Bernadotte Family Reunion & 100th Anniversary of Sofiero Palace: June 2, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many pictures from facetoface and Fotobank, part IV

Attachments

• b32.jpg
    b32.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 337
  • b33.jpg
    b33.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 331
  • b34.jpg
    b34.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 392
  • b35.jpg
    b35.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 378
  • b36.jpg
    b36.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 245
  • b37.jpg
    b37.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 681
  • b38.jpg
    b38.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 367
  • b31.jpg
    b31.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 310
  • b39.jpg
    b39.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 310
  • b40.jpg
    b40.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 453
Many pictures from facetoface and Fotobank, part V

Attachments

• b42.jpg
    b42.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 326
  • b48.jpg
    b48.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 389
  • b47.jpg
    b47.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 334
  • b46.jpg
    b46.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 350
  • b45.jpg
    b45.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 351
  • b44.jpg
    b44.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 318
  • b43.jpg
    b43.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 350
  • b41.jpg
    b41.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 391
  • b49.jpg
    b49.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 417
  • b50.jpg
    b50.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 337
Does anyone know why the majority of women are wearing white?
Sylvia, Victoria, Madeline, Mary...

Yennie said:
btw, when I was waiting outside of the hotel yesterday, "royal photographer" Charles Hammarsten stood beside me. You know the one who took all the photos in the book "Victoria, Kronprinsessa av Sverige" published in the summer of 1995?
He´s not just a great photographer, he was very nice aswell :)

Ahh, passing the torch, perhaps? Thanks for the photos. Yes, a "Marilyn Monroe situation" or moment. Or at least a "Paola predicament". :)

And finally a few pics from hd.se and Svd.se Unfortunately in almost all pics the danish queen, Fred & Mary and the swedish king + wife and children are pictured. I wish we would have gotten more pics of the Royals we don´t see that often...

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,212
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 416
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 455
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 607
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,050
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 380
Great photos, Lena. Let´s see. First photo:

"Here, little sister. Let me get this hair away from your eye."

"O, thank you, big sister. Now let me help you with your hair problem. Come here, little rubberband."

Dennism said:
Great photos, Lena. Let´s see. First photo:

"Here, little sister. Let me get this hair away from your eye."

"O, thank you, big sister. Now let me help you with your hair problem. Come here, little rubberband."

:D Hahahaha...yes, good idea...and then the best would be to bury it in the earth around the new planted trees

The royals must have enjoyed the beautiful weather so much that they stayed behind one more day.
Today, friday June 3rd, they inagurated "Margaretha platsen" (a park) in Helsingborg. This was a "secret" so unfortunately I wasn´t there :(
It was the royal family and the Kings sisters. The danish and greek royals had left Helsingborg earlier. After the inaguration the family went to visit the small town of Torekov and then stoped at Carl Johan and Gunnila Bernadotte´s home outside the town of Båstad

I missed the event, but the local paper was there, so here´s an article and some photos!
http://hd.se/ArticlePages/200506/03/20050603190620_-Alla_anvandare-790/20050603190620_-Alla_anvandare-790.dbp.shtml

Victoria about yesterdays family gathering;
I´m very pleased, I had alot of fun. But the wether could have been better, it rained during most of the day.
The reporter asked her if rainy weather is connected with Victorias visits in Helsingborg.
At first she was wondering why... but then she remembered:
Oh yes, when I inagurated Dunkers Kulturhus three years ago it was also extremely bad weather. I remember that it was a very rainy and windy day.
(yennies comment: It was also very bad weather when Victoria visited Sofiero last June. Its funny, everytime we have royal visits its raining, wonder why :) )

Attachments

• f1.JPG
    f1.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 487
  • f2.JPG
    f2.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 405
  • f3.JPG
    f3.JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Yennie said:
I´m very pleased, I had alot of fun. But the wether could have been better, it rained during most of the day.
The reporter asked her if rainy weather is connected with Victorias visits in Helsingborg.
At first she was wondering why... but then she remembered:
Oh yes, when I inagurated Dunkers Kulturhus three years ago it was also extremely bad weather. I remember that it was a very rainy and windy day.
(yennies comment: It was also very bad weather when Victoria visited Sofiero last June. Its funny, everytime we have royal visits its raining, wonder why :) )

Great photos, Yennie. Also the Queen´s trip to Skåne for the tsunami memorial was cancelled because of the stormy weather too.

