The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

Natalie Dormer (Ane Boleyn from The Tudors series) is in too and she's British. Brits playing a Brit is easier, the accent should be honest.
And Cate Blachett is a lovely suggestion. So graceful and elegant.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Commoner

Is this an actual go ahead or is this movie all just speculation

Old 10-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

I think Kiera Knightly is the best choice mention. When I see her act she becomes the character. Ms. Knightly played The Duchess she became Georgina Spencer and I felt for the character. After the movie, I had to read everything I could on Princess Diana's ancestor. I thought the two woman had somewhat a parallel life concerning love and marriage.

I think a good actress portrayal that gets to Princess Diana essence is the most important aspect. Then script and makeup. If you have Ms. Knightly and Ms. Mirren the movie most likely with get notice and awards.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDiana View Post
Is this an actual go ahead or is this movie all just speculation
Nothing is for certain, but I can see it definetely happening.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Commoner

On the subject of the movie, I think that Joely Richardson could play Diana. There is something about her that reminds me of her, and if I look at a picture of Diana, I see some similiarities.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Commoner

Sorry for double post, but I also think Gillian Anderson also. Granted both of them are older.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear god here we go......I thought this movie had been pulled ugh and out of all the days on Royal Wedding Day! Come on have a little respect for Prince William

Shocking Diana film to be shown in the USA on the Royal wedding day
Old 03-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Nobility

Tacky, tacky, tacky!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Oh dear god here we go......I thought this movie had been pulled ugh and out of all the days on Royal Wedding Day! Come on have a little respect for Prince William

Shocking Diana film to be shown in the USA on the Royal wedding day
I don't think I will watch this film. If I read the article correctly the film is blaming Queen Elizabeth II for what happen to Diana, Princess of Wales. So of the wall.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I'll prob DVR it but I may just erase it right after. I doubt there will be too much insight into how "flawed" the inquest was. I mean though come on out of all the days on Prince William's wedding day what is wrong with these people?!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:45 PM

Hello all,

Newbie here - People here who are members of the AP too? -

I have seen a few movies, and a bunch of documentaries, on Diana.
I didn't like "The Murder of Princess Diana", the plot was awfull and the only scene that was 'ok', was the actuall car-scene, and as for "Diana - Her True Story" and "Diana - The People's Princess", they both could have been much better with other actors and a better script, especially "The People's Princess". I found the actress in "Her True Story" a bit annoying and the hairstyle was not great either(but they tried, atleast.), but atleast they tried to give a correct version of the story. "The People's Princess" was ok, fine to see Diana's humanitarian side for once, bad script(especially the Dodi/Diana-relationship...), Amy Claire Seccombe tried to do her best as Diana, and she was moving at times. "Princess In Love" was worst of all, totally wrong actors and the plot could have been a bit better. However, there were some movies on Diana I actually found good. These would be: "Whatever Love Means", actually about Charless and Camilla, and "Last Days of a Princess", which tries to give a look at her last days(found this much better than "People's Princess"), here the actresses looked like the part and that really does 'lots. I have also seen the Queen, which I found quite good even though Diana is only seen briefly and through archival footage, Prince William, which starts with her death, and also the series The Queen, which has 5 episodes each about a seperate issue from The Queen's life, starting with the Affair of Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend(?) and ending with the marriage of Charles and Camilla. Diana is shown in one episode, and the actress has some resemblance to Diana, she is portrayed here as an unhappy woman who seeks a way to an ends, during the year of 1992. Also I have seen "The Biographer", which does not feature the Princess as a character though, which is about Andrew Morton and the period in which he wrote "Her True Story", however Diana is seen in archival footage and we can hear her voice from time to time, when Andrew Morton plays the tapes which he used to write the book. Also there is an actress playing her, but we never get to see her face, nor hear a voice... We just see she's about to make a phone call(if I remember correctly), and this would lead to the writing of the book eventually. Also it ties up the story nicely as the movie itself does end in Paris, August 31st 1997, with the car crash and a fitting quote from Diana which says "I knew my life would be a winding road."

However, a little request(do not shoot me here, if you please)....
Would anyone be willing to sell some copies of the next movies, or upload them somewhere? As they are so rare I would not be amazed many people would be glad to see these online.

The one's I'd like to get my hands on are:
Charles & Diana - A Royal Love Story
Charles & Diana - A Royal Romance
Charles & Diana - Unhappily Ever After(aka A Palace Divided)
The Biographer(one of the better movies on the subject, because Diana isn't messed up but her presence is felt)

If anyone is willing to help me out here. I'd be grateful:p
Old 05-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Heir Apparent

No really NOW I am getting SICK of this for god's sake even if it was planned it's not like we'll ever know for Christ sake her eldest son just got married can we not leave the past in the past.

Unlawful Killing – the film the British won't get to see
Old 05-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Oh dear, it starts off by advsing us that Prince Philip's family name is Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg (shock horror, but then, it never was a secret that he was born a Prince of Greece and Denmark) and attempts to tar him with the Nazi brush because he spent one year at Salem school in Baden, Germany. Prince Philip is shown [quote] "attending a family funeral for some of his Nazi in-laws" in Darmstadt in November 1937. Sounds bad.

However, they omitted to state that the funerals were for his 26-year old sister, Princess Cecile, her husband, Hereditary Grand Duke Georg of Hesse and by Rhine, their children Princes Ludwig and Alexander (aged 6 and 4), and Georg's mother, the Dowager Grand Duchess Eleonore, who were all killed in a plane crash while on their way to a family wedding in London. Not quite the Nazi knees-up.

One last thing, before getting too far involved in ridiculous conspiracy theories, is that Diana indeed wrote that she feared for her life and it could be a car "accident". Spooky! However, evidence presented by her own solicitor and others at the Inquest stated that Diana believed that both she and Camilla Parker-Bowles were at risk as Charles secretly planned to bump them off and marry Tiggy Legge-Bourke. Hmm, hardly a cast-iron conspiracy after all.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:06 AM
Heir Apparent

^Exactly and now tmz released this new audio of Diana from the movie ( WARNING: the so called "death" photo is in the video)
Princess Di in New Film:

Can I also get something off my chest? That guy John Morgan who is writing the inquest series of books is totally WAY off his mark in his allegations. He keeps going back to the fact that Henri Paul could walk and talk normally despite his high blood alcohol level and the fact the body wasn't properly labeled and yet FAILS to mention that all this was discussed in January 2008 at the inquest. Jesus christ the more time passes the more I'm provoked to write my own book with all the facts from over the years to inform people of the truth.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

GROAN. I can't believe these people are still trying to make a buck on Diana's death.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

"Unlawful Killing" which will be shown in Cannes, shows never before seen footage of Princess Diana's death, and images clearly of her - one in the back of the car and one on the road being treated by paramedics. It will be shown in France first then obviously gradually around the world. It does bring up the conspiracy again that she was murdered - ie no working cameras in the tunnel, the way she was quickly dealt with after her death.

It must be extremely difficult for Princess William and Harry as the film apparently accuses their family for this accident - right after the wedding and of course Diana would have turned 50 in July.

Forgive me if this has been brought up but haven't read through the whole thread. Very sad :(
Old 05-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue View Post
"Unlawful Killing" which will be shown in Cannes, shows never before seen footage of Princess Diana's death, and images clearly of her - one in the back of the car and one on the road being treated by paramedics. It will be shown in France first then obviously gradually around the world. It does bring up the conspiracy again that she was murdered - ie no working cameras in the tunnel, the way she was quickly dealt with after her death.
For years I've been wondering if this memory was actual or that of a dream. I was 7 when the Princess was killed and I remember the night of her death but what I'm trying to remember is somewhat hazy, I thought I saw footage of someone wearing a neckbrace being rolled on a stretcher into the ambulance. I've asked people about that and they've commented about never seeing that particular footage; did anyone else see that, that night? I was half awake when I woke to the news of her death; so I'm trying to figure out if it was memory of a dream I had or if it was indeed actual.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Dreadful. I knew it was just a matter of time before these images were shown to the world...but why now???
Old 05-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Aristocracy

The thing is, this topic will never go away - too many unanswered questions - and according to the promo on the TV the Royal Family have never been questioned. Personally myself, I don't think it was an accident !

PS: Off topic, but where are the smilies - have they gone :(
Old 05-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Majesty

For it to have been planned the perpetrators would need to have known the time of leaving the hotel, the route they would take etc.
As the only people who knew that were Al Fayed's and those with them - then the only people who could have planned it were those who were supposed to be protecting them or Al Fayed or his employees.
No one else knew the time they were leaving that night as they changed their plans so often - making anything other than an accident unbelievable.