British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will visit France on 30 June & 1 July to mark the centenary of the Battle of the Somme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles and Camilla and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester will join them on the 1st July.

Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Andrew, Princess Alexandra, Prince Michael and Princess Michael are at the Epsom Derby today.

Queen is clad in her favourite colour blue as she attends Epsom Derby Day* | Daily Mail Online
The Queen enjoyed a nail-biting finish to Derby Day today where Harzand overcame a last-minute scare to clinch victory from the race favourite.

Clad in a sky blue coat, a white and blue patterned dress and complimentary accessories, the Queen braved gloomy but improving weather to watch rider Pat Smullen hold off a late challenge by the US Army Ranger in the final metres.

Harzand becomes the fifth winner for owner Aga Khan, despite his horse being a doubtful runner earlier in the day. This morning he had lost a shoe and even had blood coming out of his foot as a result.

The winner is the son of 2009 champion Sea The Stars and after losing a horseshoe his front foot needed to be iced.

Prince Philip and Queen at Epsom Derby as they pay respects to Muhammad Ali | Royal | News | Daily Express
Dressed in a royal blue and white outfit, the 90-year-old monarch smiled and waved to the cheering crowds as she was driven along the racecourse to the winner's circle in a Bentley.

Despite having to pull out of Monday's Battle of Jutland celebrations on doctor's orders, Prince Philip appeared in good spirits ahead of his 95th birthday on Friday.

Lovely pictures from Cardiff

Wrong place to put this - but I wanted to capture this. Mod's I did troll through the British Royals Map for a better location and I am at a loss.
I cannot tell you how many times I have tried to figure this out in my head. Here is a brilliant graphic of the various distinctions between GB, the UK, etc.
https://twitter.com/galka_max/status/740197138462707715

9th June 2016
The Countess of Wessex
Chair, Women in Business (promoting The Duke of Edinburgh's Award) and The Earl of Wessex will attend a gala dinner to celebrate the Diamond Anniversary at Stoke Park Golf and Country Club, Park Road, Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire.

The Duke of Edinburgh
Patron, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, will attend a gala dinner to celebrate the Diamond Anniversary at Stoke Park Golf and Country Club, Park Road, Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire.

Sir Roger Moore, Dame Judi Dench and David Walliams are some of the people attending the gala.

:previous:

That one looks like a giant PacMan Commonwealth is devouring all the others :D

But thank you AdmirerUS for posting both graphics, very handy in understanding the different terms.

Video:
The Duke of Edinburgh and The Earl & Countess of Wessex at the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Gala-
Home - ITNSource News

Sounds like the Earl and Countess have an American Private Secretary.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h2 hours ago
The Duke of Cambridge and Duchess of Cornwall were introduced as members of the Privy Council last night, the Court Circular records.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h2 hours ago
Unusually, Prince Philip also attended the Privy Council meeting with the Queen and her advisers.

I was waiting for William to become a member of the Privy Council.

I think it's very cool that the Duchess of Cornwall was also added.

Clear preparation for when Charles is King and a mark of how she is valued by the Queen.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I was waiting for William to become a member of the Privy Council.

Well, William is already a Counsellor of State. If that's the same thing. It's new to hear of Camilla being involved though.

Last edited:
It's not the same as a councilor of state. There are over 650 members of the privy council. They are the advisors to the monarch. The councillors of state fill in when the monarch is out of the country. Who can be a CoS is defined by law- first 4 adults in line of succession plus consort. So Camilla will be one when Charles is King.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think it's very cool that the Duchess of Cornwall was also added.

Clear preparation for when Charles is King and a mark of how she is valued by the Queen.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Spot on. It's clearly a new mark of respect from the Queen.

At the Court at Buckingham Palace

The 9th Day of June 2016

Present,

The Queen's Most Excellent Majesty In Council

This day His Royal Highness, Prince William, The Duke of Cambridge, KG., KT., was, by Her Majesty's command, introduced to Her Majesty's Most Honourable Privy Council

---------------

At the Court at Buckingham Palace

The 9th Day of June 2016

Present,

The Queen's Most Excellent Majesty In Council

This day Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Cornwall, GCVO., was, by Her Majesty's command, introduced to Her Majesty's Most Honourable Privy Council

Last edited:
On June 10, there was a Senior Colonels Conference and Dinner at Buckingham Palace.

Chaired by The Duke of Edinburgh, in attendance were The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge, The Earl Of Wessex, The Princess Royal and The Duke of Kent.

Source - Court Circular

Last edited:
It's not the same as a councilor of state. There are over 650 members of the privy council. They are the advisors to the monarch. The councillors of state fill in when the monarch is out of the country. Who can be a CoS is defined by law- first 4 adults in line of succession plus consort. So Camilla will be one when Charles is King.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

One additional qualification is that they must be resident in the UK.

The Queen is empowered to disqualify a person residing abroad from being a Counsellor of State, but she is not legally obligated to.

Regency Act 1937

Provided that, if it appears to the Sovereign that any person who, in accordance with the foregoing provisions of this subsection, would be required to be included among the Counsellors of State to whom royal functions are to be delegated, is absent from the United Kingdom or intends to be so absent during the whole or any part of the period of such delegation, the Letters Patent may make provision for excepting that person from among the number of Counsellors of State during the period of such absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom