The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Many thanks UserDane!

Old 03-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess robijn View Post
thanks a lot

Old 03-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Aristocracy

thank you for the link..i finally was able to watch it and enjoy it. I really did liked this documentary. I hope somebody has the determination and patience to make subtitles in English. I know it won't be shown in my country since they are not that keen on the other monarchy except perhaps the British. Anyways, what was that little black book that they are carrying around. It was in the earlier episodes and QM also had it in the last episode. I also liked the scene in the ballroom just as they finish greeting the guests..Mary and Joachim were running even in their evening clothes, very cute. and I'm glad to know that QM seems very down to earth and she really seems to be full of joy. Hope they'll have features on the children though
Old 03-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

es, I enjoy it too so miuch, to have aliitle bit the inside life of them!!! i think it was very funny when after gretting the peope they were all cleaning their hands with sanitazing paper, I would do the same, but still it looks funns and like you sid Joachim and Mary running ,thank you so much for posting it
Old 03-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Courtier

I loved the hand sanitizer, too. I'm such a germ freak that I don't know if I'd ever feel clean again if I had to shake hands with hundreds of people!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura724 View Post
I loved the hand sanitizer, too. I'm such a germ freak that I don't know if I'd ever feel clean again if I had to shake hands with hundreds of people!
2 years ago I did a show and we have to shake the hands of the audience at the end of the show and my daughter 5 at the time too(she was in the show too), they people wanted to take photos with us and the kids with my daughter I was a freak, after that i would run to the dressing room and get the germex bottle and i would use tons in my hands and my daughters hands and i was so scare that someone would come and try to do something to my daughter that i was in on side of her and my husband in the other hand, protectin her all the time, really the people was great, so lovely, but you know i was scare so much!so when i saw the Queen and everybody else going and using the sanitazing papers i laugh so much i thought i am not the only freak!!!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 03:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
What kind of file is it? I downloaded it but my comp doesn't recognize it
Old 03-30-2010, 03:48 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Realplayer.

Josette
Old 03-30-2010, 11:24 PM

Here are all four parts on itunes for free

http://itunes.apple.com/dk/podcast/k...ra/id360683031
Old 04-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Part 5 uploaded to megaupload. You can watch it with Real Player.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Have fun!

Josette
Old 04-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

I've just watched the fifth part of this amazing report!

Someone for a translation please??

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 04-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

thank you for posting, incredible, i have fun watchuing it!!!!! I just i wish they would film Mary's wardrobe and how she does to choose her autfits and see their private quaters!!! or how is a brakfast morning for them, with the kids?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
thank you for posting, incredible, i have fun watchuing it!!!!! I just i wish they would film Mary's wardrobe and how she does to choose her autfits and see their private quaters!!! or how is a brakfast morning for them, with the kids?
I think this is more focused on work so I doubt we'll see a lot of personal moments.

I loved this 5th part, with Marie working hard on her danish. Mary still struggling with hers, the visit at the scene at the end of the crownprince couple riding and talking. My favorite deliver so far!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes, what a pity, eventhoguht you can see some personal moments!!!like you said very diffficult to see probably thier private place!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

A short summary of part 5:

The opening sequence is Mary on her daily run in the park around Fredensborg Castle. She says she uses her time running to think about upcoming events for example; in this instance it was her meeting next day about 'kærestevold' - violence in relationships.
Mary: it is so important to be able to speak the language in order to be able to understand the country, it's culture, the 'Danishness'.
Then Marie says 'the least you can do when you are received well in a new country is to be able to speak the language. And I do want to be able to speak with all Danes I meet. That is very important for me"
(I am really impressed by her Danish! And she is so charming shen she waves her piece of paper and says 'that's it' )
Afterwards, Joachim praises his wife and says that she did really well!
There is lots of activity at Amalienborg; the four contending countries for the olympics 2016 will pay a visit to the castle. The commentary is about all the parties cooperating on this event.
On a Sunday, Frederik starts by participating in a 100 km mountain bike race in North Sealand and will end by going to Herning to present medals at a wrestling event.
At the upcoming IOC congress, his candidature will be official. And he is facing an extremely critical press who do not understand why he wants to get involved in an organisation such as the IOC
The tabloid EkstraBladet is at the meeting with 9 people, including Andrew Jennings, and they are planning their attack carefully. They try hard to make Frederik say what it feels like to shake hands with a mand like Samaranch (spelling, sorry). His advisors recommend that Frederik does not comment on single events like individual handshakes.
During the mountain bike race, Frederik is interviewed about his facination about extreme sports; he claims that this is a very nice event. Asked what the toughest thing he has done he answers that it was probably during his time with the 'frogmen' (the Danish navy seals).
Mary is asked whether she remembers her first speech in Danish; she says that it was not a speech but a few comment at the engagement; that she was very very nervous and could hear own voice shaking. She talks about how difficult it was to not only learn to speak a new language but to think in a new language - after having used another language for 31 years.
The Obamas make a courtesy call; Queen Margrethe comments that she has received visits from three incumbent US presidents, all nice people, very easy to talk with. The Obamas seemed very interested in the gobelins (a present for the queen for her 50th birthday) and the story they are telling.
There is a lot of commentary about the debate going on in Denmark at the time; about the crown prince being involved in an organisation which certain parts of the media perceives as being marred by the presence of old main convicted of corruption and political irregularties.
There are 78 accredited media people at the meeting following the official annoucement of Frederik's IOC membership. Frederik knows that he is facing fierce critique - the team from EB with Andrew Jennings keep trying to make him make a statement of what it was like to shake the hands of a man with like Samaranch. EkstraBladet is very keen on tying Frederik's navn to individuals in the IOC.
Frederik says' a handshake is a handshake'
Interviever to the queen and Prince Henrik: What do you tell your son in the midst of such a heated debate: prince Henrik: Good luck!!
Frederik says that he has learnt a lot for this experience, becoming a new IOC member, though some of it he wouldn't like to repeat too often.
Frederik and his advisors take the back door out to avoid being caught in a gimmick where EkstraBladet will hand him a bunch of critical articles about the IOC. Some of the EB journalists try to interrupt his phone conversation with his wife.
Frederik concludes that he has gained a lot of experience from this - and so has his advisors 'on my expense' as he says. What matters to him is that the Danish sports world are supportive of his IOC membership.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

If anybody could explain what it is the big deal with htis man samranch? and a handshake? i don't get it!
Old 04-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Courtier

Yes, who is he and what did he do? I haven't really followed the Fred-IOC debate.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:39 AM
Royal Highness

Juan Antonio Samaranch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - the press in Denmark, particularly the crew from tabloid EkstraBladet and Andrew Jennings, tried to raise it as an issue that the crown prince would be shaking hands with a man of Samaranch's reputation. Frederik - and his advisors - refused to let a handshake become an issue.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
If anybody could explain what it is the big deal with htis man samranch? and a handshake? i don't get it!
He was accused of corruption, of vote buying for the Salt Lake City 2002 bid for the Winter Games. He was critized for the judging and doping scandals and rampant corruption that occurred under his watch. He was never formally accused of anything, but he gave the IOC a bad name.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Courtier

I was actually expecting something much worse! The argument of the journalists who were criticizing Fred would therefore seem to be that because the IOC once had a corrupt president, no one, certainly not Fred, should ever touch the organization again. Sort of bizarre...