Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 3: April - July 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to finish on the subject of who is the "better pregnant lady", I would like to add that the comment that started this whole discussion was really uncalled for.

These kind of comments can come only from someone who's never been pregnant or saw his wife pregnant. I sincerely wish that, when the time of this person comes (i.e. to become a parent) comments of this kind never reach his/her ears…

The pregnancy is a beautiful time and a blessing to each and every woman that receives it. To have a child with the man you love is the ultimate bond one can share, it's an unbreakable one.

Letizia, Mary, Mathilde, Maxima, Mette-Marit, Marie-Chantal, Caroline, and billions of women around the planet were blessed with their pregnancies and every single one of them went and will go through it in her own way and that's what makes it even more special.

By the way, in spite of the fact any other pregnant woman gets 12 hours in a plane in such an early stage of pregnancy (even if certainly not to have such intensive working schedules as Letizia has), doctors actually dissuade pregnant women to expose themselves to such a harm.

I can only admire Letizia more and more for being so sensible and taking care of her baby even before its born. (fingers crossed for a little girl!;) )

In addition, surely that to them is to whom it hurts to them more, because no matter how much runs the Prince is not going to arrive until the noon of Sunday, and with so many hours of trip he will do it tired... goes form to celebrate the wedding anniversary!

Although I'll miss the photos of Letizia, I am sure glad she is taking a rest if she needs it...the main thing is that she listen to the needs of her own body during pregnancy.

rchainho said:
why letizia won't go the the usa? They said because of the pregnancy. She isn't going well with the pregnancy? Mary shows very well in her pregnancy. :)
First of all I think that's a stupid remark. I guess you're not a mother or don't have anyone close to you who was or is pregnant. Some women have smooth sailing pregnancies and there are those who have bothersome morning sickness. In addition, maybe Letizia's doctor advised her not to go. I don't understand, before people were spreading all these rumors why she wasn't pregnant yet and now that she is you hear stuff like this. Geez, give this woman a freaking break.

planetcher said:
First of all I think that's a stupid remark. I guess you're not a mother or don't have anyone close to you who was or is pregnant. Some women have smooth sailing pregnancies and there are those who have bothersome morning sickness. In addition, maybe Letizia's doctor advised her not to go. I don't understand, before people were spreading all these rumors why she wasn't pregnant yet and now that she is you hear stuff like this. Geez, give this woman a freaking break.

I wouldn't call this remark stupid, but it definately insensitive. As many of you have already pointed out, different women react to pregnancy differently, and I especially agree with Emily. I'm glad that Letizia is listening to her own body, prioritizing the health of her child and taking the rest she needs.

Ladies, I am not even sure I should be comenting on this pregnancy issue. but with vast experience as mine, I have six children out of five pregnancies, I can assure you that something is definitely wrong with Letizia's pregnancy.

I like her, but I cannot hide the fact that the rummors about her tubes being tide are too strong to avoid. Given the case, i will coment on what I think. You ladies can kill me later!!

When the Princes announched her pregnancy they manetined they wanted to wait for the three month crucial period. Pregnancies are divided by trimesters or at least in the US they are. The first three months are the most horible for any woman that is preganant never mind a first timer. So since the princess already is three monhts pregnant, it means she already pased those three months of heavy nausea and morning sickness. She should be on her fourth month now, the begining of the second trimester which is ussualy the best part of any pregnancy.

Following thier schedule for the first three months of her pregnancy, not one day she stopped her engagements. Now that is public, she started to get sicker and can't make visits. I honestly ask my self what is wrong with this picture. Could it be what has been said underground about her sister? I don't know, and I am not one to judge. I just wish that everything goes well and that she is healthy, but I can't avoid to see too many abnormalities with her behavior and those of her suroundings.

Please give your thoughts.

