Grandchildren of Gustaf Adolf & Sibylla, Dukes of Västerbotten (The King's Parents)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtz

City
strasburg
Country
France
hi everybody !

I'd like to have some details about their (less known) grandchildren : godparents, studies, jobs, careers...
Sibylla Louise Ambler, Charles Edward Ambler, James Ambler
Carl Christian, Desiree & Hubertus, Prinzen von Hohenzollern
Carl Gustaf, Oskar & Viktor Magnusson

What about Princess Desirée's children? Their last name should be Silfverschiöld.

Desiree s Children

• Friherre Carl Otto Edmund Silfverschiöld (f. 1965), sedan 2005 gift med Maria Fredriksson, ett barn:
    • Anna Margareta Sibylla Désirée Silfverschiöld, f. 2006.
  • Christina Louise Ewa Madeleine Silfverschiöld (f.1966), gift med friherre Hans Louis Gerard de Geer af Finspång, tre barn:
    • Estelle Louise Désirée de Geer af Finspång, f. 2000.
    • Friherre Ian Carl Gerard de Geer af Finspång, f. 2002.
    • Friherre Fred Louis Gerard de Geer af Finspång, född. 2004.
  • Hélène Silfverschiöld (f.1968).

So Princess Madeleine is the youngest of the cousins? She's much much younger than Desiree's children...!

Well, since king Carl Gustaf is younger than his sisters, it would make sense that his children are younger than their cousins.

Wow, each branch of the family has a Carl! Carl Christian, Carl Gustaf, C(h)arl(es) Edward, Carl Otto and Carl Philip!

I wonder do they use the whole name or do they always go by their middle names (except probably "Carl" Edward who probably just goes by Charles)

Well, since king Carl Gustaf is younger than his sisters, it would make sense that his children are younger than their cousins.
Yes, sure, but 15 years a quite a lot.

ohh yes, there are a lot of "carl"
was charles edward ambler named after Herzog von Sachsen Coburg und Gotha, his great-grandfather?

is king Carl XVI Gustaf godfather to him, like Carl Otto Friherre Silferkjöld & Carl Gustaf Magnusson ?

I read that Queen Beatrix of Netherlands was godmother to Carl Gustaf Magnusson. Is it true ?

Beatrix is a godmother f.ex. of Sybilla Ambler, Victoria Bernadotte.

Carl XVI Gustaf is godfather of Carl Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.

People marry and have children at different stages in life. Birthorder of parent are not indicative of birthorder of cousins.

thanks Magnik:flowers:
what about Carl's sister Desiree Prinzessin von Hohenzollern ? is she goddaughter of Princess Desiree of Sweden, Baroness Silferkjöld ?
what abour Hubertus ?

I made a mistake, a thought Queen Beatrix was Carl Gustaf Ambler's godmother, but in fact I thought of Queen Sonja of Norway

People marry and have children at different stages in life. Birthorder of parent are not indicative of birthorder of cousins.
No, it doesn't have to, but it's not impossible either.

Back
Top Bottom