Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 1: November 2003 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia's family is in a very hard position: When the media chases them around in the course of their daily life, if they don't answer then the media will say that they are difficult and unfriendly. Yet if they politely answer questions, then the media will say that they are revealing confidences about the life of the Felipe, Letizia and Leonor's as well as the rest of the Spanish royal family. Essentially, they can't win no matter what they do.

As for Henar Ortiz having become more successful since Letizia married Felipe, I really think that that is an unfair accusation. Unless Felipe, Letizia, the King or Queen, the Duke and Duchess of Lugo or the Duke and Duchess of Palma Mallorca endorsed Henar's clothing line personally, or a royal statement by the Spanish court was issued to say that they were supporting her clothing line, then I don't see how she is using her familial connection to Letizia to improve her fashion line. If you don't think of her as a relation of Letizia's but as merely another fashion designer, she is no different than any other Spanish designer whom Letizia has brought attention to simply by wearing their clothes on public duties.

And as Larzen has said, countless of other royal relations have benefitted from their sons or daughters marrying into royal families. Letizia's family is not the first and they won't be the last. It really comes down to what these families do with these relations that matters -- I think that what Sven Hoiby is doing because he is the father of the Norwegian Crown Princess is far worst than Telma's NGO getting some press attention.

As for Jesus getting to interview Spain's head of government -- that may have been a highlight of his career for him, but it probably affected the Spanish royal family more in that an-law was interviewing the head of the government when the royal family (especially in Spain) should be as far removed from government activities as possible. In doing so, if anything was wrong, it probably more affected Jesus' relationship with his daughter and his in-laws.

And as has been discussed, not just for royals, but for everyone, if you have connections -- you use it. It is only smart, to. Rightly or wrongly, jobs and climbing the corproate ladder these days isn't about what you know but who you know. But ultimately, even if someone gets you in the door for an interview or gives you a wonderful opportunity, it's up to you to prove yourself and to show people that you are capable of the job.

People may buy a first book by Princess Martha Louise or Mary's step-mom Susan Moody because of the "celebrity factor," but they won't buy second books unless the books are good. Just as John Donaldson wouldn't be asked to continue teaching in Copenhagen if he wasn't an affective or respected professor. And people wouldn't keep buying Marie-Chantal's clothes for their kids if they weren't fashionable and well made. The celebrity factor can only carry you so far.

So even if Jesus, Telma, Paloma, Henar, etc. get some added attention or opportunities because they are related to Letizia, it's up to them to show that they are capable of the opportunities and tasks presented to them.

I'm not an ignorant, of course I know Tamara Rojo is Principe of Asturias price, but Felipe dosn't go to anything that Principe de Asturias awardees (is that a word? Spanish is my first lenguage, sorry) does, Erika went from sales books to the theater and this is not a lie, they were in a very bad position, in fact when Letizia move to Zarzuela Erika takes over her apparment to upgrade their living space.
And for what could matter the father of a princess must be very careful because the interview with Zapatero shows the family inclinations to the left and people assumed Letizia was a lefty and can have an ascendent over Felipe in order to be more condescents with the PSOE; and the royals should'nt have public political oppinions, their families must be very careful about that. If Jesus futures jobs depends of that interview let me tell you hes already screwed because that was an awful, cursi and weird interview, the joke of Spain for a months. Thas the only thing I would add and of course I wont retract myself of what I have said, probably in your countries the nepotism is normal, in Spain does exist but is not well taken at all.

Last edited:
Scherezada said:
And for what could matter the father of a princess must be very careful because the interview with Zapatero shows the family inclinations to the left and people assumed Letizia was a lefty and can have an ascendent over Felipe in order to be more condescents with the PSOE; and the royals should'nt have public political oppinions, their families must be very careful about that.
No, the fact that Jesus interviewed Zapatero does not mean o prove in any way that his political feelings are left-minded. If he did it in his capacity as a journalist, then he was simply doing his job.

Journalists, and for that matter, everybody has to talk to people in the course of doing their job that they do not agree with on a political, social or economic level.

When I was a student studying journalism, during an election year, I was sent out all the time to cover the activities of a politcal party whom I would never have voted for. That I went out and interviewed these leaders and candidates did not mean that I agreed with their policies -- I was simply doing my job.

Or, Jesus could know that interviewing the head of the Spanish government would be a coup of an interview and he went after it. In no way does it imply that he agrees with the man's policies.

Think of how many journalists have sought interviews with individuals whom their countries did not like or whom they themselves personally do not like? Barbara Walters has interviewed Fidel Castro despite her country's policies against Cuba. Think of how many journalists want to interview Osam Bin Laden -- does that mean that they agree with his policies or his actions?

Last edited:
Scherezada said:
I'm not an ignorant, of course I know Tamara Rojo is Principe of Asturias price, but Felipe dosn't go to anything that Principe de Asturias awardees does, Erika went from sales books to the theater and this is not a lie, they were in a very bad position, in fact when Letizia move to Zarzuela Erika takes over her apparment to upgrade their living space.
And for what could matter the father of a princess must be very careful because the interview with Zapatero shows the family inclinations to the left and people assumed Letizia was a lefty and the royals should'nt have public political oppinions, their families must be very careful about that. If Jesus futures jobs depends of that interview hes already screw because that was an awful, cursi and weird interview, the joke of Spain for a months. Thas the only thing I would add and of course I wont retract myself of what I have said, probably in your countries the nepotism is normal, in Spain exist but is not well taken.

You return to mistake in several things

1. The father of Letizia also has interviewed members of the government of the PP (right) for the same magazine, and if you wish it I can give you the direction of the magazine in order that you consult it. Also you can read it in someone of the previous articles.

http://www.notariado.org/publicaciones/escritura/

2. The Prince supports a very active relation with the Foundation Prince of Asturias and with the winning ones. He is not present at all the acts because the Foundation does hundreds of acts. But he comes to activities of the rewarded and gets together with them when he visits foreign countries. For example, Nelson Mandela was invited to the royal wedding because he had received the Prize Prince, and the Prince was invited to dinner by Woody Allen in one of his visits to New York. Tamara Rojo acted in Oviedo the day later to the Prizes, at first there was thought that the Prince was going to come (how he did last year with Paco's de Lucia Concert), but finally he returned to Madrid, and went to see her in Madrid.

3. Finally, I do not understand the problem of which Erika lives in the flat of her sister. Letizia bought this flat her work, it is her flat and she have right to do withit what wants. She might have sold or have rented it it and to earn a lot of money; because the former flat of the Princess of Asturias would sell for a lot of money. Instead of doing business, she decided to be left her sister. What you seem badly of it?
You criticize for criticizing, and not knowing any information.

Scherezada said:
I'm not an ignorant, of course I know Tamara Rojo is Principe of Asturias price, but Felipe dosn't go to anything that Principe de Asturias awardees (is that a word? Spanish is my first lenguage, sorry) does, Erika went from sales books to the theater and this is not a lie, they were in a very bad position, in fact when Letizia move to Zarzuela Erika takes over her apparment to upgrade their living space.

Please, read the biography of Erika

http://www.diariodenavarra.es/especiales/bodareal/familias/pagina8.asp

Scherezada said:
And for what could matter the father of a princess must be very careful because the interview with Zapatero shows the family inclinations to the left and people assumed Letizia was a lefty and can have an ascendent over Felipe in order to be more condescents with the PSOE; and the royals should'nt have public political oppinions, their families must be very careful about that.

To do an interview to the President of the Governement is to be lefty? :D :D :D

Scherezada said:
If Jesus futures jobs depends of that interview let me tell you hes already screwed because that was an awful, cursi and weird interview, the joke of Spain for a months.

It is your personal opinion, really I did not read the interview. But , It seems very rare to publish an "awful, cursi and weird" interview in a review.

Scherezada said:
Thas the only thing I would add and of course I wont retract myself of what I have said, probably in your countries the nepotism is normal, in Spain does exist but is not well taken at all.

Nepotism exists in Spain :eek: . Your spain and my spain seems to be very different.

Conclusion: You dislikes Letizia Ortiz and everything around her, ok. The next time you told general arguments, like biography...., please put the link where you read it. This is the second time that you lies ;)

Scherezada said:
I know Tamara Rojo is Principe of Asturias price, but Felipe dosn't go to anything that Principe de Asturias awardees (is that a word? Spanish is my first lenguage, sorry) does,
That is not true. That only proves that you have no idea of what you're talking about. Prince Felipe attends many events related with to the PoA awardees (actually almost all...). I'm not taking the trouble to present you a list, because I'm sure you wouldn't read it, but, just to talk of last year, he attended various conferences, concerts and dancing spectacles!!!!
Jesus Ortiz didn't participate in any campaign to promote the head of any political party or something! He just sent a questionnaire (it was not even an interview, but a questionnaire that was sent via e-mail!!) to the Prime-Minister of Spain!! By your point of view, the King should not great Zappatero, because the prime-minister is a man of politics and the Royal family can not show any political inclinations! Please, be rational.

Alexandria said:
As for Jesus getting to interview Spain's head of government -- that may have been a highlight of his career for him, but it probably affected the Spanish royal family more in that an-law was interviewing the head of the government when the royal family (especially in Spain) should be as far removed from government activities as possible. In doing so, if anything was wrong, it probably more affected Jesus' relationship with his daughter and his in-laws.

I was looking on the internet about this interview and for what i've read, it seems there have been some disagreements about the interview.

http://www.elmundo.es/suplementos/cronica/2005/528/1133046016.html
http://www.elconfidencialdigital.com/Articulo.aspx?IdArticulo=5536

It is sometime a headache to be on the spotlight. There should be some limits or boundaries to protect the privacy of the people. In his case, I think he will be more careful before writing another interview.

Ariel said:
I was looking on the internet about this interview and for what i've read, it seems there have been some disagreements about the interview.

http://www.elmundo.es/suplementos/cronica/2005/528/1133046016.html
http://www.elconfidencialdigital.com/Articulo.aspx?IdArticulo=5536

It is sometime a headache to be on the spotlight. There should be some limits or boundaries to protect the privacy of the people. In his case, I think he will be more careful before writing another interview.

The interview cannot be considered to be such, it was a questionnaire sent for e.mail, that was sent to all the members of the government and for a magazine that is not to the sale but it is for a professional group and depends on a public department.

The dilemma is so absurd, that the previous month had interviewed the Minister of the Interior (one of the most important in Spain especially for the topic of the terrorism) and nobody had commented on anything.

In a country how Spain, with so many mass media, and many with clear political inclinations ... the envy and the disputes between press are habitual. Any interview to the Prime minister is capable of critique for the one who does it .... there are many journalists and to many people it would like to do this interview. The Prime minister has granted interviews to women's magazines or for gays ... but not to certain journalists or newspapers.

It is an exagerate and absurd polemic ... more bearing in mind that this magazine does not sell at the public in the shops, and that therefore those who write in it are not going to do any business, they are not going to acquire some reputation. The interview there are going to read those who receive the magazine, which they are a minority group.

Therefore, it is possible neither to accuse nor of wanting to earn money, nor of wanting to earn reputation ... simply he was making the same worn out that he has done with other members of the Government without it supposed no type of problem.
Will it be that some of them think that he must stop working? Or must he ask for permission whenever he does an interview to the whole Spanish press?

I believe that in Spain the Royal House, the politicians and the press ... there have more important enough things with which to deal, that of an interview in the one that is not said not importantly at all. It is an absurd polemic of so many people that arise in the press.

Last edited:
The mother of the princess of Asturias could change of address and be transferred to a house near the palace of her daughter.

A house that at the moment is in rehabilitation process and that something has to do with National Patrimony. I do not know if the content, in this case the bricks, or the continent, in form of manual labor.

part of the article

http://www.elconfidencial.com/gente/indice.asp?id=1942

The women coil to the men in the family of Doña Letizia, affirms to the author of "the Ortiz"

The women are the one who command in the family of the princess of Asturias, Letizia Ortiz, according to Mariló Suárez, author of "the Ortiz, the Asturian family of the princess Letizia", who will go out this week. Suárez reviews to all the ascending ones of the Princess, beginning by her paternal grandmother, Menchu journalist Alvarez of the Valley, until concluding that Princess Letizia grew in a family in whom the women coil the men.

http://www.laopiniondezamora.es/?pContenido=http://www.laopiniondezamora.es/secciones/sociedad/sociedad.jsp?pVar=1142832118727

fanletizia said:
The women coil to the men in the family of Doña Letizia, affirms to the author of "the Ortiz"

http://www.laopiniondezamora.es/?pContenido=http://www.laopiniondezamora.es/secciones/sociedad/sociedad.jsp?pVar=1142832118727

:eek: :eek: It is incredible, how can they write a book on Letizia's family? What right have they? Letizia is a public personage, but her family has right to support their intimacy, I do not understand this.
It seems to me to be terrible that besides they speak about the godmother of Letizia, what already victim of a cancer has died.
And it seems to me to be furthermore terrible that they publish this book the week in which it is fulfilled a year of the death of the grandfather of Letizia. How can few scruples be had so?
Then they criticize to Letizia's family, when actually there is demonstrated once again that it is the press who chases them, and who pledges in damaging them and earning money with them.:confused:

Last edited:
More about this book from "El mundo"'s suplement "Cronica" (it's written by the author I think):
http://www.elmundo.es/suplementos/cronica/2006/542/1142722813.html
And rough translation:

In Letizia's family woman rule more than in "the Ortiz", title of the book. It would be necessary to talk about the women who have conformed the character of Letizia. According to the author, in this family the men are left coils by the "féminas".

With calm voice, like assuming their own condition of head of household,Plácida del Valle drops laconic "déjalos that speak" in an attempt to raise the moral of their daughter Menchu, crushed by the maledicentes commentaries of the Oviedo of half of XX century. The phrase said by the great-grandmother of Doña Letizia has become the motto that moves and motivates an ancestry of women that has influenced in the character of the Princess of Asturias. All and each one has contributed a part of themselves to Doña Letizia: the tenacity, the ambition, the eternal curiosity, the affection and a strong character that explodes as the foam of champán when it gets upset. Self-taught women who did not dedicate themselves to a simple life.

To know better the personality of the wife of the heir to the Spanish throne through the women of its family is the foundation of the book "Los Ortiz", the Asturian family of princess Letizia, who I finish writing and who on 24th will go out under the seal of La Esfera de los Libros. In it, I shell the influence that exerted this matriarcado in the forge of a princess. When we knew officially that Doña Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano was going to be the future Princess of Asturias, at the end of 2003, another name related to her left the voluntary anonymity that had chosen more than ten years ago: Maria del Carmen Alvarez del Valle, her paternal grandmother, more well-known by Menchu. A woman who reached popularity in the radio between years 50's and 80's of XX century.

The strong personality of its grandmother, her ambition to be the best one in its profession, its excess of perfeccionism, its character sometimes endiablado and also a natural spontanieous that always helped to hide it its timidity... These are some of the characteristics that the old speaker transmitted to her granddaughter Letizia.

In the book anecdotes about Menchu are related to understand better the character of the Princess. One tells that, in the occasion of the International Film Festival in San Sebastián, the grandmother of Princess de Asturias was with a Jorge Mistral eager to have an adventure with her. Of course, she refused and to the cinema gallant its reaction called the attention to him, since it thought that she was more modern. Menchu cut to him with a butcher: "Modern yes, "puta" not". Soon they were good friends.

Menchu attracted Letizia towards the world of books, taught to love the poets, who nobody is more important that she, to enjoy the power of silence and to to be generous with the family, feeling shared by all the women who appear in the book.
For Letizia, her grandmother is referring an unquestionable one. A dedicated photography -"I want to be as good as you"- she left in the familiar album and she remembers the beginning of a profession truncated when seeing itself Princess.

If her grandmother put gusanillo to him of the media, her aunt grandmother Mari Sol Alvarez gave the touch to prevail. With Mari Sol she learned to lose the fear, to lay way, to calm the nerves, to modulate the voice... And that a woman can gain as much as she wants. She contributed that feminista granite of respect. Mari Sol managed to lay way in Madrid until directing in National Radio its own matutinal, program,Clave del Sol, made only by women. She is the one that also maintains an ideology most visible. Progresista, was a well-known one affiliated with the union UGT. And, how no, the other aunt grandmother, Flora Alvarez del Valle, the artist of the family, attracted by the esoteric world, the dared one able to create her own producer and to go to ruin with her first largometraje,Mecanismo Interior, carried out by the actress Maria Mahor. She contributed affection in abundance and attraction by art.Aquéllos that knew it in the Corral de la Moraría's memories it trying to introduce their scripts. She was a beautiful woman, of disquieting physicist, who spoke with passion of the Rosacruces and its secret society.

The mother, Paloma Rocasolano, is the advisor, the one that elegance contributes and it gives touch of distinction. Letizia with "Z" comes from the fascination that her mother felt when it is listened tth pronounce of that name to an Italian woman. Opera, classical music, dance, is arts that fill the world of Paloma and that she transfers to her daughter. In a trip to Cuba, Paloma managed to dazzle companions by the passion that is demonstrated by enjoying every moment of the life. She is the perfect tourist.

Through her godmother and aunt, Cristina Ortiz, died because of a cancer, know the fight by the life, the love to the family and the reality of the clan that never leaves to you, whereas her aunt Henar Ortiz transfers to her that the important thing is to be in taste with the life: the rebel of the family, the one that looked for until it found his hollow.

Each one transmitted the best thing to him of herself, contributing to forge the personality of Letizia. And the men? Coils by the female personalities, faithful shades...
Mariló Suárez is author of "the Ortiz", that will go out the 24 March under the seal the Sphere Books/MARILÓ SUÁREZ

Reading these things and being a woman, there is grateful that the world has changed in the last decades.
The grandmother of the Princess always has looked like to me an interesting personage, an example for many women of her epoch. Probably for whom it does not know the history of Spain it is more difficult to deal. But with the arrival of the dictatorship of Franco, the Spanish women, they lost many of the rights that had won. The women only had to marry and take care of their family, other one sews it was badly a sight. The women were depending totally on their husbands, and to do many things, how open an account in the bank, needed the signature of the husband.

This is slightly off the topic of the book -- but how many siblings does Paloma Rocasolano have and does she have any sisters? Also, did her mom work outside the home?

Emily said:
This is slightly off the topic of the book -- but how many siblings does Paloma Rocasolano have and does she have any sisters? Also, did her mom work outside the home?

Paloma has a brother, and this brother has 3 children, two boys and a girl, curiously the 3 took children as the first time last year, how Letizia, so Leonor has many cousins of her age to play. The brother of Paloma does not live in Spain. But the Princes came to the wedding of Abigail the cousin of Letizia, and other one of her cousins was the day of the commitment in El Pardo.

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg060323/prensa/noticias/Gente/Gente/200603/23/NAC-GEN-138.asp

Telma Ortiz, between the sexiest

The popularity of the yongest sister of Doña Letizia is not limited in the press of the heart to the interest of her singleness or of her friendships (Alberto of Monaco included).

Telma Ortiz, a cooperator of profession, has also been captivated the feminine preferences of the Spaniards or, at least, those of 56,000 readers of the magazine 'FHM', who have answered the classic question "Who are the sexiest girls in the world?".

Telma Ortiz appears as one of the ten 'sexiest' girls in the world... and that that ranking is full of national "bombones"...

Last edited by a moderator:
whoa! :eek: unbelievable...

probably not the attention Telma would want but i wonder what she'll say about making it to FHM's list...:D

Thanks Fanletizia for this video. I can't hear what says Dona Paloma !
Poor woman, it must be very hard for her working, walking in the street with journalists each time there is a rumor !

the German press/rumor mill can be really impossible. :eek:

You'r very welcome. :)

A picture from Jesus Ortiz and Paloma Rocasolano's wedding.
This pic was taked right after the wedding outside the place where the wedding took place, a "juzgado" or some like that. Source: El Mundo-Magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
RaniaRocks said:
You'r very welcome. :)

A picture from Jesus Ortiz and Paloma Rocasolano's wedding.
This pic was taked right after the wedding outside the place where the wedding took place, a "juzgado" or some like that. Source Seergepress.

The wedding was in a church. During the dictatorship, in Spain the civil marriage did not exist.;)

Lula in 1965 since the Vatican Council II you where able to get a civilian marriage in Spain presenting a paper that proved that you didn't have catholic religious beliefs, however that picture where presented to me as the wedding day but you may be right, I thought they maybe get married according by the civilian and after that they got the normal church wedding, as was/is so common for a lot of couples, I'm not saying Paloma and Jesus weren't religious people but you never know because remember that Francisco Rocasolano, Paloma's father was a fighter by the republica, in the Republican side and they maybe weren't that catholics after all, the same first wedding of Letizia was a civilian one; but again you maybe right, I'm trying right now to locate my sources from those pictures and a better picture as well, I remember that I had one with Paloma with a flowers bouquet if my memory serve me right. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom