"The Monarchy Inside" (2010) - DR Documentary on Working Lives of Danish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've just watched the fifth part of this amazing report!

Someone for a translation please??

thank you for posting, incredible, i have fun watchuing it!!!!! I just i wish they would film Mary's wardrobe and how she does to choose her autfits and see their private quaters!!! or how is a brakfast morning for them, with the kids?

thank you for posting, incredible, i have fun watchuing it!!!!! I just i wish they would film Mary's wardrobe and how she does to choose her autfits and see their private quaters!!! or how is a brakfast morning for them, with the kids?

I think this is more focused on work so I doubt we'll see a lot of personal moments.

I loved this 5th part, with Marie working hard on her danish. Mary still struggling with hers, the visit at the scene at the end of the crownprince couple riding and talking. My favorite deliver so far!

yes, what a pity, eventhoguht you can see some personal moments!!!like you said very diffficult to see probably thier private place!!!

A short summary of part 5:

The opening sequence is Mary on her daily run in the park around Fredensborg Castle. She says she uses her time running to think about upcoming events for example; in this instance it was her meeting next day about 'kærestevold' - violence in relationships.
Mary: it is so important to be able to speak the language in order to be able to understand the country, it's culture, the 'Danishness'.
Then Marie says 'the least you can do when you are received well in a new country is to be able to speak the language. And I do want to be able to speak with all Danes I meet. That is very important for me"
(I am really impressed by her Danish! And she is so charming shen she waves her piece of paper and says 'that's it' :flowers:)
Afterwards, Joachim praises his wife and says that she did really well!
There is lots of activity at Amalienborg; the four contending countries for the olympics 2016 will pay a visit to the castle. The commentary is about all the parties cooperating on this event.
On a Sunday, Frederik starts by participating in a 100 km mountain bike race in North Sealand and will end by going to Herning to present medals at a wrestling event.
At the upcoming IOC congress, his candidature will be official. And he is facing an extremely critical press who do not understand why he wants to get involved in an organisation such as the IOC
The tabloid EkstraBladet is at the meeting with 9 people, including Andrew Jennings, and they are planning their attack carefully. They try hard to make Frederik say what it feels like to shake hands with a mand like Samaranch (spelling, sorry). His advisors recommend that Frederik does not comment on single events like individual handshakes.
During the mountain bike race, Frederik is interviewed about his facination about extreme sports; he claims that this is a very nice event. Asked what the toughest thing he has done he answers that it was probably during his time with the 'frogmen' (the Danish navy seals).
Mary is asked whether she remembers her first speech in Danish; she says that it was not a speech but a few comment at the engagement; that she was very very nervous and could hear own voice shaking. She talks about how difficult it was to not only learn to speak a new language but to think in a new language - after having used another language for 31 years.
The Obamas make a courtesy call; Queen Margrethe comments that she has received visits from three incumbent US presidents, all nice people, very easy to talk with. The Obamas seemed very interested in the gobelins (a present for the queen for her 50th birthday) and the story they are telling.
There is a lot of commentary about the debate going on in Denmark at the time; about the crown prince being involved in an organisation which certain parts of the media perceives as being marred by the presence of old main convicted of corruption and political irregularties.
There are 78 accredited media people at the meeting following the official annoucement of Frederik's IOC membership. Frederik knows that he is facing fierce critique - the team from EB with Andrew Jennings keep trying to make him make a statement of what it was like to shake the hands of a man with like Samaranch. EkstraBladet is very keen on tying Frederik's navn to individuals in the IOC.
Frederik says' a handshake is a handshake'
Interviever to the queen and Prince Henrik: What do you tell your son in the midst of such a heated debate: prince Henrik: Good luck!!
Frederik says that he has learnt a lot for this experience, becoming a new IOC member, though some of it he wouldn't like to repeat too often.
Frederik and his advisors take the back door out to avoid being caught in a gimmick where EkstraBladet will hand him a bunch of critical articles about the IOC. Some of the EB journalists try to interrupt his phone conversation with his wife.
Frederik concludes that he has gained a lot of experience from this - and so has his advisors 'on my expense' as he says. What matters to him is that the Danish sports world are supportive of his IOC membership.