Every pregnancy is different and cannot be compared with one another. It's a common fact that the 1st trimester are the hardest and that it generally gets better after the 1st 3mths. But it's also a known fact that some women suffer "monrning sickness" throughout their 9mths of pregnancy or that the morning sickness starts either in the 2nd tri or the final tri. My worst was during my 1st tri but it wasn't the case for my aunt or mom...who both told me their worst was during their 2nd tri and it got worst unitl the birth!

I think it's very unfair to comment on the state of Letizia's pregnancy just because she's missing a few engagements. Whether there's really something not right or whether it's really just a case of morning sickness, we should just keep her in our prayers and wish her all the best!

Also, having worked in the medial field all my adult life....i can safely tell you that a dr will always advise a pregn woman from travelling unless it's absolutely necessary. And seeing that it's her 1st child and all, her dr may have just advise something along the same lines!

Let's not look too much into her missed engagements - although it's a pity that we won't get pics of her - but maybe she just want some time out!

A pregnancy is not mathematical, are women who maintain you feel nauseous all the pregnancy. In addition, the announcement became when Letizia was of 11 weeks, therefore in the trip to Balearic it was in week 12, and until week 15 something normal is considered. If something had gone badly it had held since it did it in rate in baleres, only lacked to 5 acts of 30 in a trip that the own perodistas have recognized that fué exhausting.
As far as the acts, in the month of April the Princes had few acts, and nevertheless in May the agenda much more is tightened. In addition in Spain already it begins to be enough warm and I imagine that that also influences.

There is something I do not understand, and is what you say of some sister.

Eliza said:
Let's not look too much into her missed engagements - although it's a pity that we won't get pics of her - but maybe she just want some time out!
Even missing some engagements, Letizia still performs duties a lot more often than any other of the pregnant princesses (this week, she performed 4 engagements...). She only slowed down her frenetic working schedules a little bit, which is perfectly understandable due to her state, but she's not taking some time out at all.

Mika said:
Ladies, I am not even sure I should be comenting on this pregnancy issue. but with vast experience as mine, I have six children out of five pregnancies, I can assure you that something is definitely wrong with Letizia's pregnancy
So because she has missed a couple of engagements there must be something wrong with her:confused:
I like her, but I cannot hide the fact that the rummors about her tubes being tide are too strong to avoid. Given the case, i will coment on what I think. You ladies can kill me later!!
I find this talk about her tubes beeing tied rather disrespectful as there are only ruomors and I have not seen anyone offer anything that even looks like the slightest evidence that she has done it. Letizia is an educated woma and most likely knows about other forms of birthcontrol if she did not want to have a baby in her first marriage, and now she is pregnant after only a year which does not indicate that she had any trouble getting pregnant
When the Princes announched her pregnancy they manetined they wanted to wait for the three month crucial period. Pregnancies are divided by trimesters or at least in the US they are. The first three months are the most horible for any woman that is preganant never mind a first timer. So since the princess already is three monhts pregnant, it means she already pased those three months of heavy nausea and morning sickness. She should be on her fourth month now, the begining of the second trimester which is ussualy the best part of any pregnancy.
The body does not look at the calendar and say , ooops its been three months now I will not make the mornings bad for Letizia anylonger. Its different for every woman
Following thier schedule for the first three months of her pregnancy, not one day she stopped her engagements. Now that is public, she started to get sicker and can't make visits. I honestly ask my self what is wrong with this picture. Could it be what has been said underground about her sister? I don't know, and I am not one to judge. I just wish that everything goes well and that she is healthy, but I can't avoid to see too many abnormalities with her behavior and those of her suroundings.
Letizia and Felipe had a for them lighter scheduel in Letizias first trimester, now they are back to their usual very busy scheduel, not to talk about the trip to Baleares with several helicopterrides and work all day long. That Letizia has to cancel an engagement now and then not to talk about a one day trip to America is hardly a suprise. It cant be compare to the Princesses who is schedueled for one or maybe two engagements a week and then can do everything with out cancelling.

Mika said:
Ladies, I am not even sure I should be comenting on this pregnancy issue. but with vast experience as mine, I have six children out of five pregnancies, I can assure you that something is definitely wrong with Letizia's pregnancy.

You were obviously very fortunate through all five of your pregnancies to not have experienced too much exhaustion, nausea, dizziness, and other symptoms beyond your first trimester with each of your pregnancies. However, this does not make your experiences the norm by which every woman's pregnancy is measured against.

Mika said:
I like her, but I cannot hide the fact that the rummors about her tubes being tide are too strong to avoid.

Whether you like her or not is irreleveant. It isn't even necessary to qualify that you like her or not.

Do you have evidence of that she's had her tubes tied? Have you seen the medical reports of this? Were you in the room when the procedure was done? Were you the doctor who performed the procedure? Please provide it. As far as I am aware, and which you said so yourself, they are only rumours. There were also rumours that Letizia was pregnant last July, last October, last December, and earlier this January but they all turned out to be rumours, too. (I also heard the rumour that Letizia is having twins, or if you believe some other tabloids, she is have sextuplets. :rolleyes: )

Mika said:

As many have stated already, no pregnancy is the same. No pregnancy is the same even for the same woman. Women, while built of the same body parts, are not cookie cutters of each other. You are not Letizia and Letizia is not me and I am not Mary and Mary is not Mathilde.

Being more sick and nauseous and exhausted the first stage of your pregnancy and feeling better the second trimester is only a suggested and very generalized guideline or a 'stereotype' of what you can expect. It does not encompass everything that a woman may experience during her first trimester, nor do all women experience all of the expected symptoms. They symptoms of a pregnancy are not like a checklist that you can check mark everything you are feeling or "achieving" like one marks a report card.

Being pregnant and pregnancy is not about timing and making sure that your symptoms are in tune with everybody else's symptoms. We are not talking about the flight schedule at a busy airport. Honolulu at 12:15, Chicago at 1:20, Hong Kong at 1:36, Oslo at 2:00. Pregnancy is very much about listening to your own body and letting it decide how you feel, whether you need more sleep, more vitamins, or if you can go for that 5 mile hike.

Mika said:
Could it be what has been said underground about her sister?

What is being said underground about her sister? :confused: And what does underground mean? Are people talking about Telma in the subway system? Are the rats talking about her in the sewers?

Mika said:
Following thier schedule for the first three months of her pregnancy, not one day she stopped her engagements. Now that is public, she started to get sicker and can't make visits. I honestly ask my self what is wrong with this picture.

So she's missed a few engagements. What's the big deal? Mette-Marit missed several too but no one is whispering about her tubes being tied or the things being said about her "underground." It's impressive that during her first trimester she didn't miss any. And considering her schedule, I would say that she's entitled to miss an engagement or two. Many women miss a couple of days of work here and there during the course of their pregnancy. Letizia is no different, royal or not.

Mika said:
I don't know, and I am not one to judge. I just wish that everything goes well and that she is healthy, but I can't avoid to see too many abnormalities with her behavior and those of her suroundings.

It seems to me that you already have judged her. According to you, the rumours are apparently true that she had her tubes tied, and that something is obviously wrong with her because when the calendar flipped from her the last day of her first trimester to the first day of her second trimester she wasn't POOF! magically swell and perky again and back at her busy schedule of one or two engagements a day, averaging about 5-6 engagements a week. And if you can't "avoid seeing too many abnormalities with her behvaiour" then isn't that a judgement?

P.S. Have you seen her in person since she became pregnant that you can see that there are "abnormalities" in her behaviour? Or are you just basing these perceptions of "abnormalities" on pictures that have been posted?

Last edited:
Eliza said:
Every pregnancy is different and cannot be compared with one another. It's a common fact that the 1st trimester are the hardest and that it generally gets better after the 1st 3mths. But it's also a known fact that some women suffer "monrning sickness" throughout their 9mths of pregnancy or that the morning sickness starts either in the 2nd tri or the final tri. My worst was during my 1st tri but it wasn't the case for my aunt or mom...who both told me their worst was during their 2nd tri and it got worst unitl the birth!

I think it's very unfair to comment on the state of Letizia's pregnancy just because she's missing a few engagements. Whether there's really something not right or whether it's really just a case of morning sickness, we should just keep her in our prayers and wish her all the best!

Here, here Eliza! :)

From my mom and my aunts, to my friends who have been pregnant I have heard an assortment of stories of how they felt during their pregnancies. My mom was sick throughout the first and second trimester of her pregnancy with me. It is also a myth that morning sickness only happens in the morning! ;) My mom had "morning" sickness morning, noon and night during the first and second trimester with me, but had bundles of energy during her third trimester.

My grandmother was pregnant 9 times and said there were pregnancies when she felt great from day one, and pregnacies where she was exhausted the entire 9 months and was ordered bed rest for the last trimester. There were pregnancies when she was fine after the first trimester and pregnacies when the first trimester was fine but the last trimester wiped her out completely.

You also have to consider not just a "standard" expectation of pregnancy, but also the health and environmental circumstances of each pregnancy. My grandmother went through the ringer her first pregnancy because it was her first and she didn't know what to expect and so much of her body was changing, but by her second and third pregnancy because she knew what to expect she felt much better through them. But from her fourth pregnancy onwards, because she was older, and because she was taking care of three young children and a home, her pregnancies became more difficult, more exhausting, and more challenging. Foods that she liked, even craved during her first pregnancy made her want to throw up at the sight of them during subsequent pregnancies. And foods that she would never have eaten at any other time in her life, she suddenly couldn't get enough of!

I also agree too much is being made out of nothing..I travelled more than 1000 km the last week, feeling a little bit under the weather and since I came back I am exhausted and really have to drag myself out of the bed in the morning...and I'm not pregnant and am younger than Letizia...so I think it is perfectly understandable that she is taking things a little easy and looking after herself. I think also that it cannot be easy to be the focus of so much attention and possibly she needs a break from that too.

Since Genevieve, Larzen and Eliza have written everything I would if I had come here first, there's just one thing that crossed my mind just now.

Have you noticed that people seem to be seeking a problem in Letizia's pregnancy? People insisted so much to this and now they seem to want something to go wrong?

Be clear that I'm not referring to anyone in particular and not only on this board, but in some articles that I've read there's this feeling.

In case you don't know, Mette-Marit is suffering severely in her third pregnancy and has cancelled a couple of engagements as well.

What's Letizia supposed to be? Super-woman?

And, according to some articles I've read (that I'm translating to publish here), Infanta Pilar has said that Letizia is only two and a half months pregnant.

The announcement was supposed to happen on their anniversary, but since the rumours got stronger and she was feeling she would have to cancel some engagements due to morning sickness and nausea, they chose to anticipate it.

Please people, bare with her, it's her first pregnancy and everyone is watching her every move with attention, let her have some peace during this time and, by June or July she hopefully will feel a lot better.

Letizia is known for following a very healthy diet, she likes to workout, and I bet with anyone of you that noone loves more that little being that's developing inside her than herself so, if she feels she has to slow down, she will.

She's at her baby's command right now. If it says, 'slow down, mommy', she will do just that.

Meredith said:
Since Genevieve, Larzen and Eliza have written everything I would if I had come here first, there's just one thing that crossed my mind just now.

Have you noticed that people seem to be seeking a problem in Letizia's pregnancy? People insisted so much to this and now they seem to want something to go wrong?

Be clear that I'm not referring to anyone in particular and not only on this board, but in some articles that I've read there's this feeling.

In case you don't know, Mette-Marit is suffering severely in her third pregnancy and has cancelled a couple of engagements as well.

What's Letizia supposed to be? Super-woman?

And, according to some articles I've read (that I'm translating to publish here), Infanta Pilar has said that Letizia is only two and a half months pregnant.

The announcement was supposed to happen on their anniversary, but since the rumours got stronger and she was feeling she would have to cancel some engagements due to morning sickness and nausea, they chose to anticipate it.

Please people, bare with her, it's her first pregnancy and everyone is watching her every move with attention, let her have some peace during this time and, by June or July she hopefully will feel a lot better.

Letizia is known for following a very healthy diet, she likes to workout, and I bet with anyone of you that noone loves more that little being that's developing inside her than herself so, if she feels she has to slow down, she will.

She's at her baby's command right now. If it says, 'slow down, mommy', she will do just that.

I totally agree Meredith. I think you make some good points, especially the one about how everyone wanted Letizia to be pregnant so much so long ago and now they want so much for something to be wrong with the pregnancy.

I think Letizia deserves a break. Her focus right now should be on her baby and not on working, working, working.

Mika, Can you clarify what it is that is being said about Letizia's sister? I am curious.

Hmm....how can she be 2 1/2 months pregnant when her baby is due in November? If anything she would be 3 1/2 months pregnant.

Hello I am new and of Spain pardon by my English!!

:D :D :D Mika talks about some people invent in Internet, that Telma is hidden in Asia because Telma is really pregnant and letizia cannot have children :D :D :D Telma is in Madrid after finishing her work with the Red Cross in Asia arrived the last week to Madrid and she has begun to work in Madrid.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17.05.2005 Telma Ortiz llega desde Asia y habla por primera vez sobre el embarazo de su hermana
La familia de doña Letizia ha acogido con gran ilusión la noticia del embarazo de la Princesa de Asturias. La hermana de la futura reina de España, Telma Ortiz, manifestó su alegría con la buena nueva.

La joven sigue cumpliendo con sus compromisos en labores humanitarias en Cruz Roja. "Estoy muy contenta", confesó al respecto de la feliz noticia a su entrada al edificio de la asociación en Madrid. Éstas han sido las primeras declaraciones de Telma desde que regresó recientemente a España tras permanecer varios meses en Asia colaborando en labores de ayuda a los damnificados por el tsunami.

La hermana de doña Letizia tendrá oportunidad de felicitar personalmente a los Príncipes de Asturias por su próxima paternidad, que está prevista para el mes de noviembre.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

the baby will be born at the end of November his pregnancy is of 11 or 12 weeks

underground about her sister:D :D :D :D :D Telma is Madrid working .

attachment.php
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=144231

samitude said:
Hmm....how can she be 2 1/2 months pregnant when her baby is due in November? If anything she would be 3 1/2 months pregnant.

From Que Me Dices: http://www.quemedices.wanadoo.es/reportajes/2752_3.html

The King said the baby will be born in December.

Anyhow, a lot of voices points out that the announcement of the pregnancy (which was due on May 13th) had to be adavanced due to the rumours and, above all, to the typical pregnancy symptoms the princess is experiencing.

And, if it's really the case, the princess would be two and a half months along - an assumption that Infanta Pilar had reinforced unconsciously: "At 2 months and a half, you can't know the sex of the baby"

In this case, the future Infante or Infanta has been conceived in the last week of February. On February 22nd, the couple began their tour to Brazil.

Another reinforcement to this assumption was given by the king himself when he assured on May 8th, when he afirmed that the baby will be born "in december".

El Rey dijo que nacerá en diciembre.
Sin embargo, muchas voces apuntan a que el anuncio del embarazo (previsto para el 13 de mayo) tuvo que adelantarse debido a los incesantes rumores y, sobre todo, a las molestias que sufre la Princesa.
De ser así, Letizia estaría embarazada de dos meses y medio – hipótesis que la infanta Doña Pilar ha alimentado sin querer: “A los dos meses y medio nadie sabe el sexo del bebé.”
En este caso, el futuro Infante o Infanta habría sido concebido en la última semana de febrero.
El martes 22 la pareja inició su cálida visita oficial a Brasil.
Lo que también avalaría esta hipótesis es que el propio Rey aseguró el ocho de mayo que nacería “en diciembre”.

It is incredible what the people can manage to invent, indeed. Thelma was going 5 months in Indonesia, and already she had to return two months ago but it she decided to remain. Her grandfather died 1 month ago and it was evident that in all that itshe) could she would return to be with her family. The people are cruel up to an incomprehensible point. They have said so many lies on Letizia that now they look for totally improbable explanations. Not embarrassed they are going to be able to make her calm.

The pregnancy was announced when Letizia was of 11 weeks, if they calculate the 40 weeks approximately the baby will be born at the end of November. The King embroils a little with the dates, already happened with Infant Cristina. The father of Letizia said that he would be born at the end of November.

I've been watching this discussion going on here, and even if I don't have children myself, I still know that the pregnacies can be very different from woman to woman, and from pregnancy to pregnancy. So my point is, you can't really compare the pregnacies of the different princesses, because their pregnancies are as different from each other as they are!

My suspicion in this case is that they announced the pregnancy earlier than planned for the same reasons as CP Mette-Marit did, namely to prevent gossip and that people would suspect the pregnancy after a while anyway, due to morning sickness and cancelations of events.

lula said:
The King embroils a little with the dates, already happened with Infant Cristina.
Yes, that's true. The king had said that Cristina would give birth in July or something...

Meredith said:
Meredith, it's as simple as this. The Spanish pink press is one of the most avid ones, together with the British tabloids (but not so mad as the German mags :D ) and, as we all know, a simple pregnancy does not sell... you have to join some spicy to the dish... a bit of anorexia, a bit of past miscarriages, a tie of tubes, a bit of "obviously" wrong symptoms... That's unfortunately the rules which guide some of these people, and you just can't give credit to them...

Letizia had had her tubes tied???impossible!such thing is never done for young women without children.

Cute, this is a stupid rumor of so many people. Some ignoramuses decian it to explain that she should not have children, as if the contraceptive ones did not exist...

http://www.abc.es/especiales/index.asp?cid=12820

The centre of all attentions

Each one of her gestures, her glances, the way she walks and, mainly, the way she dresses, her make-up and her hairdo is accurately examined. Ever since she became the fiancée of the Prince of Asturias, Doña Letizia has been under the scrutiny of popular opinion in each one of her officials or private appearances. If at her first appearances next to the Royal Family, some of her outfits were criticised for being excessively sober or, on the contrary, too much disarmed, throughout this year, the Princess of Asturias has been defining her style, and, at the present moment, it reflects security and elegance, within the correction and the absence of extravagances that is imposed by protocol.

The "Letizia effect"

In addition to that, throughout these months, we have been watching the "Letizia effect". This is a phenomenon that is noticeable, fist of all, in the interest and affection that the Princess wakes up in people (eager to simply touch her hand or to see her in person, as it happened in their recent visit to Balears, after the pregnancy announcement). On the other hand, this is a phenomenon that also produces effect in the numerous imitations of her personal style. Doña Letizia has become an icon followed by thousands of women, who do not hesitate in copying her hairdo, her outfits and her inseparable green eyeliner.

The more noticeable change

Her secret resides in maintaining a good base with a solid line of trenches; that is to say with hardly perceivable alterations and without assuming risks. The more noticeable change of the last weeks has been the new haircut of the wife of Don Felipe. Her hairdresser has slightly scaled her classic hair cut, giving more movement to it, giving a "look" with more personality. She continues dying her hair with subtle locks in two clearer tones that the base.

Doña Letizia has given samples of her simple tastes. Although the external image of journalistic austerity disappeared with that fascinating red dress of Lorenzo Caprile that she wore at the wedding of the Heir to the Danish Throne, the Princess has revealed herself as a woman who prefers to enjoy the outfits and who doesn’t care to repeat models, even the gala dresses, as it happened with the silver dress (also a work of Caprile) that she wore at her pre-wedding dinner and that the designer remodelled, at the very request of the Princess, so that it could be used again, at the gala dinner offered to the president of Hungary. Without "liftings", the wife of Don Felipe has not hesitated to repeat some of the suits made by Felipe Varela, who signs most of her clothes for her official trips and to attend the diverse acts in Spain.

Pregnant Clothes

The impeccable cut that Varela puts in her suits (with the jackets carved with the techniques of the High Couture and the skirts cut in the right measurement) the belly of Doña Letizia is even more heightened, although it is expected that the designer will make premother clothes to the Princess. With belly or without it, in live colours (like red, bright pink, vanilla or salmon) or in pastel tones, the suits of Doña Letizia are already an inherent characteristic to her style.

Also, another remarkable characteristic of the style of the Princess is combining shoes and purses; a somehow classic way to understand fashion. Used to wear heels of 12 centimeters, Doña Letizia is faithful to the creations of Pura Lopez, Pepe Rico, Paco Gil and Sara Navarro, although she’s also fascinated by Manolo Blahnik and the Jimmy Choo, to which she surely will have to say good bye, by medical recommendation; she will start to use lower heels with a wider base.

As far as purses are concerned, the Princess of Asturias uses prestige labels, as the Spanish Loewe (she has the model Senda in several colours) or the French Yves Saint-Laurent. As for jewels, Doña Letizia is not friend of ostentation. She usually takes small earrings, a discreet bracelet and also discreet clocks that she changes with regularity. The most precious necklaces are usually reserved to gala occasions. By the way, what gift has Don Felipe presented his wife, on their first wedding anniversary?

See also these threads:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5332

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5326

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5030

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2397

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5125

http://www.abc.es/especiales/index.asp?cid=12822

The Queen of the covers

She’s the unquestionable queen of all the covers and that is already the best news the magazines of the heart could have. The arrival of the Princess of Asturias was the salvation for many of them. At a time when the magazines of the heart were in crisis, the appearance of Doña Letizia Ortiz next to the Prince of Asturias was something like blessed water, since the presence of the Princes is already certain in all those weekly publications. It is truth that the Royal Family has always occupied an outstanding place in those magazines. All the receptions held at the Palace, the great gala dinners, the trips of the King and Queen throughout the world, the engagements and weddings of the Infantas, as well as the arrival of all the grandsons of the King and Queen have always been reason for long news articles and even for special editions. But with Doña Letizia everything has increases. Her irruption in the world of the heart has been total. For years, many years, the magazines had bet who would be the woman chosen by Don Felipe. Many covers have been sent to the kiosks with the name of candidates who, in the end, had nothing to do with what was said of them. Also the previous relations of the Prince have been objective of the press of the heart, from Isabel Sartorius to Gigi Howard or Eva Sannum. But with the engagement, everything changed.

Doña Letizia was not a stranger for the readers, who could see her until that date presenting the News of TVE.

Without any doubt, one of the stellar moments of those covers was the one that reflected the beauty and glamour of the Princess, when she attended the wedding of Federico of Denmark and Mary Donaldson, together with the Prince. That day was special in all senses. Before that day, there something similar was already experienced on the engagement of the Princes at El Pardo, but the one of Denmark added something more. To the interest in the bride and groom, it was added all the speculation of a royal wedding, with all that glamour that accompanied Doña Letizia those days. It was then that people started to speak of a "Letizia’s style".

From then on, each one of Doña Letizia’s appearances has insistently illustrated the front pages. Her gestures, her outfits, her hairdos, her shoes, her heels, her purses, her glances are analyzed to detail... Everything, absolutely everything what surrounds the Princess gets interest. Doña Letizia has that magnetism that characterizes some people and the sales of magazines express that the readers want to know everything what does. For that reason, she is the unquestionable queen of all the covers; but queen of the eyes, not only of the hearts. And there they are the weekly political magazines or the newspapers to demonstrate that the Princess is always at the first news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom