The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2015, 07:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen has held a reception at Buckingham Palace last night, to celebrate the success of exceptional young people from across the Commonwealth. The event, which is part of The Queen's Young Leaders' Programme, recognises the achievements of 18-29 year olds from countries including Kenya and Uganda as well as the UK. Former Prime Minister Sir John Major and British football legend David Beckham both spoke at the event, congratulating the winners-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-23-2015, 09:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
The Queen has held a reception at Buckingham Palace last night, to celebrate the success of exceptional young people from across the Commonwealth. The event, which is part of The Queen's Young Leaders' Programme, recognises the achievements of 18-29 year olds from countries including Kenya and Uganda as well as the UK. Former Prime Minister Sir John Major and British football legend David Beckham both spoke at the event, congratulating the winners-
Home - ITNSource News
Also present were The Duke of York, Princess Beatrice of York, and Princess Michael of Kent, according to Twitter.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
Also present were The Duke of York, Princess Beatrice of York, and Princess Michael of Kent, according to Twitter.
Also attending were the Duke of Gloucester and Prince Michael, as we can see on the photographs from the reception. Quite big representation!
Old 06-29-2015, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Prince Michael of Kent, Viscount and Viscountess Linley, Lady Sarah and husband attended the the Carter Style & Luxury Lunch at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in Chichester in June 28:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 06-30-2015, 04:49 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Eugenie, Tom Parker Bowles and wife Sara, Laura Lopes and husband Harry attended the Quintessentially Foundation and Elephant Family's Royal Rickshaw Auction presented by Selfridges at Lancaster House today, June 30:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 06-30-2015, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Eugenie, Tom Parker Bowles and wife Sara, Laura Lopes and husband Harry attended the Quintessentially Foundation and Elephant Family's Royal Rickshaw Auction presented by Selfridges at Lancaster House today, June 30:

** gettyimages gallery **
Aeyesha Shand, Annabel Elliot, Ben Elliot, Ben Goldsmith and Lady Annabel Goldsmith also attended this auction.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Telegraph had wrote that William and Catherine would attend, but I think they meant Charles and Camilla.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-30-2015, 11:07 PM
Royal Highness

How lovely to see Mark Shand's family and friends but then this event is about Mark Shand and his foundation.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

1 July 2015. Duchess of Gloucester and Duke of Kent at Wimbledon

Liam Broady’s family row continues as father REFUSES to watch him at Wimbledon | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h1 hour ago
Prince William will join the Queen and several other royals marking the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain on July 10.

Several members of the Royal Family will view a RAF flypast during an enhanced guard change at Buckingham Palace on July 10.

The Queen, Philip, William, Andrew, Edward, Sophie, the Dukes of Gloucester and Kent, Prince Michael, and Princess Alexandra will be there.

Philip, William, Edward, Sophie, the Dukes of Gloucester and Kent, and Princess Alexandra will join the six surviving pilots at a lunch.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 6m6 minutes ago
While I fully support maternity leave as a former RAF wife it would be great to see Kate attend the Battle of Britain Anniversary next Fri.

I agree.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 6m6 minutes ago
While I fully support maternity leave as a former RAF wife it would be great to see Kate attend the Battle of Britain Anniversary next Fri.

I agree.
Considering she is going to Wimbledon on the Wednesday it's odd for her not to go. Although part of me is rather happy she isn't going as the press will actually focus on the event and it's importance, rather than Kate's sartorial choices. (I am sure, however, that her absence will generate an article or two.)
Old 07-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Someone on another thread mentioned moving The Duke out of his Wimbledon role as he was dour and not very royal. Well, I just want to say, for all these years he has been a faithful supporter of the tennis, often in years when the rest of the family seemed to have no interest. He and the Duchess obviously love the sport. I hope they continue as sponsors for years to come. Of course, they are largely ignored by the press. See this photo from the DM: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5771037777.jpg
Old 07-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Considering she is going to Wimbledon on the Wednesday it's odd for her not to go. Although part of me is rather happy she isn't going as the press will actually focus on the event and it's importance, rather than Kate's sartorial choices. (I am sure, however, that her absence will generate an article or two.)
The press will always focus on what Catherine is wearing, so one can't pay much attention to that.

I too find it odd that she's not attending, but will go to Wimbledon. Tennis is great and I understand her love for it, but there are times I wish there was more substance to Catherine's roles and duties. The Battle of Britain Anniversary is an event she should be attending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Someone on another thread mentioned moving The Duke out of his Wimbledon role as he was dour and not very royal. Well, I just want to say, for all these years he has been a faithful supporter of the tennis, often in years when the rest of the family seemed to have no interest. He and the Duchess obviously love the sport. I hope they continue as sponsors for years to come. Of course, they are largely ignored by the press. See this photo from the DM: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5771037777.jpg
I think the organization fully appreciate The Duke of Kent and Duchess of Gloucester's support and roles at Wimbledon over the years. I do think the roles need to be refreshed though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why?

I don't understand this constant desire the throw away people because they are older. It is a waste of experience and knowledge.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Why?

I don't understand this constant desire the throw away people because they are older. It is a waste of experience and knowledge.
Not sure it's about throwing anyone away because they're older. I think The Duke of Kent and Duchess of Gloucester have done very well in supporting Wimbledon, but I don't think it would hurt for another royal to come in and take on the role due to a smooth transition.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Not sure it's about throwing anyone away because they're older. I think The Duke of Kent and Duchess of Gloucester have done very well in supporting Wimbledon, but I don't think it would hurt for another royal to come in and take on the role due to a smooth transition.
I don't think there is any need to replace the Duke of Kent or Duchess of Gloucester, but if there is, Camilla has been a keen attender at Wimbledon since marrying Prince Charles. maybe she could take it on
Old 07-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
I don't think there is any need to replace the Duke of Kent or Duchess of Gloucester, but if there is, Camilla has been a keen attender at Wimbledon since marrying Prince Charles. maybe she could take it on
Perhaps, but she don't attend that often. I think The Duchess of Cambridge would do nicely in that role.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-02-2015, 03:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
Camilla was attending Wimbledon long before marrying Charles. Infact, Camilla and her sister regularly attended Wimbledon in the 1960s and 1970s long before Catherine was born. Camilla and her sister stopped attending because family obligations got in the way.

Now her children are grown, Camilla can go back to attending Wimbledon.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Perhaps, but she don't attend that often. I think The Duchess of Cambridge would do nicely in that role.
They asked Sophie a few years ago but she politely declined, trying to avoid the continued similarities between herself and Diana.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

Or maybe Sophie was not interest in tennis.

She attends horse events quite often.

If could be more a case of wanting to bond with her mother-in-law and not enjoying tennis rather than trying not to be compared to someone else.

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events