Reina said:
WEll no one can doubt the love b/t Fred and Mary. :rolleyes: they were practically inseperable. Well at least according to the pics. But this was posted earlier of them actually interwacting with another person. Lena does it look like Victoria is warm with MAry here? I don't think it looks like it.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=154238

Hehehe...I also had the intention to take this pic for reasoning. IMO they really don´t look close. But to argue wouldn´t make much sense. In the end I would still believe, that they aren´t close and they others would still believe they are close.
I just want to add, that I wouldn´t make conclusions (good/bad) on their character, when I would know for sure (what I don´t...maybe I´m wrong, maybe they just need longer to warm up) that they aren´t close. In a way I´m even always a bit skeptically, when someone claims to be close to all...this is for me a sign of shallowness. Of course one can get along with an other person and to me it seems all Royals do that...but of course not all are really close. That´s IMO pretty normal.

Last edited:
Here´s another video from Yesterday, where you can hear the king speak english!

http://sydsvenskan.se/webbtv/article107154.ece

click on " 2/06 Webb-tv: Kunglig släktträff på Sofiero" to see the clip
null.gif
javascript:openfnstr('http://sydsve...skan','width=600,height=640,scrollbars=yes');

Yeah it is perfectly normal to not be close to everyone. ANd I would not try to judge a person's character either. Although it is so easy to try to do that. But what annoyed me was that Mary and Fred were always together in the pics. But like I said b/f I just saw them in those particular pics, not the whole event.

Lena said:
Hehehe...I also had the intention to take this pic for reasoning. IMO they really don´t look close. But to argue wouldn´t make much sense. In the end I would still believe, that they aren´t close and they others would still believe they are close.
I just want to add, that I wouldn´t make conclusions (good/bad) on their character, when I would know for sure (what I don´t...maybe I´m wrong, maybe they just need longer to warm up) that they aren´t close. In a way I´m even always a bit skeptically, when someone claims to be close to all...this is for me a sign of shallowness. Of course one can get along with an other person and to me it seems all Royals do that...but of course not all are really close. That´s IMO pretty normal.

Personally, IMHO, I think Mary has become a snob. She strikes me as becoming another Diana, playing and posing to the camera, look at me, I'm so great for this family, but only in this situation, the Prince is actually in love with his Princess. You don't see her interacting with the Berleburg's nor the Greek's too much. I think that they have a situation on their hand. I think that she is a beautiful woman but she needs to tone down her "appearance of an attitude". The Swedish RF always strikes me as being close and the entire Danish RF (not including Mary) has always been close. The Berleburgs are my favorite actually. Just my opinion. I'm entitiled to it.

I think many of us might be getting too harsh with Mary. I am not really supporting Mary here, but I just feel that there is a lot being said here on the basis of mere photographs. But, since we or atleast I might never get to see or interact with them in person, I am willing to go along with the pics. The problem is we are judging the person based on these pics (which is just not fair). Just because we don't have Mary and Victoria together in many pics doesn't mean they don't get along or Mary is being snobbish. They might be getting on wonderfully inside where the cameras don't reach them.

I guess what I am really trying to say is please make every effort possible to not judge a person's character and/or attitude based on photographs. In my opinion solely, its not fair.

Pics from Rex Features

Attachments

• 525163D.jpg
    525163D.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,797
  • 525163E.jpg
    525163E.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 867
  • 525163C.jpg
    525163C.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 471
  • 525163B.jpg
    525163B.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 342
  • 525163A.jpg
    525163A.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 276
  • 525163F.jpg
    525163F.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,968
  • 525163G.jpg
    525163G.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,887
  • 525163H.jpg
    525163H.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 295
  • 525566d.jpg
    525566d.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 242
  • 525566g.jpg
    525566g.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 277
Last edited by a moderator:
The queen wear under the white coat a red costume and the crown princess wear the brown/white dress which she had wear at Sydney visit at 17.03.05.

lashinka2002 said:
Does anyone know why the majority of women are wearing white?
Sylvia, Victoria, Madeline, Mary...

I am missing pictures from the evening (19h) when the royals go on board the "Danbrog" for Dinner (only each pics from Madeleine and Victoria)!

There are a lot of people who doesn’t talk to a lot of people in these pictures. That doesn’t have to mean anything. The press was only with them a short while on a couple of locations, not with them all the time. All the pictures from the photo agencies are more or less taken at the same time. Different angles of the same. Mary and Victoria could have been dancing naked on the tables later on Danebrog for all we know:D .

The pictures of Victoria and Litizia together in Sweeden is a greeting scene and they were only a small group. When the Royals stepped out on the stairs for a group photo they may already have greeted. When Victoria was in Copenhagen at the HCA weekend we only saw pictures of them arriving protocol wise at the Royal Theatre and the show in Parken. Not what went on when they came inside. Besides she stayed at Mary and Frederik’s Chancellery House the whole weekend. Mary and victoria could have had long talks all night about royal life, Daniel etc.

If you do not just focus on Mary and Victoria, you can see of a lot of family members not interacting with each other. Again. The press was only with them a short while on a couple of locations, not with them all the time. There were a lot of opportunities for the family to mingle that day and evening. We just – luckily for them:D – don’t get access to see it. Maybe they are not that close. But you can not nor should you judge that from a few pictures. Besides it often gets too coloured by your sympathy or antipathy for a person.

My opinion, and again that is only my opinion, is based on various photos of Mary at multi functions. Again, this is only my opinion, I stress that! Remember, I didn't particularly cared for Camilla, yet I have publically admitted on this board and others how wrong I was and that she is actually the best thing for Prince Charles, and I am very, very happy for them. If I find that I am wrong again in my opinion, you can best believe that I will post it on this board and anywhere else I may have voiced MY OPINION.

I don't wish anyone ill will.

It was just my opinion.

pdas1201 said:
I think many of us might be getting too harsh with Mary. I am not really supporting Mary here, but I just feel that there is a lot being said here on the basis of mere photographs. But, since we or atleast I might never get to see or interact with them in person, I am willing to go along with the pics. The problem is we are judging the person based on these pics (which is just not fair). Just because we don't have Mary and Victoria together in many pics doesn't mean they don't get along or Mary is being snobbish. They might be getting on wonderfully inside where the cameras don't reach them.

I guess what I am really trying to say is please make every effort possible to not judge a person's character and/or attitude based on photographs. In my opinion solely, its not fair.

As most of us will likely never meet any of these royals or get the chance to interact with them with frequency to know what they are really like, then I think judging them from their pictures and from video clips we may see of them is the best we can do.

How come it is that by mere pictures some people can say that they think Victoria is a warm and caring person but that judging by the exact same tool of pictures people can't judge that Mary is cold and distant or whatever? It seems hypocritical to be able to say that you can only judge positive qualities from pictures but not indifferent or negative ones.

fromEU said:
The pictures of Victoria and Litizia together in Sweeden is a greeting scene and they were only a small group. When the Royals stepped out on the stairs for a group photo they may already have greeted. When Victoria was in Copenhagen at the HCA weekend we only saw pictures of them arriving protocol wise at the Royal Theatre and the show in Parken. Not what went on when they came inside. Besides she stayed at Mary and Frederik’s Chancellery House the whole weekend. Mary and victoria could have had long talks all night about royal life, Daniel etc.

At the wedding of Frederik and Mary, there are pictures of Victoria and Letizia were talking, as well as one of Letizia curtsying to Victoria. So it wasn't just one isolated incident of Victoria being polite and greeting Letizia warmly when Letizia and Felipe came to Sweden. And when you think that it was likely only the third occasion that Victoria and Letizia had been in each other's company (F&M's wedding, F&L's own wedding and the Spanish visit to Sweden most recently), I think the warmth of the greeting given to each other by both women is impressive.

If you compare, this is the fourth time Victoria and Mary have come into contact: once before the wedding when Victoria visited Denmark, F&M's own wedding, Hans Christian Andersen festivities, at which there were at least three events, and now this visit.

Genevieve said:
If you compare, this is the fourth time Victoria and Mary have come into contact: once before the wedding when Victoria visited Denmark, F&M's own wedding, Hans Christian Andersen festivities, at which there were at least three events, and now this visit.

Have you seen photos of Victoria and Mary interacting at the couple's wedding, at the HCA festivities? Or more photos that show Victoria and Mary or even other royals to compare interactions?

Well Alisa... do "pink and beautiful" seem right for you now?

Imo, it would be narrow minded to attempt to judge a person's attitide or feelings toward another person solely on the basis of one or two pictures; more appropriately, it would be impossible. I couldn't even begin to compare Mary's attitude towards Victoria as opposed to Letizia and Victoria, because I can't read their minds. What I find even more astounding is the subtle use of these comparisons to discredit or bash Mary. There is no need to debase one person to elevate another.

It's most unfortunate since I enjoy both Letizia and Mary and I have never claimed to have a favourite princess.

Mary and Letizia are two wonderful young women who live in two very different countries. They should be allowed to have different emotions, feelings and tastes without having to be compared to each other every time someone has the urge to promote their own agenda.

Than I guess none of us should not have opinions-good or bad-about the royals. After all we don't know them personally. Maybe that should become a rule on here.

I thought that this was a Board to discuss Royalty and voice opinions. Personally, I think Mary is very attractive and have become even more so since the wedding. It is just my opinion as everyone else voice their opinions. I don't think that anyone here have any ill will towards any member of Royalty or of each poster of this board.

We are just here to share our thoughts, discuss Royalty and have a good time.

Please, none of us should ever pontificate on this board just because we don't agree with an earlier post; we are people from all walks of life who happen to have at least one common bond, our love/admiration of Royalty.

michelleq said:
I thought that this was a Board to discuss Royalty and voice opinions. Personally, I think Mary is very attractive and have become even more so since the wedding. It is just my opinion as everyone else voice their opinions. I don't think that anyone here have any ill will towards any member of Royalty or of each poster of this board.

We are just here to share our thoughts, discuss Royalty and have a good time.

Please, none of us should ever pontificate on this board just because we don't agree with an earlier post; we are people from all walks of life who happen to have at least one common bond, our love/admiration of Royalty.

By all means, we encourage discussion and exchange of ideas at TRF. We don't expect that everone will always agree and speak with one voice, but we do expect civility from everyone. Incredible as it may seem to you, there is animosity towards some royal members, although we try to promote understanding. But yes, it is meant to be a fun place.

Finally, no one should be accused of "speaking with pompous authority" since every one is afterall only expressing his or her opinion.:)

Meredith said:
Well Alisa... do "pink and beautiful" seem right for you now?

The scenarios are entirely different. One needn't like Mary to see my point of view.

Photos from Sofiero

These ones are from when the Swedish Royal Family joined the Danish Royal Family on the ship, Danneborg for dinner. Madeleine looks as though she's having a little bit of trouble making sure her skirt doesn't fly up ;)

Attachments

• danneborgskirtflyingphilpurse.jpg
    danneborgskirtflyingphilpurse.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 492
  • laughingatskirtdanneborg.jpg
    laughingatskirtdanneborg.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 490
i loves those pics and i love that skirt, she is so cute, ahhhhhhh

Some very nice person on here added a link to hear the speech given by the HM the King of Sweden after cutting the ribon....what astounded me was HE SPOKE IN ENGLISH!

I was shocked but I guess it is another example that even at official events, english is used after all and not swedish or danish.....or both...

Back
Top Bottom