If anybody could explain what it is the big deal with htis man samranch? and a handshake? i don't get it!

Yes, who is he and what did he do? I haven't really followed the Fred-IOC debate. :)

If anybody could explain what it is the big deal with htis man samranch? and a handshake? i don't get it!

He was accused of corruption, of vote buying for the Salt Lake City 2002 bid for the Winter Games. He was critized for the judging and doping scandals and rampant corruption that occurred under his watch. He was never formally accused of anything, but he gave the IOC a bad name.

I was actually expecting something much worse! The argument of the journalists who were criticizing Fred would therefore seem to be that because the IOC once had a corrupt president, no one, certainly not Fred, should ever touch the organization again. Sort of bizarre... :ermm:

Well that he was orrupt it does not mean that Frede is or can be, it is 2 different persons with different positions in life
thank you so much for the explanation

Well that he was orrupt it does not mean that Frede is or can be, it is 2 different persons with different positions in life
thank you so much for the explanation

Oh yes obviously, the two people are very different.
But Samaranch gave the IOC a bad name, and Frederik would be shaking hands and speaking with this man, it wasn't very good, shall we say.

Oh yes obviously, the two people are very different.
But Samaranch gave the IOC a bad name, and Frederik would be shaking hands and speaking with this man, it wasn't very good, shall we say.
th'at;s true not very good idea for his image!

Corruption in something as big and as important as the IOC, is pretty bad.

Oh, I know it's obviously something you don't want in the Olympics, I was just expecting something along the lines of a head of state who had committed genocide, someone convicted of child molestation, etc.

Samaranch also is a known Fascist in Spain. There was a picture of him giving the fascist/Hitler salute.
This is what Jenning's was talking about but didn't want to do on camera

I'm not a friend of downloading so much.... Isn't it possible to show the episodes online like Part 3 and 4, for example? It would be very kind :)

I am so enjoying this series.. now if only i cld understand danish..

Can someone (Userdane?) please tell me what they were talking about in reference to Oprah Winfrey?

I'm not a friend of downloading so much.... Isn't it possible to show the episodes online like Part 3 and 4, for example? It would be very kind :)

If you have iTunes, you can download each episode for free and watch it on your computer. (Link courtesy of tennis2005)

http://itunes.apple.com/dk/podcast/k...ra/id360683031

Otherwise, the DR1 website has each episode online. Go to the "Se Program" at the top right of the page and click on one of the buttons with the fractions (i.e. 1/4) and you will get one of the previous episodes.

Kongehuset indefra - dr.dk/DR1

I tried, but just can't get this to load

It sometimes does that, I think it means to many people watched it on 1 day or something like that, I´m not really sure, but it happened before and then after a while people could watch it again. Sorry for the inconvenience. :flowers:

Ones it starts working again, you could use the following links.

Download "The Monarchy Inside":
Part 1: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Part 2: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Part 3: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Part 4: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Part 5: http://www.megavideo.com/?d=LPUF0SCChttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=LPUF0SCC
Part 6: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFERQF10

Ones it starts working again, you could use the following links.

Watch online "The Monarchy Inside":
Part 1: MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it
Part 2: MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it
Part 3: MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it
Part 4: MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it
Part 5: MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it
Part 6: MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it

Josette :flowers:

i clicked on megavideo and it's not available...i hope somebody can have an english dubbed video...i really enjoyed the series but i can't fully understand it

I just saw the last episodo! i love it specially to see Marie in the kitchen eating with Joachim, like in everyday lunch, very normal, like commonurs, lovely!!!!!!!!!!

I loved hearing Isabella talking to Mary when Christian was riding the pony - what a doll! I just want to take her home with me. :angel:

Yes - is there a Dane who could translate those couple of sentences?

I am so enjoying this series.. now if only i cld understand danish..

You and I both! I adore watching them in action, but can only imagine what they're saying. That's the only bummer!:p

Back
Top Bottom