The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-19-2011, 05:41 AM
Nobility

Royal children must be christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
How "no religion"? Victoria is openly atheist?
Thank You Boris for explaning if I was uncleare. I wrore also in the same post. "The king and the royal children must adhere to the "pure Christianity".

Old 07-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

I think that the SRF is quite religious, queen Silvia have published/given her name to a prayer book and there is a prayer she wrote herself when she was eleven years old in it. It's also said that the children was brought up with a bedtime prayer while they were young.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Courtier

I was wondering what would happen if Victoria becomes queen and - heaven forbid - dies BEFORE her oldest child is of age. Who would be the legal guardian of the child if Vic and Daniel are no longer alive as well as Silvia and Carl-Gustaf? And who would reign on behalf of the child until he/she is 18 ??? Probably Prince Carl Philip or am I wrong in assuming this ???
Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
I was wondering what would happen if Victoria becomes queen and - heaven forbid - dies BEFORE her oldest child is of age. Who would be the legal guardian of the child if Vic and Daniel are no longer alive as well as Silvia and Carl-Gustaf? And who would reign on behalf of the child until he/she is 18 ??? Probably Prince Carl Philip or am I wrong in assuming this ???
I think this was discussed in an older thread but I can't find it. My guess would be that PCP will be Regent until the child is of age and possibly the legal guardian as well if the parents and grandparents are dead. Of course if the child is old enough and decided they want to live with someone else e.g paternal grandparents or Princess Madeleine, I can't imagine the government forbidding that as long as their appropriate education continues, which won't really start till 18 anyway. The scenario is quite morbid, though, and I'm sure it wont arise.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Nobility

Hypothesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
There is always a little philosophy when thinking about hypotheses. If such a disaster that you write about would occur would probably Carl-Philip become monarch if he still exists as a potential candidate in the succession.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Nobility

While there is a living child of Victoria, C-P wouldn't become King - maybe Regent ... or a "kronrat" would take over, till mayoritiy ... the child could be declared grown up with 16.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
the child could be declared grown up with 16.
I definatly don´t think so - in Sweden you don´t come of age until 18 years old.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Did Silvia ever go to college?
Old 11-01-2011, 05:39 AM
Serene Highness

she attended the Sprachen&Dolmetscher Institut in Munich. It's a "fachakademie" for interpreters.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

The swedish royal court launched their own Facebook-site today.
Kungahuset | Facebook
Old 12-29-2011, 09:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Victoria og Silvia står frem - det har været et hårdt år
Billed-Bladet - Victoria og Silvia står frem - det har været et hårdt år

Google Google Translate
Old 01-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
De unges år: Sådan bliver 2012 i det svenske kongehus
Billed-Bladet - De unges år: Sådan bliver 2012 i det svenske kongehus

Google Google Translate
Old 01-04-2012, 12:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court has put the highlights of the royal family 2011 to the website
Årets höjdpunkter 2011 - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 02-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Jenny Alexandersson, who writes for Aftonbladet and before that she worked for Svensk Damtidning, has answered to the questions of Aftonbladet about the royal family. Alexandersson has followed the royal family for a long time. Here is the first part of her answers:
Svar på de första frågorna! Ģ Hovbloggen
Google translation
Old 03-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

The owners of the Sweden's leading hair salon chain Bjorn Axén, Johan Hellström and Peter Hägelstam visited in Helsinki yesterday. The pair is also known as the trusted hairdressed of the Swedish royal court. They gave an interview to Iltalehti.

"Princesses create trends"

The hair styles of Silvia, Victoria and Madeleine are created in the capable hands of Johan Hellström and Peter Hägelstam.
- Working for the court is good for our reputation.
They are constantly on alert for the needs from the court.
- The royal ladies use the services of hairdresses every week, but in the morning they comb their own hair, Peter laughs.
Hellström says that the hair style of queen Silvia and Victoria and Madeleine, is carefully thought out, elegant but not ostentatious. They follow trends, but also create trends by their own example.

Peter Hägelstam started working with the royal family in the 1980s, when he began to work for queen Silvia.
- Silvia brought to the traditional look of the monarchy new style with her courage to experiment with different hairstyles. She served as a kind of an example and as a pioneer who inspired royal women in other countries.

To work for the royal house has its own challenges and pressures. Invitation to the service can happen at any time, sometimes at a very short notice.
- It may happen that when we get an invitation we do not know at all what kind of occasion it is and what kind of outfit the royal lady is wearing. Then you have to act fast and rely on your own experience and professionalism. The decision of an appropriate hair style may have to be done in seconds, Johan Hellström says.

A certain elegance is also reflected to the male members of the monarchy. King Carl Gustaf is remembered from some trendy looks from his youth, Daniel maintains his more subdued style.
- Daniel favors the hair style that suits to every occasion.
IL tapasi Ruotsin hovikampaajat: "Prinsessat luovat trendejä" | Kuninkaalliset | Iltalehti.fi
Old 04-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Confidence in the royal family is at it's lowest figure since the polls began in 1995, according SVT.se.
Meanwhile, Victoria is more popular than ever.
- Victoria receives the highest popularity value SOM institute has ever measured, says Lennart Nilsson from University of Gothenburg.
Rekordlågt förtroende för Sveriges kungahus | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

Lägsta siffran någonsin - rapport | svt.se
Google translation
Old 05-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

The annual report from the year 2011 of the swedish royal court
http://www.kungahuset.se/download/18...telsen2011.pdf
Old 05-23-2012, 03:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

When Estelle gets a little sibling or when Carl Philip and Madeleine get children, will there be a salute shooting for the babies?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king wants Victoria to inherit art treasure

The Art treasure collection was supposed to be inherited by Carl Philip, but the king wants it to go to Victoria instead.
The government is expected to act on the matter soon.
- The property has a great historical and national interest and it is important that the collection follows the throne, says royal solicitor Axel Calissendorff to Expressen.se.

The art treasure consists of a number of centuries-old works of mainly Italian champions. The paintings are part of the so-called Galliera collection originally from the Emperor Napoleon, and has been inherited by the firstborn sons of the kingdom, according to the express wishes of Oscar I's wife Queen Josefina.

More recently, however, the king made a request that the regulations would be amended to include female heirs could inherit the art.
According to the application Carl Philip, to whom the inheritance would have gone to, has consented to that the order changed.
Kungen vill att Victoria ska få ärva konstskatt | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation
Old 05-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

While this is probably a bit unfair towards Carl Philip, I do agree with the King that an art collection of such significance should be inseparable from the Crown.

Tags
question, swedish royal family