family's Royal Rickshaw Auction presented by Selfridges at Lancaster House today, June 30:

** gettyimages gallery **
Aeyesha Shand, Annabel Elliot, Ben Elliot, Ben Goldsmith and Lady Annabel Goldsmith also attended this auction.

Last edited:
The Telegraph had wrote that William and Catherine would attend, but I think they meant Charles and Camilla.

How lovely to see Mark Shand's family and friends but then this event is about Mark Shand and his foundation.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h1 hour ago
Prince William will join the Queen and several other royals marking the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain on July 10.

Several members of the Royal Family will view a RAF flypast during an enhanced guard change at Buckingham Palace on July 10.

The Queen, Philip, William, Andrew, Edward, Sophie, the Dukes of Gloucester and Kent, Prince Michael, and Princess Alexandra will be there.

Philip, William, Edward, Sophie, the Dukes of Gloucester and Kent, and Princess Alexandra will join the six surviving pilots at a lunch.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 6m6 minutes ago
While I fully support maternity leave as a former RAF wife it would be great to see Kate attend the Battle of Britain Anniversary next Fri.

I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom