The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
It's om Youtube and it is lovely.
Can you post the link, please?

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Nice to see Anne has given an interview for the BBC documentary - which leaves Edward as the only one who has not spoken on camera as yet for her 90th birthday. Also a treat to hear from Princess Alexandra and hear her personal stories of growing up with the Queen as a cousin. Will also be interesting to hear the Duke of Kent speak. Pity we have not heard anything from the Duke of Gloucester it would have be nice to complete the set of main working royals
Edward and Sophie spoke at length on theSky documentary.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-21-2016, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

A lovely documentary and very personal in places, particularly witnessing Sarah Chatto and the Duke of Kent genuinely moved by what they see in the footage. I found Anne's response to the question about whether the Queen is an optimist an interestingly considered response. The shared viewing by Charles & the Queen was an inspired idea and the nearest we will get to an interview with HM.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I loved the BBC documentary and will watch it again. So much information and insight. Great to see HMQ and Charles interact. Sarah Chatto was a delight and loved all the other contributions. Definitely worth watching.

It is being repeated on Sunday at 16:35 with some additional footage from the BBC archive.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-21-2016, 06:41 PM
Serene Highness

Without question the best programe on HMQ, and the British Royal Family ever made.

They are so normal it is nothing short of MIRACULOUS, as their unique position in this World could all too easily 'turn their heads'
Old 04-21-2016, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

As I said a while ago: The BBC is by far the best when it comes to royal documentaries/coverage, with the exception of the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant. I liked Elizabeth at 90 on Sky News too, but their coverage of today's events wasn't worth watching.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Aristocracy

Admirer US: I cannot find the BBC special on YouTube. Can you post a link?
Old 04-21-2016, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I had to download a VPN software to change my ip to a UK one then I could watch on the BBC site. I had to wait until after it's over. I just looked on YouTube, I didn't see it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-21-2016, 09:27 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the info, Skippyboo. I'll have one of my children figure this out for me. My 9 yr old grand has managed to get The Octonauts newest programs by doing something like that. ��
Old 04-21-2016, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

If you watched the one that Charles did for the diamond jubilee, a lot of this one is the same footage but with comments from Queen, Charles, Anne, Duke of Kent, Sarah Chatto, Princess Alexandra and the comedy duo of the Wales brothers.

I loved W&H commentary on Harry's christening-Will chase Zara around with Harry saying that could be last Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-21-2016, 10:15 PM
Aristocracy

I have seen a YouTube clip of Harry's christening with that chasing going on. I was hoping to hear the comments from the other family members. Hopefully, I'll find it. Smile.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Loved this program, esp. the way they did it, by watching old "home-movies" and commenting on them

Also, some things i hadn't really considered before:
- P.Anne mentioning why the Queen wasn't overly joyeus at her milestone of becoming the longest reigning monarch (of Britain): that it happened because her father had died so young
- DoK being very moved by the footage of the funeral of K.George VI and how he was one of the royal dukes (at 16) walking next to his uncle the Duke of Windsor who he had never really met before

But really, i loved all of it
Old 04-22-2016, 01:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissByrd View Post
I have seen a YouTube clip of Harry's christening with that chasing going on. I was hoping to hear the comments from the other family members. Hopefully, I'll find it. Smile.
Yeah, William and Zara was running around William and Harry's great grandmother, Lady Ruth Fermoy. Diana's grandmother and Woman of the Bedchamber to The Queen Mother.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-22-2016, 01:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quite a few cute moments in those home movies, and fascinating ones too - the ebullient Bowes Lyon family, the brief glimpse of Prince Philip's youngest sister Sophie, whom Philip adored, her son Karl, Charles's first cousin, Anne's insights into her mother's character, her humour over Nanny Lightbody and the glimpse of the very tall and disgraced Miss Crawford!
Old 04-22-2016, 04:56 AM
Majesty

GALLERY: What we learned from BBC's Elizabeth at 90 ? A Family Tribute - Photo 1
Old 04-22-2016, 07:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm two minutes in and i already absolutely adore this. Charles is so warming.
Far Far beyond the sky interview. This is so honest.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's up on YouTube now. I enjoyed watching the program. To see and hear from The Queen on watching her home movies was beyond amazing. Her wonderful and motherly interaction with Charles is something we don't see on a regular bases. The family watching and commenting on the movies was very moving and funny. In a way, the doc paid tribute to the royals that's no longer with us as well. Nice to see the home movies that include the late King, Queen, Margaret and Diana among others.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-22-2016, 09:06 AM
Courtier

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

A great video
Old 04-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Courtier

Oh, so precious! What a remarkable Lady she is!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community